Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Not surprised at all.........

This thread currently has 11,782 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
August 20, 2017, 7:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Several of our players signed for us after successful trials, you got to wonder why they didn't find a club before the need to come on trial? You can get the odd trialist who come good players but signing several of them after trials is quite concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 71
Mrs Doyle
August 20, 2017, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Something is not right with Jones and we all know what it is surely Wilco can see he is a out and out striker similar to himself.

If so keep banging it home to Slade we have players that are more suitable and capable wide who have pace and skill to get around the back of defences but Jones is so wasted in that role.

Yeah Jones as not done himself any favours getting red carded but unless you want a team of frustrated resentful players you need to start to build a team spirit and stop playing players out of position.

I really hope we don't see a repeat of the last time Slade was here against Lincoln when the half time talk was out on the pitch to the amusement of the imp fans but carry on in this vain and it's coming.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 71
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 20, 2017, 8:09am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Look at Mansfield who signed loads of players early doors for fees ect. They have 1 more point than us, the thing is it's early doors and while the last two performances have been shite it's not just us who have underperformed.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 71
MuddyWaters
August 20, 2017, 8:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Look at Mansfield who signed loads of players early doors for fees ect. They have 1 more point than us, the thing is it's early doors and while the last two performances have been shite it's not just us who have underperformed.

I don't give a shite about Mansfield. I give a shite about signing journeyman triallists who don't seem to give a shite about us.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 71
Quagmire
August 20, 2017, 8:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

Have we underperformed or have we merely performed to the standard / ability / level of the players signed in the summer?

No side who claim to be targeting a top 7 finish sign a genuine / quality number 9 a week into the season after a trial who is described, to a man on the forums of his previous club, as lazy and a waste of space.

We seem to have only signed 3 players that we targeted in the summer, the rest are the waifs and strays that no other teams want to take a punt on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 71
Grim74
August 20, 2017, 8:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
The problem is the dregs that the Codfather mentions is our level unfortunately based mainly on location and budget, we have always relied upon finding the best mananager to get the best out of them, but this is no excuse for yesterday's performance based on the reports, they are still professionals at the end of the day.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 71
golfer
August 20, 2017, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Davec
Several of our players signed for us after successful trials, you got to wonder why they didn't find a club before the need to come on trial? You can get the odd trialist who come good players but signing several of them after trials is quite concerning.

Don't we have a scouting system -don't we know what other players are like-you can watch past games off the internet to see if there are any good players about.  Trials used to be for up and coming youngsters not for journeymen How can you see if a 30 year old is any good from a trial . Nearly all Slades signings are trialists or from his past where they were perhaps ok.  Get the bike out and get scouting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 71
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 20, 2017, 9:24am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't give a shite about Mansfield. I give a shite about signing journeyman triallists who don't seem to give a shite about us.

I don't care for any club except gtfc, and I agree with not signing journeyman. Trust me it drunk me of and frustrates the intercourse out of me when I see them not trying. I was just giving an example that it was early days yet and while it isn't the best start we need to stick together. The players that don't want to be here or don't try will soon feel the mariners fans on there backs.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 71
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 20, 2017, 9:27am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

Have we underperformed or have we merely performed to the standard / ability / level of the players signed in the summer?

No side who claim to be targeting a top 7 finish sign a genuine / quality number 9 a week into the season after a trial who is described, to a man on the forums of his previous club, as lazy and a waste of space.

We seem to have only signed 3 players that we targeted in the summer, the rest are the waifs and strays that no other teams want to take a punt on.

We have signed some good players in dembele and rose in my opinion, Kelly, hopper and dixon not too sure of I would of only gave these 1 year deals anyway instead of 2. Let's not forget we are missing asante up top as well as Clements and Osbourne who I think will be in the starting 11 as well as McAllister.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 71
rancido
August 20, 2017, 10:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Exactly - and these are SLADE'S signings and I've seen very little that gives me much confidence for the future. Slade allowed dedicated ( but in his eyes inferior players) to leave and they have been replaced by nothing better and lacking any loyalty to the club. For all his faults MB saw the limitations of Summerfield and sent him out on loan and the best he could attract was non-league Macclesfield. Slade obviously rates him and one wonders why?
Slade trains the team, he picks the players he needs for a game and he tells them how he wants them to play. The buck stops with him. I've always been an exponent of the belief that when the players step onto the pitch then it is down o them. But they do need to be capable,have a proper game plan and be played in their correct positions.  After yesterday debacle he thinks they have all been " very naughty boys " and he wants them in for detention today! I wonder how long it  will take until we reach the situation , in true schoolteacher fashion, that he isn't happy after the first half and keeps the players on the pitch in their " playtime".
This is getting too much like AB Mk3 and that is in know way being disrespectful to Sir Alan. He was the most successful manager I have ever witnessed at BP with 4 promotions and a cup win under his belt. When he returned for the third time the game seemed to have passed him by and although I don't think he would have got us relegated , I don't think he would have got us to progress much either. RS hasn't even had those kind of successes under his belt and I certainly wouldn't put money on us avoiding relegation under his tenure. Unfortunately JF has dug a difficult hole for himself by sacking MB and getting RS in straight away. He will have to give RS until at least Christmas and appraise the situation then but we could be in for a long ,frustrating season and certainly a nervous period until we have achieved that magical figure of 50 points.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.