sam gy
September 6, 2017, 7:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
I think all the hatred of Lincoln coming through shows our jealousy at the moment, because they are a club on the up, and we are sliding down again.  

Isn't it a bit early to be branding them a team on the up, and us on the down? They had a good season in the conference, sure. But Jesus, we're 5 games in and we have exactly the same amount of points as them!

Why all the negativity? Are Lincoln fans now saying they're a team on the down because they only have 6 points? I wouldn't have thought so!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
towncryer
September 6, 2017, 9:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from sam gy

Isn't it a bit early to be branding them a team on the up, and us on the down? They had a good season in the conference, sure. But Jesus, we're 5 games in and we have exactly the same amount of points as them!

Why all the negativity? Are Lincoln fans now saying they're a team on the down because they only have 6 points? I wouldn't have thought so!

I think your problem was the way you were playing and the fact you were getting someone sent off every week!
Yeah it's still very early in the season and some teams have had tougher opening fixtures than others . We have had no criticism of our performances,  yeah we would like more points but as of the Luton game last Saturday if you or anybody finishes above them you will get automatic promotion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
Fat Cobra
September 6, 2017, 9:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from towncryer

I think your problem was the way you were playing and the fact you were getting someone sent off every week!
Yeah it's still very early in the season and some teams have had tougher opening fixtures than others . We have had no criticism of our performances,  yeah we would like more points but as of the Luton game last Saturday if you or anybody finishes above them you will get automatic promotion.

You have no idea what my problem is, I'll tell you what yours is though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
towncryer
September 7, 2017, 10:20am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from Fat Cobra

You have no idea what my problem is, I'll tell you what yours is though...

Go on then.........

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
Bigdog
September 7, 2017, 7:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from sam gy

To be fair to Codfather he said club not team, and in that respect he is totally right.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either being fiercely loyal or just turning a blind eye to the truth.

6000+ season tickets v 3000 season tickets
9000 home fans first home game v 5000 home fans first home game
Home gates rising v Home gates falling
Fresh investment and new ideas v No investment and no new ideas
Manager on the way up v Manager on the way down
Away support increasing v Away support decreasing
Confidence v Self doubt
Hope v Apathy

We are sleepwalking as a club now we've got our league status back. We've had no new significant investment for well over a decade, that cheque book is now empty, and have lost our way. We can all hope for three points from Saturday to Saturday, but there's a bigger longer term picture out there, and it ain't that pretty for us. Wish it was, but it plainly just isn't..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
louth_in_the_south
September 7, 2017, 7:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Now where did I put that length of rope ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
Bigdog
September 7, 2017, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Now where did I put that length of rope ?

I find the continual acceptance by some fans of the dross served up by this club, on and off the pitch, for the past twenty years far more depressing than trying to speak out about it and wanting change for a brighter, more hopeful and inspiring future..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Mariner93er
September 7, 2017, 8:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
You're supporting a football team, you accept the dross as a part of the package.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
Marinerz93
September 7, 2017, 8:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mariner93er
You're supporting a football team, you accept the dross as a part of the package.

Not when you are told this is an ambitious club and the manager was hired to get us too the next level, league 1.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
louth_in_the_south
September 7, 2017, 9:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Yeah I want the chairman to tell us the managers been hired to keep us in the lower reaches of L2

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.