Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Not surprised at all.........

This thread currently has 11,839 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
August 19, 2017, 9:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
by the last couple of performances by Town.  The reality is that we did not strengthen our team at all in the summer months, all we did was bide our time to see which dregs were still floating about without a club, and then offered them a deal, predominantly because no other clubs came in for them.  You certainly get what you pay for in players and managers alike, and a season of consolidation / survival awaits us.  Very early days , and I certainly back the managers fully, I somehow don't so much blame the management team, as much as the Board by the complete lack of backing the managers seem to have had in the transfer market.  That said, Slade does need to get some better style of play going in the next few games if possible.  We have relatively poor players at the club now, one thing is for sure, they all need to give 100% every game, because what they clearly lack in ability, they need to make up for in effort.  A long season ahead, and a tough one me thinks.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
August 19, 2017, 10:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
by the last couple of performances by Town.  The reality is that we did not strengthen our team at all in the summer months, all we did was bide our time to see which dregs were still floating about without a club, and then offered them a deal, predominantly because no other clubs came in for them.  You certainly get what you pay for in players and managers alike, and a season of consolidation / survival awaits us.  Very early days , and I certainly back the managers fully, I somehow don't so much blame the management team, as much as the Board by the complete lack of backing the managers seem to have had in the transfer market.  That said, Slade does need to get some better style of play going in the next few games if possible.  We have relatively poor players at the club now, one thing is for sure, they all need to give 100% every game, because what they clearly lack in ability, they need to make up for in effort.  A long season ahead, and a tough one me thinks.

UTM

Shame they didn't give 100% today.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2017, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TheCodfather1966

UTM

The board appear to have short-changed the manager. God forbid we get involved in another relegation situation as I don't see the fans forgiving the club another stint in the National League.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
TheCodfather1966
August 19, 2017, 11:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
I totally agree, our support is amazing and 100% loyal, but if we do have a season of bobbing about near the bottom of the table our support will suffer badly at home, and I too don,t think we could survive another spell in the non-league whilst still being a full time professional club.  We need some new blood on the Board that is more forward thinking, sadly there are not many people out there to take the step.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
Swansea_Mariner
August 19, 2017, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I honestly don't think he's been short changed, he signed 10 new players and got all the backroom staff the last two managers were practically begging for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2017, 11:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I honestly don't think he's been short changed, he signed 10 new players and got all the backroom staff the last two managers were practically begging for.

He could sign 100 new players but beyond Dembele, do you see anyone that has improved us? Clarke & Dixon are worse than Pearson & Andrew, Kelly is worse than Berrett & Summerfield, Hooper is worse than Yussuf.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
livosnose
August 19, 2017, 11:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Think Dixon could come good although no Danny Andrew . Clarke is total dog crap

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
Swansea_Mariner
August 20, 2017, 12:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He could sign 100 new players but beyond Dembele, do you see anyone that has improved us? Clarke & Dixon are worse than Pearson & Andrew, Kelly is worse than Berrett & Summerfield, Hooper is worse than Yussuf.

I don't think he has improved the squad, but the manager signs the players not the board so how exactly does that mean he's been short changed. Slade decided he wanted Hooper rather than Yussef, Slade decided he wanted Rose rather than Disley etc.

I don't imagine Clarke, Hooper, Kelly or Dixon were bargain bucket wage wise either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
arryarryarry
August 20, 2017, 1:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from livosnose
Think Dixon could come good although no Danny Andrew . Clarke is total dog crap

I hope Dixon can come good but that is 2 games where he has looked cack.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
jonnyboy82
August 20, 2017, 7:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Totally agree, today showed you how much gambling on trialists and signing some have to say very poor players works out in an away trip to a half decent league two team and how no commitment no passion and limited football ability is the end product of our summer recruitment.

Was this season meant to be our big push on this league ? If that excrement today was just that then god help us.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not surprised at all.........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.