5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 12:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
[quote=43]It is rubbish, Pete. Utter claptrap. You don't half watch some rubbish TV!  

Any alien species with the technology to traverse interstellar space could do whatever the hell they wanted with us. We wouldn't know they were here, wouldn't see them and couldn't do the slightest thing about it even if we did. Technologically, we would be like chimps smashing open nuts with a rock in comparison. The would have the computational power to pass through any of our security systems at will so wouldn't have any worries or real interest in any of the weapons we have created.

The whole abduction thing is just comical as well. If visiting aliens did want to examine how our bodies worked, they could just take anybody from some backroad without bothering to return them. I can't imagine why they would have have any interest in shoving strange probes up abductees' rear ends, either, as seems to be commonly reported! Strange how people who claim to be abducted always tend to be odd characters in the first place, isn't it?

I have got to do something with my time Maringer

Most of the things the average Joe in the street says I dismiss,

BUT

When Governments and high ranking people speak I listen,

Waiting and hoping  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
Maringer
November 4, 2016, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

When Governments and high ranking people speak I listen

Have you seen some of the fruitcakes we've got running the country? A good chance that Trump will be the most powerful man in the world before too long as well!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 3:38pm

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

Have you seen some of the fruitcakes we've got running the country? A good chance that Trump will be the most powerful man in the world before to long as well!  

Don't tell anyone,

BUT

Trump is one of those aliens.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 7:19pm

Exile
Quoted from Caesar
I don't say they are not real because it is so unlikely for us even to contact other alien species, I simply say I am sceptical of claims because of how unlikely it is.  It is so unlikely I follow Carl Sagan's paraphrase:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

What we have with regards to aliens is very limited evidence that would easily be dismissed in a court of law if they were making far less extraordinary claims.  

To take the ex Canadian defence minister,  Paul Hellyer I believe you are referring to.  He first announced he believed in September 2005.  Taking my information from wikipedia in 1967 he opened the first UFO pad as part of an official centenary celebration, suggesting he already was primed into being open about the existence of UFO's.  He claims him and his wife saw a UFO, dismissed it.  Then years later watched a program about UFO's and that brought the memory back and he became convinced of UFO's.  I am not sure of the time gap between the 2 but it seems to be a quite significant gap, plenty of time for memories to get confused and embellished, memory is easily manipulated and confused.  The further you are from an event the more sceptical you should be as I am sure we can all think of examples in our own lives when our memories have got things wrong.  Seeing a program about UFO's will certainly remind you of a time you saw something strange, but memory does not work like a video playback.  Your mind makes various key points to remember and fills in the gaps, seeing similar images can implant themselves in your memory easily enough and you can become convinced that what you are now picturing in your mind is exactly what you saw.  If you want evidence just google 'implanting false memories'.  There are numerous psychology articles that go in depth explaining exactly how this happens, how it can be manipulated, either intentionally or unintentionally.  

His claims are therefore immediately susceptible to possible false memory.  But if we take them at completely face value we can still question them easily.  So he goes onto suggest that America is trying to put a space base on the moon.  This despite the fact NASA doesn't even send space shuttles into low orbit anymore and only sends unmanned probes that show us pictures of space.  If we are to believe this we need to also believe therefore that the American government, possibly with numerous other governments, are hiding what they are doing and the alien technology we have.  This is the same government that cannot protect its secrets from being exposed by Edward Snowden.  If you ever decide to look into a list of blunders by governments the list is as long as you can be bothered to stay awake.  Governments are made up of too many people to be able to keep secrets, the worlds most powerful man in the 90's wasn't even able to keep secret he had an affair with a white house staffer (Clinton and Lewinski).  It is a stretch to try and imagine a government can keep a secret as big is that, it is simply too inefficient

The only 'alien' photos I can find of him (please feel free to point me in their direction) are slightly odd shaped lights in the night sky.  While I do not profess to say what they are, you can see many similar images from Hubble telescope photos or even from earth looking at the norther lights for example.  Quite simply space is full of weird crap, gasses meteors and other natural phenomena before we even get to the numerous satellites we have put up there.

From what I can see the only evidence therefore for his claims are his own personal testimony which is contradicted by the many more defence ministers all over the world and in various other time periods.  As far as I know no other Canadian defence ministers are convinced of alien technology having been on earth.  So either he is mistaken, or there is a mass conspiracy involving everybody else.  This combined with the extraordinary unlikeliness of what he says being the case, I am going to presume it is the former.  Until I get extraordinary evidence I am going to remain sceptical.

I do agree it is an interesting question though as my rather ridiculously long post suggests, and I do enjoy thinking about it.  Sorry if I have bored you btw!

Very good post Caeser, I have said I too find it a fascinating subject but I would need to see something with my own eyes to be sure,

Its a bit like religion some people just believe they do not need prove, they just know,

Well I  would like to know but I doubt if I will ever find out,

So I will continue to watch these programmes as I have too much time on my hands,

I will continue to bore my wife with certain episodes and say to her ,    what do you think of that ?

AND

She will continue to say to me,   very interesting dear what's on the other side    ( channel )

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
Grim74
November 4, 2016, 11:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
It's absolute garbage and delusional to believe little green men in flying saurces have had a jolly down to earth, I can understand if you think they may be out there in the mass of universe, but when there is growing evidence from the scientific world saying we are all probably just living inside a big hologram and everything we see out there is just a manufactured perception from the powers who control us, we are probably just living in a simulation only seeing a world this is not even there. Look into DMT its inside all of us and simulates the world we see.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2016, 1:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If aliens have travelled millions of light years to get here, it's clear they're not Lincoln City fans. They can't be arsed to travel 40 miles.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
grimsby pete
November 5, 2016, 11:49am

Exile
It does make you think,

Why are Governments spending Billions of pounds trying to find ET,

When they are here.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
Maringer
November 5, 2016, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
It would certainly go some way to explaining exactly what Gove and Rees-Mogg actually are.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
Rick12
November 6, 2016, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its a bit like religion some people just believe they do not need prove, they just know,

For me though I only believe something unless I see it as others have said on here.With religion though I believe it does tap into something true eg good energy.Hence Jesus I believe was a very good man that tapped into that concept.Likewise science backs this up as well eg everything is energy(video below which is good  highlights this succinctly and is only 1.5 mins long).There is good and bad energy eg good is love (if children dont get this growing up they dont develop which numerous research studies backs up)happiness, honesty,peace etc whilst bad is mocking others and so forth
[youtube]RmeHHdGgQkg[/youtube]

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
Marinerz93
November 6, 2016, 1:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Two sides of every coin, no they don't exist and yes they do, both have merits but only one causes great debates and investigations.

Yes there have been some elaborate hoax's and questionable evidence, with implants removed, photos taken and blurred videos. There are many conspiracy's and theory's you could spend years sifting through the available material.

There are many structures around the earth that can not be explained how they were built with ancient tools, with the accuracy that modern tools can not achieve either.

There is a group that have been pressing for disclosure led by individuals who claim to have experiences that insist the public be made aware of what is happening to the human race and planet.  

[youtube]ud49Gh9yYLs[/youtube]

If you get the chance, use high powered night vison goggles and look up at the night sky. The amount of movement up there is breathtaking.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › UFO's  and Aliens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.