MarinerMal
January 19, 2017, 1:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
It's funny how most see Vose as a better player than Summerfield and would like to see him in a No10 role, yet both Hurst and Bignot gave way more game time to Summerfield and neither of them have tried Vose anywhere other than on the left. They are seeing something most fans are not.

Vose is better than Summerfield, technically and at the job for which some on here claim Summerfield is used for. That is creating opportunities. Summerfield does have a better engine which will always get you into Hurst side above technique and Bignot favours players who can press the opposition.

But for what we were discussing, about a creative attacking midfielder Vose has more ability than Summerfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
Hagrid
January 19, 2017, 1:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Davec
Agree with Mariner93er about Vose

Occasionally he is outstanding, but every other game he's just a steady 6.5, maybe touching a 7, not enough goals or assists for me.

because he isnt playing aaron! give him a run in the team and he will be our main man, there must be something behidn the scenes as to why he isnt getting a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
Garth
January 19, 2017, 1:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I have noticed that Vose in the last couple of matches has shown a more energetic purpose about his play, if he could win a tackle he would be a better all round player.
He is the most technical player we have,  and at times is too far ahead in his thinking and playing for the rest of his team mates, which is not good going forward resulting in what looks like wasted passes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
ginnywings
January 19, 2017, 2:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerMal

Vose is better than Summerfield, technically and at the job for which some on here claim Summerfield is used for. That is creating opportunities. Summerfield does have a better engine which will always get you into Hurst side above technique and Bignot favours players who can press the opposition.

But for what we were discussing, about a creative attacking midfielder Vose has more ability than Summerfield.

Bold statement. Technically, no argument, but it's a team game and two managers who have spent their whole lives in professional football obviously disagree that Vose is better for the team than Summerfield. I think Vose will be one of those players that never achieves what his talent should enable him to. Managers will keep trying to get it out of him but i doubt they will IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
Mariner93er
January 19, 2017, 2:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,740
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Hagrid

because he isnt playing aaron! give him a run in the team and he will be our main man, there must be something behidn the scenes as to why he isnt getting a chance

How do you know that? Surely the fact that he isn't starting suggests he's not as good as we believe. I similar sentiment was displayed towards Browne at one point, with people saying he should be playing. But it's all based on a belief that he could be the player we need with no evidence to actually substantiate it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
MarinerMal
January 19, 2017, 2:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
Bold statement. Technically, no argument, but it's a team game and two managers who have spent their whole lives in professional football obviously disagree that Vose is better for the team than Summerfield. I think Vose will be one of those players that never achieves what his talent should enable him to. Managers will keep trying to get it out of him but i doubt they will IMO.

Ofc course it's a team game and it's about how to get the best out of your team. So the fact that Summerfield gets chosen over Vose doesn't mean Vose isn't better than Summerfield, just that the manager thinks it suits his team/system better.

Although, I do agree Vose is one of those players unlikely to achieve his potential. Still, IMO, he is the best of his type we have. Without having seen any of the new signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
Hagrid
January 19, 2017, 2:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
[quote=5570]

i dont know it, but im entitled to think it, when he is on form vose is without a doubt the most creative member of our team, even on saturday, he did try take his man on, and linked up with Omar, we have nothing else in our midfield similar to vose, would always be on my teamsheet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Midfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.