Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 331 Guests

Not surprised at all.........

This thread currently has 11,845 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2017, 2:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09
Andrew is a loss but we wanted to keep him and was clearly far too good for this level and Clarke doesn't look a sutiable replacement for Pearson.

Strange how your assessment of Danny Andrew has changed!
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
Mariner_09
August 22, 2017, 2:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Yes, I admit that he was better than I first assessed. Would have him over Dixon any day

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
August 22, 2017, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mariner_09
Yes, I admit that he was better than I first assessed. Would have him over Dixon any day

Give Dixon chance to settle in. He looked good at Chesterfield but obviously we have got 4th division full backs so it is no good expecting miracles.  
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
cannylad68
August 22, 2017, 4:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I'm not so sure location is the problem.

I'm going back a few years, but good players came here who were not cast offs.
I'm convinced that decent offers to these sort of players would get them here.

It's obvious to me that the current board are not ambitious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2017, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from cannylad68
I'm not so sure location is the problem.

I'm going back a few years, but good players came here who were not cast offs.
I'm convinced that decent offers to these sort of players would get them here.

It's obvious to me that the current board are not ambitious.

I'm told location is a problem - I don't necessarily see it either. I don't think the board lack ambition, I think that the board don't want to increase the club's debt by increasing the playing budget. Whether you agree or disagree is your choice.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
MarinerRob
August 22, 2017, 6:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm told location is a problem - I don't necessarily see it either. I don't think the board lack ambition, I think that the board don't want to increase the club's debt by increasing the playing budget. Whether you agree or disagree is your choice.

I think as much as we want to have better players it's important that we live within our means. That's the problem the country has with the National Debt going up month after month which in itself means more interest to pay so less money to spend without borrowing more - and then again and again increasing the debt and interest to pay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
sonofmadeleymariner
August 22, 2017, 7:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
We can moan about players all day, we were warned about Kelly and Hooper but the happy clappers weren't willing to listen. But Slade is the issue.

I wasn't happy when Slade was appointed, I just thought back to the hoof ball, his near suicide of our promotion push in the 2nd half of the season with his insistance to play his  Christmas signing. But then I was willing to give him a chance, first time round we were his 1st League club he then went on to manage some big name clubs. Maybe his tactics had changed, maybe he had learn't something managing in the Championship, his contacts had to of gotten better.

Sadley no. We have returned to hoof football this time to a loan striker who except for in the first half of the Chesterfield match has had zero support (not that it would of mattered at all with Hooper up front), or to our tiny pacey winger who is just muscled out of postion or beaten to the header (No real fault of Demebeles). Its simple, if he wants to persist with hoof ball he needs to play 2 up top. If he wants to play with 1 up front then he needs to play the ball on the deck and pass it round quickly either playing it to foot or into space for our wippet winger to run onto.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
arryarryarry
August 23, 2017, 12:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 123614
People need to realise that Disley and Pearson are not Town players now.  It's pointless bringing them up on almost every post, they were both only wanted by non-league clubs and that's where they chose to go.  Three games in and 'doom and gloom' already, typical of some Fishy posters!

I have no problem with a new manager coming in and making his choice of the players he wants to keep and those he doesn't want, the point is if said manager releases players and then replaces them with players that are not as good.

That will be what sees RS either make a go of it here or JF sees that it isn't working then it is bye bye Sladey.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
chaos33
August 23, 2017, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Mariner_09
Andrew is a loss but we wanted to keep him and was clearly far too good for this level and Clarke doesn't look a sutiable replacement for Pearson.

Clarke has made some errors, but he has played hundreds of games at a higher level than Pearson will ever play. I loved Shaun Pearson, but Clarke is a class above his level, even if he isn't showing that in some respects. Meanwhile, Pearson is playing for a middling conference team in the prime of his career.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
Cloudy
August 24, 2017, 11:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
We can moan about players all day, we were warned about Kelly and Hooper but the happy clappers weren't willing to listen. But Slade is the issue.

I wasn't happy when Slade was appointed, I just thought back to the hoof ball, his near suicide of our promotion push in the 2nd half of the season with his insistance to play his  Christmas signing. But then I was willing to give him a chance, first time round we were his 1st League club he then went on to manage some big name clubs. Maybe his tactics had changed, maybe he had learn't something managing in the Championship, his contacts had to of gotten better.

Sadley no. We have returned to hoof football this time to a loan striker who except for in the first half of the Chesterfield match has had zero support (not that it would of mattered at all with Hooper up front), or to our tiny pacey winger who is just muscled out of postion or beaten to the header (No real fault of Demebeles). Its simple, if he wants to persist with hoof ball he needs to play 2 up top. If he wants to play with 1 up front then he needs to play the ball on the deck and pass it round quickly either playing it to foot or into space for our wippet winger to run onto.

Thought we played some decent football on Tuesday night and certainly didnt recognise the permanent hoofball  that some wish to pin on us. Still if it suits your agenda keep peddling!!
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.