6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 25, 2017, 10:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
i like vose, a lot, but unfortunately the managers we've had this season dont seem too, which means something isnt right, technically he is miles and miles above our midfield players, shame as he really does have talent, would hate for it to go to wate but what can you do?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Hertsmariner
January 25, 2017, 10:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Perhaps it just boils down to 'hunger'. Even the technically gifted need to have the appetite for relentless application to become outstanding players. And 'practice, practice, practice', is what delivers the technical ability to begin with. I find it impossible to understand how young players (isn't Vose only 23?) can expect to develop their full potential without relentless practice on the training ground. The work ethic can only come from within. I'm not sure that anyone can really teach that, though perhaps psychotherapy can tweak a mental switch. Perhaps both Vose and Jackson would benefit from that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
AussieMariner
January 25, 2017, 10:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
My gym has a sign saying 'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard' - a bit trite, but sort of sums it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
ginnywings
January 25, 2017, 11:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Vose clearly showed earlier in the season that he was the only player in the team who was a) comfortable on the ball b) unfazed when surrounded by opposition players as he had the skill to wriggle his way out of a situation and c) the only one capable of making an incisive pass.

He needs a manager who has the nous to understand him properly and not base their opinion solely on what he does in training. We've missed a great opportunity by not playing Vose regularly, particularly during the last few weeks when we had a midfield who probably all did well in training, but out on the pitch were utterly clueless and outclassed by the opposition.

I find these kinds of posts quite funny. If only they could see what you can see, if only they had the nous that you have, they would put Vose in every week in a number 10 role. So successive managers who have spent their whole lives in the professional game can't see that if only they would listen to the fans, they would realise the error of their ways?

There is a reason Vose drifts from club to club and drifts in and out of teams. The utterly clueless midfield that have been outclassed by the opposition in the last few weeks have taken 13 points from the last 6 games. That is promotion form. Can we just trust the judgement of those whose job it is to actually pick the best team they think will win games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
January 25, 2017, 11:16am
Guest User
I'm glad Scunny bought him.
Reply: 34 - 54
Paris Mariner
January 25, 2017, 12:22pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from ginnywings

I think it's fairly obvious that those 2 are not in his plans. Neither of them are our players anyway. Vose divides opinion and i think we know which side MB comes down on.

Maybe he sees Vose as an attacking midfielder as opposed to a striker?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 54
moosey_club
January 25, 2017, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Gold Stars: 226
MB stated to the press a few weeks ago now that Vose had the best chance of his career to impress a manager who is there for the players and  a manager who will support and develop his players....he did strongly hint that although Dom has the talent if he couldnt apply the other elements of the game then it would be hard for him to have a solid future in the game altogether as he was running out of chances.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
RichMariner
January 25, 2017, 12:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I've only been able to make a handful of home matches this season. In three of them - Crewe, Hartlepool and Cheltenham - Vose started and was totally anonymous.

In fact, he was subbed off in the 76th minute on all three occasions.

I don't doubt that he has talent, and I accept that he's been much better in matches I haven't been able to get to, but clearly we're not seeing what the managers have been seeing.

I hope someone like Gavin Gunning has a word with him - someone who knows what it's like to waste talent, but who's working hard to turn it around.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
Maringer
January 25, 2017, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,522
Gold Stars: 185
If Soccerbase is to be believed, Vose has made 12 starts and 4 sub appearances since he joined us. Just a couple of assists in this time isn't a great record for a supposedly creative player, though he did also bag a couple of goals early in the season.

It seems to be the case that he doesn't have a role in our team as it is set up at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Cloudy
January 25, 2017, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from chaos33

Or, to some extent, Scott Neilson, who just wasn't that bothered about being a pro despite his considerable talent.

I think Jonny makes a good point - I'd love to see him given a run of games (even if only as sub) in an advanced centre midfield position, but something is stopping Marcus from doing that. Mystery really.

Fans often suggest that this is where they want too see Vose played (myself included) BUT no manager seems to see him in that role. Even at Wrexham he was played wide left as he has primarily been here
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MB in the Tellywag

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.