6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
January 25, 2017, 1:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It never seems to amaze me that you can train all week for ninety minutes then on Saturday just stroll around.

In order to make good money from the game and give it your best you need to follow the example of Kevin Keegan who was not blessed with close ball control but worked very hard for ninety minutes for the team and was a success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
HertsGTFC
January 25, 2017, 1:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,929
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
i like vose, a lot, but unfortunately the managers we've had this season dont seem too, which means something isnt right, technically he is miles and miles above our midfield players, shame as he really does have talent, would hate for it to go to wate but what can you do?

The bit in bold is interesting as much as a talent a player is he needs players around him who can click with him by making runs into space, one two's and creating space by unselfish work etc.... I just wonder if our mid field has not (up until now been) been good/consistent enough or the strikers savvy enough for us to see the best of him?

Or maybe he's just a lazy fornicator with a bad attitude................ Probably not either but the speculation is filling time on a grey afternoon in January and before Saturday's game.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Davec
January 25, 2017, 2:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 42
Quite clearly Dominic Vose is very much technically gifted, his close ball control is excellent and that makes him very hard to disposses but he clearly lacks application and his attitude lets him down, as it does so many players.

Much have been made about the merits of playing him in the centre, but the fact of the matter is, most managers have played him out wide, and I believe Vose prefers it there, so would he be better suited playing in the centre? not necessarily so.

For all his technical ability he certainly does lack consistency, and he doesn't get as many goals or assists as he should, he got 10 in half a season for Wrexham in the conference last season, which seems decent enough for a wide player, but many of them were free kicks or penalties, yes I know they still count as goals, but take them away that makes his goals record from open play look average at best.

He's 23 now, 24 in November, and he's already played for nearly two dozen clubs, why is that? So many managers have tried and not been able to get the best out of him, and sadly time is running out for Vose to pull his finger out, if he does pull his finger out he will be a much better player, but will he pull his finger out? Sadly  I suspect not, it's a shame.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
Les Brechin
January 25, 2017, 2:25pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Davec
Quite clearly Dominic Vose is very much technically gifted, his close ball control is excellent and that makes him very hard to disposses but he clearly lacks application and his attitude lets him down, as it does so many players.

Much have been made about the merits of playing him in the centre, but the fact of the matter is, most managers have played him out wide, and I believe Vose prefers it there, so would he be better suited playing in the centre? not necessarily so.

For all his technical ability he certainly does lack consistency, and he doesn't get as many goals or assists as he should, he got 10 in half a season for Wrexham in the conference last season, which seems decent enough for a wide player, but many of them were free kicks or penalties, yes I know they still count as goals, but take them away that makes his goals record from open play look average at best.

He's 23 now, 24 in November, and he's already played for nearly two dozen clubs, why is that? So many managers have tried and not been able to get the best out of him, and sadly time is running out for Vose to pull his finger out, if he does pull his finger out he will be a much better player, but will he pull his finger out? Sadly  I suspect not, it's a shame.

Town are his 9th club according to Wiki, a few less than 24!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
Davec
January 25, 2017, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,446
Gold Stars: 42
Apologies les I was typing something else, about only scoring two goals this season but I decided to type about his clubs instead and I obviously forgot to take out the "two" I did mean to say nearly a dozen
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
moosey_club
January 25, 2017, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Davec
Apologies les I was typing something else, about only scoring two goals this season but I decided to type about his clubs instead and I obviously forgot to take out the "two" I did mean to say nearly a dozen

So ....9 is nearly a dozen now ?

If i asked... how wonder how big your man parts would be ?    

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
Pastandpresent
January 25, 2017, 5:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
I believe if hurst had stayed he would have played more , from what I'm hearing MB ego is the biggest problem tells players there going to start and then changes it at the last minute at present we've put the playing budget up by 5k pw he's told certain players to find clubs with a week to go , not saying it's a bad thing but harmony isn't the best at present
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
MuddyWaters
January 25, 2017, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Pastandpresent
I believe if hurst had stayed he would have played more , from what I'm hearing MB ego is the biggest problem tells players there going to start and then changes it at the last minute at present we've put the playing budget up by 5k pw he's told certain players to find clubs with a week to go , not saying it's a bad thing but harmony isn't the best at present

Well he wasn't likely to allow players to leave if he didn't get replacements in, particularly with the 3 young pros out on loan. And of course Hurst would have played Vose more - he wanted him last January and then signed him on a season long loan. F**k the squad harmony - if the manager feels that he needs to improve the squad then surely that's a good thing?
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
mariner91
January 25, 2017, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Pastandpresent

And yet our form is the best it's been all season. It'll be the players who aren't contributing to the form that are whinging and a lot of them won't be here for long so I can't say I'm that concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
BottesfordMariner
January 25, 2017, 9:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think most of us would say Vose is a gifted footballer and probably the most skilled player in the squad and one of the most skilled players we have had at BP for many years.

When not in possession he is almost a liability though and his work off the ball is lacking. For better or worse the modern game demands more than just being great with the ball at your feet. Some may call him a luxury player. As much as i like to see him play and lighten up the game with his ability i do think where he fits into our current team. He is the sort of player you have to build your team around not try to fit him into your team.

4-4-2  he doesnt do enough off the ball to play in the middle 2 and stuck out wide is a waste of his ability......he is not involved enough and offers no protection for your full back at all.

4-4-3 may be better suited but again he gets exposed when we dont have the ball.

For me his best position is in the 'hole' behind the centre forward but Town dont really play that way.

Its a shame as i fear he will never fulfill his potential.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MB in the Tellywag

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.