Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 348 Guests

It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

This thread currently has 9,772 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Skrill
February 26, 2017, 3:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
For me, I have university commitments so that makes it quite hard to get to some games. Although, living in Derby can be a blessing (good train connections and so forth) makes moving around the country easy (but expensive). Will be going to more home and away games once uni is over.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
TheCodfather1966
February 26, 2017, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Total respect Mariner Rob.  You are obviously a great Town fan, and the distance you travel is huge.  We have been pants lately as well.  Keep the faith.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
TheCodfather1966
February 26, 2017, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Total respect Mariner Rob.  You are obviously a great Town fan, and the distance you travel is huge.  We have been pants lately as well.  Keep the faith.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
Jaws
February 26, 2017, 4:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from MarinerRob
NEVER.

I will never stop supporting Town. I've followed them to hell and back and have no intention of changing.

I don't think I realised how much it would take to spend 12 hours on a train each Saturday. And the £100 each match day doesn't help.

Until this season, because I live in Surrey, only saw Town at away games within about 80 miles or so. I'm sure a little break will do me good and make me feel I can't stay away. Probably sooner than later.

I meant this so they have some of the bad form caused by your attendance  
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
A Brace Of Tees
February 26, 2017, 4:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Rob, I know how far you travel to see Town and you've proved to be a real trooper for many years...and I do understand where you're coming from.

During the last few years I've always felt it was an exciting prospect going to see Town away from home as we usually had a game plan and often surprised teams by taking all 3 points. Unfortunately, this so-called 'transition' that's been introduced during the last few months has seen that surprise quality completely destroyed - as evidenced by the chaotic, shambolic and tactically inept non-performances we're now seeing away from home.

I'm like you Rob in that I fervently hope that Marcus's ideas (whatever they may be, god help us) will start to bear fruit before this season is frittered away into uselessness, and we can all start enjoying away trips once more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
Mrs Doyle
February 26, 2017, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We have all felt this way I suspect but after suffering years in the abyss and seeing/hearing our fantastic fan base at some of these tinpot out posts, in your heart you know you can never quit for good.Like my other  hobby fishing sometimes I need a break but you just come back stronger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
grimsby pete
February 26, 2017, 4:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Stay away for a few games Rob and if we start winning keep staying away  

If we keep losing come back mate because you will know its not your fault. we are crap  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
moosey_club
February 26, 2017, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MarinerRob
After yesterday's uninspired performance and LOSS I've decided I will take a break from watching Town play. (for a while at least) And this will be music to some people's ears as I have become a bit of a Jonah. Because in the 19 games I've seen this season Town has lost 13, there were two draws and only 4 wins. In those 19 games I only saw two good wins and that was at home to Stevenage and away at Plymouth. Rubbish games about 10 leaving just 7 as adequate.

To follow Town at home I've spent 14 hours on a Saturday and when you get these uninspiring or rubbish performances it makes the 6 hour trip home horrible. I followed Town down to Plymouth, Exeter, Bolton, Crewe and Morecambe so the miles I've travelled runs into many 1000's. I'm sure that if I lived in Cleethorpes then 3 hours out of the day would make it a little easier but 14 hours!! is getting too much.

I will still follow Town, as I have since the days of Charlie Wright as a school kid, I will still listen on the radio and - most likely - will be back later in the season. My actions won't cost Town anything as I bought a season ticket this season so I can support Town a little financially. At the away games Town don't get anything anyway.

I can see Town have some exciting and skilful players and I still believe that Marcus will come good. He needs to find his feet in this division and to find the best system for HIS players. This will take time. And by taking a break I will miss some of the better performances, such as Luton and Mansfield so I believe. Hopefully the players will gell sooner rather than later and Town will progress. I think it would harm Town if we did get promoted this season and we could plummet back down very quickly. To build in the remaining games this year a team would give us a great opportunity for next year. And I do remember where we have been for the past 6 years. I very happy to be called a Football League club again. UTM

ps.
These are the games I've been to:-
Morcambe 2-0 W
Wycombe 1-2 L
Leyton Orient 1-2 L
Stevenage 5-2 W
Crewe 0-2 L
Hartlepool 0-3 L
Exeter City 0-0 D
Cheltenham 0-1 L
Bolton 0-1 L
Barnet 2-2 D
Plymouth 3-0 W
Crawley 2-3 L
Portsmouth 0-1 L
Doncaster 0-1 L
Exeter City 0-3 L
Notts County 2-0 W
Stevenage 0-2 L
Crewe 0-5 L
Morcambe 0-1 L

4 wins, 2 draws, 13 lost

That record is worse than Neil Woods'ssss !!!!
I cant blame you, the majority of the home games are dreary and disappointing....never mind your 6/7 hour journey ....the move to Peakes Parkway might prove to far for me unless something drastic happens to the home performances.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
OllieGTFC
February 26, 2017, 5:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
For the person who made this thread, you my friend is a glory hunter, if you can't support us when we lose then don't support us when we are winning, stay away and support your premier league teams

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
jaygy
February 26, 2017, 5:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from OllieGTFC
For the person who made this thread, you my friend is a glory hunter, if you can't support us when we lose then don't support us when we are winning, stay away and support your premier league teams

I don't know whether you are being serious or not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's Goodbye from me (at least for the moment)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.