5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 6, 2017, 3:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I find the subject very interesting and I am amazed how many people of influence believe they have seen aliens or a  UFO,

The Chinese are sure they are here and thier foreign secretary has stated so, along with the Canadian cabinet bloke,

Americans and Russians have reported seeing objects while in space,

The only time I thought I saw a UFO was about 40+ years ago when I was driving from Laceby to Waltham along the back road,

A bright light shot up from the ground at tremendous speed and vanished into the sky,

I was very excited for a few minutes then I realised I was looking towards Binbrook,

It would have been a lightning Jet going vertical,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
Rik e B
February 17, 2017, 2:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Maringer
Probably a small meteor of some sort. Would be interesting to see that sort of a thing in the flesh, so to speak, though not one as serious as the one which hit Russia the other year and blew out loads of windows as it exploded!

That would explain, perhaps the 'ball lightning' immediately afterwards a result of some sort of turbulence, magnetic perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
Maringer
February 17, 2017, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I don't think anyone is really certain how ball lightning is created. You'd think an exploding meteor would put plenty of energy in the atmosphere so that might help produce it. Amazing how little we know about some things even now. As most people carry around cameras with them on their phones now, wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more footage of these rare events which might shed a bit more light on it (no pun intended).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
grimsby pete
February 17, 2017, 2:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I am still not convinced that they are here with us,

If Brain Cox comes on the telly and says   I HAVE SEEN THEM !!!!

I will be sure but until then,

I am sat here waiting for a visit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › UFO's  and Aliens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.