MuddyWaters
January 25, 2017, 10:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I think most of us would say Vose is a gifted footballer and probably the most skilled player in the squad and one of the most skilled players we have had at BP for many years.

When not in possession he is almost a liability though and his work off the ball is lacking. For better or worse the modern game demands more than just being great with the ball at your feet. Some may call him a luxury player. As much as i like to see him play and lighten up the game with his ability i do think where he fits into our current team. He is the sort of player you have to build your team around not try to fit him into your team.

4-4-2  he doesnt do enough off the ball to play in the middle 2 and stuck out wide is a waste of his ability......he is not involved enough and offers no protection for your full back at all.

4-4-3 may be better suited but again he gets exposed when we dont have the ball.

For me his best position is in the 'hole' behind the centre forward but Town dont really play that way.

Its a shame as i fear he will never fulfill his potential.

If he was so good, why not? Or is it another example of application not matching talent? Sadly, he may only have himself to blame.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
chaos33
January 25, 2017, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I think most of us would say Vose is a gifted footballer and probably the most skilled player in the squad and one of the most skilled players we have had at BP for many years.

When not in possession he is almost a liability though and his work off the ball is lacking. For better or worse the modern game demands more than just being great with the ball at your feet. Some may call him a luxury player. As much as i like to see him play and lighten up the game with his ability i do think where he fits into our current team. He is the sort of player you have to build your team around not try to fit him into your team.

4-4-2  he doesnt do enough off the ball to play in the middle 2 and stuck out wide is a waste of his ability......he is not involved enough and offers no protection for your full back at all.

4-4-3 may be better suited but again he gets exposed when we dont have the ball.

For me his best position is in the 'hole' behind the centre forward but Town dont really play that way.

Its a shame as i fear he will never fulfill his potential.

i like the idea of 4-4-3 mate.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
HertsGTFC
January 25, 2017, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Pastandpresent
I believe if hurst had stayed he would have played more , from what I'm hearing MB ego is the biggest problem tells players there going to start and then changes it at the last minute at present we've put the playing budget up by 5k pw he's told certain players to find clubs with a week to go , [b]not saying it's a bad thing but harmony isn't the best at present

It never is during a period of change...........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
ginnywings
January 25, 2017, 10:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

i like the idea of 4-4-3 mate.  

Rush goalie. Henderson started as an outfield player.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
chaos33
January 25, 2017, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MB in the Tellywag

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.