Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 190 Guests

Just back and a bit more..

This thread currently has 11,643 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Ahh Sole
September 26, 2017, 10:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from Tradjazz
Will do no good with an engine room (midfield) who saw York relegated out of the league. It's like trying to win a Formula One Grand Prix with a Nissan Micra.
So frustrating. Surely we are better than this!!!!!!!!

Not sure you can blame a midfield that must have neck ache from watching the ball flying over their heads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 79
Mrbump53
September 26, 2017, 10:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Think the difference was when the 3 subs came on. We then started to put the pressure on their back 4 which then went to a back five and then to a back four when their sub got carried off. Too many players had a poor game tonight and the team lacked pace until the subs.

I won't comment about their time wasting tactics but the ref (who was bl#%dy awful) should have booked their goalie and not sure why the penalty was not a red card as denied a scoring opportunity.

We go on and reset for the game on Saturday but RS must be looking to play Jones, Matt & DJ from the start at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 79
LH
September 26, 2017, 10:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Really poor against another really poor side who should have been a reasonable target for three points. I feared the worst when the team came on RH on my way there. The only positive I can take from tonight was that we managed to get back level twice in a game - perhaps shows a bit of fight but that's stretching the definition somewhat.

Other than five minutes in either half we were awful all over the pitch but this defence is absolutely appalling. I honestly can't believe that this is seen and signed as a "top seven" side's defence. I am going to assume that their first took a deflection (although I won't rule it going straight through McKeown's hands as it appeared it had from my angle). I know it was foggy for the second goal but they did seem to have a free passage through for it!

All in all a pretty depressing evening at Town - we look like a dying club. Crowd and atmosphere is going or gone, the entertainment on offer is dreadful, the whiney minority are becoming a majority or at least getting louder. I don't know anybody who is looking forward to the derby game on Saturday and I have never known that to happen. It should be a bit of a highlight in the nothing seasons but this one feels like we're being walked to the noose.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 79
Ahh Sole
September 26, 2017, 10:40pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Just listening to Slade - he's on a different planet to the one I'm on - apparently we deserved to win. And I thought Bignot was crackers............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 79
londonmariner2
September 26, 2017, 10:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Worst football i have seen since Slades last time here.  Clark and Dixon are a downgrade on Pearson and Andrew. Dixon is very weak and has poor distribution. Woolford, berret were anonymous. Summerfield had a decentish game. Vernon and Dembele did ok in spells. The game improved when DJ, Matt and Jones came on and we could have won but that would have been unfair on Colchester. I thought Brandon Comley had a decent game for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 79
oldun
September 26, 2017, 10:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
A poor game to watch and we got out of jail to get point we just about deserved. The game itself was dull as the foggy weather. Just listened to Slade and he must have seen a different game to me. He said we were much the better side and had the chances to win it. He was pleased how we reacted after going behind. He had another go at Macca for the first goal which he is right about it went straight through him. He acknowledged we should have defended better for their second when their guy ran through us on our right side, cut in and scored a very good goal. I am coming to the conclusion that there are a lot of poor inconsistent teams in this league, serving up poor quality football. I am a ST holder but at present I am not enthusiastic about going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 79
heppy88
September 26, 2017, 10:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Colchester were a poor side, but we were equally as bad.
If I could pick any player for MOM it would be Summerfield, showed determination, tried to keep the ball on the deck and produced some good passes.
To be honest although individually we have a mixed bag of talent, its the tactics and for that reason Slade has to take the blame. I lived away during Slades last stint at the club, so for me this is my first glimpse of Slades style of play. Its awful to watch. Despite there being 4 goals and Town coming back from behind on 2 occasions the game was dire. Normally I would be looking forward to the Lincoln game, a full house, but to be honest I'm losing interest and judging by the attendance and atmosphere tonight I'm not the only one. It saddens me what the club have done to the enthusiasm and goodwill that came about from Operation Promotion and resulting promotion. Its sh!te.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 79
Marinerz93
September 26, 2017, 10:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LH
Really poor against another really poor side who should have been a reasonable target for three points. I feared the worst when the team came on RH on my way there. The only positive I can take from tonight was that we managed to get back level twice in a game - perhaps shows a bit of fight but that's stretching the definition somewhat.

Other than five minutes in either half we were awful all over the pitch but this defence is absolutely appalling. I honestly can't believe that this is seen and signed as a "top seven" side's defence. I am going to assume that their first took a deflection (although I won't rule it going straight through McKeown's hands as it appeared it had from my angle). I know it was foggy for the second goal but they did seem to have a free passage through for it!

All in all a pretty depressing evening at Town - we look like a dying club. Crowd and atmosphere is going or gone, the entertainment on offer is dreadful, the whiney minority are becoming a majority or at least getting louder. I don't know anybody who is looking forward to the derby game on Saturday and I have never known that to happen. It should be a bit of a highlight in the nothing seasons but this one feels like we're being walked to the noose.

Your an engineer, when bearings start to go you get a whiney noise, if you don't sort the problem out, then they degrade further you get loud grating noises. Until things better the voices of discontent will get louder and louder it's the order of football at every club.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 79
golfer
September 26, 2017, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Thought the first half was not too bad with Summerfield threading the ball through a couple of times with good solid passes on the ground-why can't other players do this instead of the big boot-easy meat when the centre half is nearly 7 ft tall. We don't seem to have any tactics and our left side is woeful as usual. The players seem fitter but if there are any planned tactics it is becoming very hard for the supporters or even the players to understand. There has to be some sort of change but only one person can do this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 79
LH
September 26, 2017, 10:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Marinerz93

Your an engineer, when bearings start to go you get a whiney noise, if you don't sort the problem out, then they degrade further you get loud grating noises. Until things better the voices of discontent will get louder and louder it's the order of football at every club.

Yes, as an engineer I'd change the whiney thing before it gets worse. We need the whiney things in this situation because they're funding the club in the most part.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.