Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 298 Guests

Just back and a bit more..

This thread currently has 11,584 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 27, 2017, 12:28am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,507
Gold Stars: 64
My biggest concern after tonights game was not the quality of performance but the content of Slade's radio interview.

I was hoping he would agree that on the night it was a very poor quality game, with many players out of touch and that whilst on chances we maybe should have won a draw was probably about right. His summary of the game was so far off the mark as to be unbelievable, and I am one of the supporters who does not normally have a problem with him.

To date the visiting sides to BP have not been of the best quality and Colchester were nearly as poor as Yeovil. As for us there is no pattern of play other than the long ball. I can accept long ball when used as a legitimate tactic that suits your players, a la Reddy many years back, and hearing stats re Cardiff's approach currently. I think we will witness a Lincoln team who know how to play this with talented, fast wingers and aggressive midfield players who will quickly pick up any second balls, think we are in for a tough time come Saturday followed by weeks of urine taking over here in Lincoln.

Cannot see how our full backs will cope, Dixon is probably the worst passer of a ball I have ever seen play for town, our midfield two are certainly not physically strong enough or quick enough to take control and Dembele is a pasenge at present and should have been given that rest we thought he was to receive.

Think we need DJ and Big Tom in wide positions with Matt and Jones to give us some pace and power, with Rose playing alongside, Berrett & Summerfield. At the back I would probably look at playing a back three with Osbourne recalled to give us a bit of pace and more aerial power to combat their aerial strength.

Will not hold my breath & will attend more in hope then anticipation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 79
hheh2
September 27, 2017, 12:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Dembele had a good chance should have put away

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 79
Mendonca1995
September 27, 2017, 6:29am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Hagrid
Not good. 2 poor teams but i think we created enough to win the game, demebel wasting a great chance 1st half and us only really showing up last ten of each half. High levels of frustration in the stands, their 1st was it a keeper error? And the 2nd i couldnt see. DJ MUST start, really impressive cameo, attacks the full backs and dont know why he isnt starting at the moment. Only positive i can take is we fought back twice for a point albeit against a poor side. Summerfield had a good game as did matt and Jones who did well when they came on, gave us another dimension. Dixons distribution is woeful, we arent bad enough to go down and are not good enough to challenge the top. Hope we turn up saturday and really give the gimps a game
SUMMERFIELD HAD A GOOD GAME WERE WAS YOU TONIGHT HE WAS AWFUL AND IS AWFUL i

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 79
Cloudy
September 27, 2017, 6:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Mendonca1995

I was there and thought Summerfield was the only one who tried to thread passes forward to our players whether in to feet of strikers or into space for Dembele. He won more challenges than the other 3 midfielders combined.

Easily in the top 3 Town players on the night
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 79
Ahh Sole
September 27, 2017, 6:50am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
Quoted from Maringer
Sorry to go against the prevailing narrative, but I don't think we were nearly as bad as most seem to think. In fact, I'm wondering if there is some sort of mass hysteria going on here because I don't recall people in the stand around me moaning anything like as much as I'm seeing here.

Most of the people round me were moaning until they fell asleep.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 79
HackneyHaddock
September 27, 2017, 7:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Even in the worst games this season, you can find odd moments where the team get the ball on the ground and pass it, and look better.

Can anyone with a bit more football knowledge than me tell me why Slade/they are so reluctant to get the ball on the ground and pass it to feet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 79
Hagrid
September 27, 2017, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Was you there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 79
Garth
September 27, 2017, 7:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Mendonca1995

YOU NEED GLASSES, HE WAS THE BEST MIDFIELDER BY FAR, give credit where its due
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 79
1mickylyons
September 27, 2017, 7:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Cloudy
Was their first deflected or did it literally go straight through McKeown?

Equaliser a real route one but their tall centre back defended appallingly to firstly watch the ball go over his head then to bthe easily brushed aside by Hooper.  Dembele missed a sitter with the goal gaping but again that came about as a result of a lofted cross

Very foggy for their 2nd but it looked like the bat bit of football all game and a great finish.

Had a bit of pressure near the end and their gamesmanship was finally punished when Matt was hauled back although he still should have scored.

I don't think their are any good sides in this division but I still can't see us making a serious assault on the top of the table. Equally that no we will not be under serious threat of relegation.

The football is awful and I will not be busting a gut to go and watch for the time being

The 2nd Colchester goal came because 2 Town players never got a tackle in think it was Berret and Davies?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 79
Mariner93er
September 27, 2017, 7:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Summerfield may have been our best player, but let's be honest, that isn't saying much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.