This thread currently has 13,799 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Impish2
August 29, 2017, 9:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Jaws
I see Lincoln fans didn't get or were unable to read the memo about the checkatrade boycott and still took 800 away to Mansfield.

A few calling Mansfields ground a excrement hole on social media. Clearly didn't travel away in the conference....

898 to be precise. Wouldn't have minded if we lost, though it's always nice putting one over on the cheating Scottish tubster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
ginnywings
August 29, 2017, 10:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
More Imps with tales of their massive following. Who'd have Thunk it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
Impish2
August 29, 2017, 10:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Nope, I don't agree with the comp, it's up to individuals if they want to bother. Prize money helps but other than that, best off concentrating on the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
gary_elton
August 29, 2017, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Once upon a time the fishy folk managed to get by on
Town matters, and yet every day or two there is a new
thread on our six fingered bumpkin neighbours from
down the road... haven't we got enough to concern
ourselves  ??

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
RichMariner
August 29, 2017, 10:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and we live in a free country, so if someone wants to pay to watch their local football club then they don't need permission from anyone else.

However.

To me - and to most football fans, it seems - the reasons why we're boycotting this competition are clear. While I can't tell someone else what to do, I'm sure as hell free to feel let down by their actions.

And I'm free to express that opinion too.

Anyone who pays to watch a football match in this competition is supporting the long-term goal of the EFL, which is to include B teams in our football league structure.

It's another initiative that only benefits the Premier League teams, and it's another example of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

As soon as Shaun Harvey and the EFL realise that the fans will reject this competition while it continues to include under-23 teams, they'll realise it won't be so easy to push through future initiatives like, say, Chelsea B, Liverpool B and Man City B in Leagues 1 & 2.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
towncryer
August 30, 2017, 7:26am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from gary_elton
Once upon a time the fishy folk managed to get by on
Town matters, and yet every day or two there is a new
thread on our six fingered bumpkin neighbours from
down the road... haven't we got enough to concern
ourselves  ??

Yeah but come on Gary. If it wasn't for us gimps on here providing you with bit of entertainment half of you lot would of been off the end of the pier already......๐Ÿ˜ƒ
And for what its worth i didn't go last night and don't believe in the competition. None of the 617 lads attended either and are totally boycotting all games in this competition. 898 is an incredible turnout though and it's every fans own choice  but that is the momentum we have at the minute.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
towncryer
August 30, 2017, 7:47am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -570
Quoted from Jaws
I see Lincoln fans didn't get or were unable to read the memo about the checkatrade boycott and still took 800 away to Mansfield.

A few calling Mansfields ground a excrement hole on social media. Clearly didn't travel away in the conference....

Can't you put the actual quotes up please on who was calling Mansfields ground a sh!t hole. Been there many times and think it is a decent set up.  I think if anything they were saying about that old stand down one side which is now totally boarded up . That's been like that for years and I can't understand why they have never sorted it out. Even if they put a small terrace down that side it would make the ground look much better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
Garth
August 30, 2017, 8:54am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
We are a bitter and twisted lot this season snapping at each others throats as well as other teams supporters  

For Christ sake Russ give us a win, I never went last night for reasons mentioned. but one hundred percent agree with the view that its everyone`s right to do as they please.

I am liking the look of the new signing which could be a turning point for us and a fresh start to the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
KingstonMariner
August 30, 2017, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from towncryer

Yeah but come on Gary. If it wasn't for us gimps on here providing you with bit of entertainment half of you lot would of been off the end of the pier already......๐Ÿ˜ƒ
And for what its worth i didn't go last night and don't believe in the competition. None of the 617 lads attended either and are totally boycotting all games in this competition. 898 is an incredible turnout though and it's every fans own choice  but that is the momentum we have at the minute.

That's one number I'm proud you beat us on. I mean come on, I'd be embarrassed if we took that many to a Checkatwat game. Aren't you?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
Marinerz93
August 30, 2017, 10:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Lincoln and Scunny know that most teams are acting to save football but they see it as a chance to either get to the final or play one of the Premier B teams, so they can cash in again when they bring out special mugs about how they played them.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesusโ€™ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.