Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 231 Guests

It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

This thread currently has 9,765 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
February 26, 2017, 12:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I say nearly every week I go "I'm not going again" but I'm there the following Saturday cheering the team on  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
Jaws
February 26, 2017, 12:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Can you please start following Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe in the mean-time.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
wigworld
February 26, 2017, 1:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I can understand where you're at, MarinerRob. My dad stopped watching Town in the '80's when Mick Lyons (or the board, depending who you believe) destroyed the team. He hasn't been to a game since.  

Hope we'll see you back soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 64
RichMariner
February 26, 2017, 1:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
Our last six defeats have all been to nil - and we've failed to score on 15 occasions this season (compared to our 13 clean sheets).

Defeats by their very nature are difficult to take, but in the majority of them - like Crewe (home and away), Exeter at home, Morecambe away, Stevenage away etc - there's been very little fight.

Then on the other hand we can go to places like Plymouth and Carlisle and win rather well. And last weekend's result was pretty good too.

We're a difficult team to support at the moment because you don't know whether you're going to get a good, all-round performance with goals and three points, or something completely and utterly dire like yesterday.

Sadly, at the moment we're seeing pretty poor performances. Even when we've picked up points, like at Newport, at home to Blackpool or even away at Hartlepool, we've not been convincing.

As someone who also thinks he may be a jinx (eight games this season, six defeats) I can totally understand why you would want to take a break and save money, but like so many others I'm drawn in like a moth to a flame and I'm already planning to come back for the Wycombe game next Sat!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
MarinerRob
February 26, 2017, 1:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted Text
Can you please start following Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe in the mean-time.
NEVER.

I will never stop supporting Town. I've followed them to hell and back and have no intention of changing.

I don't think I realised how much it would take to spend 12 hours on a train each Saturday. And the £100 each match day doesn't help.

Until this season, because I live in Surrey, only saw Town at away games within about 80 miles or so. I'm sure a little break will do me good and make me feel I can't stay away. Probably sooner than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
TAGG
February 26, 2017, 1:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
I see where your coming from especially with all the miles you travel(big respect)

I have once stopped watching Town and I only live around the corner from BP
I couldn't stand Mike Newalls football & the man anymore so missed his last 10 games in charge and this makes me dislike the bloke even more..

See ye back soon.. we all come back in the end UTM 😊

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
thevera
February 26, 2017, 1:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
I think you're fully justified in taking a breather Rob, you have certainly invested a fair amount of time into following Town this year and I have no doubt in many previous seasons also. Enjoy your break and hope to see you back at (the) BP very soon with renewed optimism.
As an aside I am very impressed by your loyalty in buying a season ticket living so far away and it got me thinking who is the Season ticket holder that lives the furthest away from BP? Any advance on Surrey?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Cloudy
February 26, 2017, 2:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I can totally understand the stance of Rob, I too are feeling very low about the no shows away from home especially.

I will continue to go to home games, I live locally and am a season ticket holder but I have always enjoyed away days, going to at least 75% of games away from BP, but for now at least I will save my money and stay at home.

This doesn't impact financially on Town but I am just so drunk off about regular no shows away from BP. ( yes I am aware I could well be missing th end to Plymouth or Carlisle)
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
jonnyboy82
February 26, 2017, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Grantley
See you then.

A well thought out knowledgeable comment.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
Grantley
February 26, 2017, 3:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

A well thought out knowledgeable comment.

Thanks!

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.