Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 57 Guests

It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

This thread currently has 9,681 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerRob
February 26, 2017, 11:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
After yesterday's uninspired performance and LOSS I've decided I will take a break from watching Town play. (for a while at least) And this will be music to some people's ears as I have become a bit of a Jonah. Because in the 19 games I've seen this season Town has lost 13, there were two draws and only 4 wins. In those 19 games I only saw two good wins and that was at home to Stevenage and away at Plymouth. Rubbish games about 10 leaving just 7 as adequate.

To follow Town at home I've spent 14 hours on a Saturday and when you get these uninspiring or rubbish performances it makes the 6 hour trip home horrible. I followed Town down to Plymouth, Exeter, Bolton, Crewe and Morecambe so the miles I've travelled runs into many 1000's. I'm sure that if I lived in Cleethorpes then 3 hours out of the day would make it a little easier but 14 hours!! is getting too much.

I will still follow Town, as I have since the days of Charlie Wright as a school kid, I will still listen on the radio and - most likely - will be back later in the season. My actions won't cost Town anything as I bought a season ticket this season so I can support Town a little financially. At the away games Town don't get anything anyway.

I can see Town have some exciting and skilful players and I still believe that Marcus will come good. He needs to find his feet in this division and to find the best system for HIS players. This will take time. And by taking a break I will miss some of the better performances, such as Luton and Mansfield so I believe. Hopefully the players will gell sooner rather than later and Town will progress. I think it would harm Town if we did get promoted this season and we could plummet back down very quickly. To build in the remaining games this year a team would give us a great opportunity for next year. And I do remember where we have been for the past 6 years. I very happy to be called a Football League club again. UTM

ps.
These are the games I've been to:-
Morcambe 2-0 W
Wycombe 1-2 L
Leyton Orient 1-2 L
Stevenage 5-2 W
Crewe 0-2 L
Hartlepool 0-3 L
Exeter City 0-0 D
Cheltenham 0-1 L
Bolton 0-1 L
Barnet 2-2 D
Plymouth 3-0 W
Crawley 2-3 L
Portsmouth 0-1 L
Doncaster 0-1 L
Exeter City 0-3 L
Notts County 2-0 W
Stevenage 0-2 L
Crewe 0-5 L
Morcambe 0-1 L

4 wins, 2 draws, 13 lost
Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 26, 2017, 11:06am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I will go and support town whenever were excrement or good. It makes the good times better in my opinion.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 26, 2017, 11:10am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Thats not me having a dig or anything marinerRob.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Grantley
February 26, 2017, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
See you then.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
February 26, 2017, 11:14am
Guest User
Fair enough, I'm not looking forward to games much so I understand where you're coming from.
Reply: 4 - 64
LH
February 26, 2017, 11:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
I've missed very few home games since 2004 and can't remember a period in that time when I've been entertained and gone home happy after every game. That's lower league football.

Completely different travelling 3 miles to BP than the distance you do though I suppose. In the season we recorded our best ever away record I went to 7/8 away games and only saw us win once so I sort of see where you're coming from.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
louth_in_the_south
February 26, 2017, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -12
Approval: +5,531
Gold Stars: 94
See u next Saturday then when you've got ova it mate !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
Garth
February 26, 2017, 11:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Sort of see where he's coming from, can't do it myself and I'm looking fwd to Tuesday, but matches have got tedious lately must be a confidence thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
topuphere666
February 26, 2017, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
It's definitely a love hate relationship at the moment. Monday comes and the anticipation and excitement is there for Saturday 3pm. As the week goes on the excitement builds only to be left feeling quite deflated -more often than not recently - come 5pm.

I love watching Town and get to as many games as I can but it is soul destroying travelling a 100 mile round trip and spending around £50 to watch us get out battled and show a massive lack of desire.

We almost need this season to finish sooner rather than later and give MB the chance to get a good pre season with the squad. I don't expect wholesale changes this summer and will be surprised if there are. This should set us up for next year - if MB can motivate the players more than he can at the moment. I've seen more excitement in a care home when the bingo trolley is rolled out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
Mariner Ronnie
February 26, 2017, 12:45pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Even when we lost 3-0 to burton last game of the season that time, it never crossed my mind to quit seeing my team play. Though the fun of the game was a little beaten (as I mentioned in the "who I'd rather get relegated" thread) when we went to Cheltenham away last season, I remember saying to my dad that there was no point in going that day on the way home as there wasn't much of a game of football that night, and I think that most people who went to that game would probably agree with me. In the next few days I was over it. Still turn up home and away week in week out. UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.