Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Just back and a bit more..

This thread currently has 11,616 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
September 26, 2017, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Crap.

Sorry but just crap , I just see a team who will avoid relegation and a club who will be dwindling on 3k gates as that's what John fenty deserves.

There is nowt about us and this was as bad as football gets , the fog luckily made it harder to see the hoofball on display.

I blame the players to a certain extent but I blame the manager more tonight , we lost last week so we drop Sam Jones and stick with the Care home defenders that seem to be never up for changing around .

The young lad from Norwich did more tonight and last week in 15 mins than Woodford did in 165 minutes .

I just can't see what our aim is and if we really want to do anything as I'm sorry Russell but your ten year old tactics don't show anything Marcus bignot did or couldn't do , you are as inconsistent as him and the only difference is you have learned all you can and he was still learning.

John promised us a real assault  on the league a real good go and he got his man to take us to the next level but I'm afraid as were many when you did this that Russel slades ship sailed about 5 clubs ago and he is not the answer to whatever it is you are trying to do.  .

I even left my Lincoln tickets tonight as I just cannot be arsed.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikey_345
September 26, 2017, 10:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Dreadful game, thing is we seem to look half decent when we get the ball down and play. But we just don't seem to want to do that.

Team that finished has to start Saturday.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 79
Hagrid
September 26, 2017, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
Not good. 2 poor teams but i think we created enough to win the game, demebel wasting a great chance 1st half and us only really showing up last ten of each half. High levels of frustration in the stands, their 1st was it a keeper error? And the 2nd i couldnt see. DJ MUST start, really impressive cameo, attacks the full backs and dont know why he isnt starting at the moment. Only positive i can take is we fought back twice for a point albeit against a poor side. Summerfield had a good game as did matt and Jones who did well when they came on, gave us another dimension. Dixons distribution is woeful, we arent bad enough to go down and are not good enough to challenge the top. Hope we turn up saturday and really give the gimps a game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
crusty ole pie
September 26, 2017, 10:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Bloody awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
Cloudy
September 26, 2017, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Was their first deflected or did it literally go straight through McKeown?

Equaliser a real route one but their tall centre back defended appallingly to firstly watch the ball go over his head then to bthe easily brushed aside by Hooper.  Dembele missed a sitter with the goal gaping but again that came about as a result of a lofted cross

Very foggy for their 2nd but it looked like the bat bit of football all game and a great finish.

Had a bit of pressure near the end and their gamesmanship was finally punished when Matt was hauled back although he still should have scored.

I don't think their are any good sides in this division but I still can't see us making a serious assault on the top of the table. Equally that no we will not be under serious threat of relegation.

The football is awful and I will not be busting a gut to go and watch for the time being
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
Ahh Sole
September 26, 2017, 10:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +411
We are what we deserve to be. Poor tactics, poor leadership from the top down and we got very lucky tonight. Enough said - no-one deserves MoM, we were that bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
Tradjazz
September 26, 2017, 10:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Will do no good with an engine room (midfield) who saw York relegated out of the league. It's like trying to win a Formula One Grand Prix with a Nissan Micra.
So frustrating. Surely we are better than this!!!!!!!!

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 79
gobby
September 26, 2017, 10:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
Time to change the zimmer frame brigade. Any decent side would have ran us ragged, Jones, Matt and DJ altered things and helped us rob a point off a shite team.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
barralad
September 26, 2017, 10:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Tradjazz
Will do no good with an engine room (midfield) who saw York relegated out of the league. It's like trying to win a Formula One Grand Prix with a Nissan Micra.
So frustrating. Surely we are better than this!!!!!!!!

I couldn't go tonight due to illness but have spoken to three people who did who independently said that Summerfield was our best player. How did he play in your view?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
Hagrid
September 26, 2017, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from barralad

I couldn't go tonight due to illness but have spoken to three people who did who independently said that Summerfield was our best player. How did he play in your view?

Only one who got his foot on the ball and got us moving forward. But the rest were bloody awful so it doesnt say much. Collins somehow got the sponsors MOM but ive long since given up on wondering how they choose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back and a bit more..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.