Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big Job For Slade In The Summer?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

Big Job For Slade In The Summer?

This thread currently has 10,243 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 2, 2017, 12:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings

I'd put myself in that category but the timing of the release won't make a difference to me. Neither will any promotion or incentives.

But if the buy this season for next season discount was maybe 50 quid...and announcing that next season on the day sales will rise by 1 quid per game...  ??

That way the club get monies in early, allowing a better prepared forecast of income, giving a clearer budget for the manager to work with starting Saturday evening, which may just help capture some early exciting signings...which in turn may boost more sales...which raises talk around the town...

or....
Hi its July...you must be missing football by now and because you have always bought a ticket then buy another one and because you are so loyally blind to the fact we failed to win over half of our games that you are paying up front to watch, it wont bother you that we will charge the same or potentially increase the price.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
ginnywings
May 2, 2017, 1:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

But if the buy this season for next season discount was maybe 50 quid...and announcing that next season on the day sales will rise by 1 quid per game...  ??

That way the club get monies in early, allowing a better prepared forecast of income, giving a clearer budget for the manager to work with starting Saturday evening, which may just help capture some early exciting signings...which in turn may boost more sales...which raises talk around the town...

or....
Hi its July...you must be missing football by now and because you have always bought a ticket then buy another one and because you are so loyally blind to the fact we failed to win over half of our games that you are paying up front to watch, it wont bother you that we will charge the same or potentially increase the price.  

That's a fair assessment but it makes no odds to me personally, though i can see it may do to others. What's better for the club:- me buying a discounted season ticket for say £250, or me paying on the day over the season and the club receiving over £400? I'll go to 90% or more of the games anyway. Maybe the club ought to concentrate on getting things right on the pitch, then the rest will fall into place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
SteffiMariner
May 2, 2017, 4:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Cloudy

I'd guess that any early income from season tickets would show in this years accounts ( Year end 31st May).

That income could increase our profit and potentially mean we have a tax bill that the ex Weaver Wroot grey man will advise against??

If the income relates to the next financial year, then it would be accrued and not count in this years accounts as in essence it's a payment in advance. Or so I am led to believe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
Cloudy
May 2, 2017, 5:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Just because we are GTFC does not mean that we should had the biggest budget while in the non league, during that period, there were other league clubs  (Luton, Wrexham, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and Lincoln) trying to achieve the same goal.  Then you have the non league clubs being bank rolled (Crawley, Fleetwood, Forest Green, Eastleigh, Barrow) chasing the dream of league football.  The non-league is the hardest league to gain promotion with only 2 clubs being promoted.

We would have had a competitive budget this season, not the biggest nor the smallest.  We need to re-establish ourselves, which we have achieved this season, job done.

Mr Fenty is like Marmite you either love or hate him, but John is a GTFC fan like us. I like someone said on here the other day, with all the going ons at other cluabs (Leyton Orient, Blackpool, Charlton, Blackburn, Cardiff, Coventry, Forest etc) at the moment, you appreciate John a bit more.

Chasing the dream, but at what cost, I know which I prefer.

Looking forward to next season already, why because I have black and white running my through veins.

There is that but then you look at Burton, Fleetwood, Southend, Rochdale etc and wonder what might have been. I would never advocate outlandish spending but long term plans and growth targets are part of proper management and leadership
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
Grantley
May 2, 2017, 5:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Fleetwood are a bad example; they have a lot of money.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
MuddyWaters
May 2, 2017, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Mr Fenty is like Marmite you either love or hate him, but John is a GTFC fan like us. I like someone said on here the other day, with all the going ons at other clubs (Leyton Orient, Blackpool, Charlton, Blackburn, Cardiff, Coventry, Forest etc) at the moment, you appreciate John a bit more.

Chasing the dream, but at what cost, I know which I prefer.

Looking forward to next season already, why because I have black and white running my through veins.

Well, as Marmite makes my gout flare up....
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
Cloudy
May 2, 2017, 5:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grantley
Fleetwood are a bad example; they have a lot of money.

It invested in players AND infrastructure. Now got a very clear development plan taking on youngsters released from the big NW clubs and giving them an opportunity. They spent initially to get them into the league but not buying players now.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Big Job For Slade In The Summer?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.