5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 2, 2016, 5:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Just wondering if any of you are interested or have seen anything you could not understand,

I have taken an interest recently and watch Ancient Aliens and other programmes on the H2 channel,

I have not seen anything myself but believe there must be something to all the stories,

The universe is so vast there must be thousands of planets with life on them and some could be thousands of years ahead of us,

Here is a list of high profile people who believe that they not only  exist but some of them believe they are living on our planet and have gone on record to say so,

Canada's ex Minister of Defence Paul Hellyer

Britain's ex Ministry of defence (  head of ufo sightings )  Nick Pope,

2nd man on the moon  Buzz Aldwin,

6th man on the moon  Edgar Mitchell,

Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt ex deputy base commander of the USA base in Suffolk which had a space craft land in Rendlesham Forestl there is even a Plaque and a UFO trail to walk put up by the council if you fancy a look.

Plus the Governments of Brazil and China and a few others recognise them as real,

Most Governments poo poo the idea because they think it will bring panic and upset to the religious believers,

If you have not seen any of the programmes I urge you to take a look with an open mind and tell us what you think,

Me , I would love to believe they are here and I would like to talk to them,

BUT

At the moment I am 60-40 in thinking they are real and with us,

I would just like to see something with my own eyes to be 100%

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
November 2, 2016, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I saw a silver orb flying low and straight across a distant field whilst driving. Could have been anything, but there is tons of footage of silver orbs on YouTube.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
Maringer
November 3, 2016, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
Never seen anything UFO-ish myself, but it would certainly be interesting to encounter something unexplained like that.

No doubt in my mind that there is intelligent life out there somewhere - there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and over 100 billion galaxies that we know of. Whether we will ever meet it is a different matter as space is pretty fricking big, to say the least. If intelligent life develops thousands, millions or billions of light years away how are we ever going to meet - or even know they exist, for that matter? Faster than light travel doesn't seem possible from what we currently know of physics so no way we'll ever know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
mariner91
November 3, 2016, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Once saw a glowing orangey dot about the size of a football moving across the sky, it then stopped for a few seconds and then seemed to go upwards before disappearing. Don't know what it was but there was three of us and we all saw it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
ginnywings
November 3, 2016, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
According to Carl Sagan, it is mathematically impossible for there not to be intelligent life on other planets in other galaxies. As Maringer points out, space is unimaginably vast- too vast for most human minds to grasp. I find it all a bit mind boggling to be honest because i can't comprehend it in a way that makes sense to me. Whether intelligent life has visited us, or is indeed among us, is open to debate. I'm a believe it when i see it type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
Caesar
November 4, 2016, 8:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
It is highly likely that life is somewhere out there simply due to the mathematical probabilities and the size of space.  

BUT the same probabilities indicate it is vanishingly unlikely we will ever come into contact with any other life forms.   The nearest galaxy to us (Andromeda galaxy) is 2.5 Million light years away. Any life in that galaxy, travelling at the speed of light, which all science says is the fastest it is possible to travel outside the world of science fiction, would have to be travelling for 2.5 Million years just to meet us.  If there are in one of the million other galaxies that they could be that is even longer.  There are some closer satellite galaxies (smaller and less likely to have conditions necessary for life I think) but even the closest is something like 25,000 light years away.  The odds of any species some how making contact are so minuscule as to be non existent, its possible no doubt but I think highly unlikely.  

As for unexplained things we see, I have something of an interest in magic.  The generally fascinating thing is how easy it is to fool people.  Our Brain has evolved in such a way that there are thousands of ways to exploit our brains neural networks to basically make us think we saw something when we saw something else eg. forced perspective where from the angle you are positioned 2 objects appear vastly different in size.  I think it is most likely that unexplained sightings are generally various examples of this in my opinion.

So I guess I am sceptical that we will ever make contact, but find it a fascinating question though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
MidnightMariner
November 4, 2016, 9:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91
Once saw a glowing orangey dot about the size of a football moving across the sky, it then stopped for a few seconds and then seemed to go upwards before disappearing. Don't know what it was but there was three of us and we all saw it.

Two reasonable explanations for this 1 !
First: could possibly have been a shot from john lewis that hit the score board then bounced skyward
2nd: most likely a 40 yard cross field pass from toto heading to monkey, he then heads it on skyward, the orange/pink ball that is used in night fa cup / trophy games explains this ! 😀
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 11:03am

Exile
We could see things that are not there or see things that we think is something else,

BUT

How do you can you say that they are not real because you do not believe its possible for any of them could reach Earth,

When the ex minister of defence for Canada says he has seen them and spoken to them and even shown a photo of one of them ?

When a defence worker in the USA said he found some and a gunfight took place and he lost 4 fingers and had his chest ripped open by a laser type gun,
He came out and told the world the story and was informed by the powers that be to keep quiet or he will be silenced ,
He would not be quiet and told everybody that if he committed suicide it would mean he had been murdered.
He was found dead in his home some time later because he had no fingers on one hand it would have been impossible for him to have tied the knot the way it was put round his neck.

OR

When aliens were seen at various nuclear sites and they took over the workings of the missiles by showing they could shut them down and the US Military could not fathom what was wrong and then they came back on line without the help of any of the people in charge doing anything,

OR

Even worse when they were supposed to be shut down they all came on line and were seconds from nuking Russia before the aliens shut them down at the last second,

There are hundreds of stories of events like this and senior people in government  are now coming out and saying Aliens are real and living among us,

All the ones that have been in space have seen them, Jumbo Jet pilots have reported them, police officers have reported seeing them and a lot of them have gone on record and have been filmed recalling the events,

Governments such as China and Brazil have come out and said they are here,

Thousands of reports of abductions around the world have been made and some can not remember anything about it until they have been hypnotised and some have come back with small chips put under their skin.

The doctor  who has removed dozens of these chips from people has given them to be tested and they all came back that they are made from something not known on this planet.

After all this and hundreds of more strange cases I am still not 100% sure they are here, I would like to see one with my own eyes first,

BUT

Wouldn't it be good if they was ?

I do not think if they are here to harm us because they could have taken over the planet thousands of years ago if they wanted to,

They are here to help us, that's if they are here at all,

Whatever you think I find it fascinating to watch these programmes even if I sometimes say to myself what a load of rubbish.  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
Maringer
November 4, 2016, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It is rubbish, Pete. Utter claptrap. You don't half watch some rubbish TV!  

Any alien species with the technology to traverse interstellar space could do whatever the hell they wanted with us. We wouldn't know they were here, wouldn't see them and couldn't do the slightest thing about it even if we did. Technologically, we would be like chimps smashing open nuts with a rock in comparison. The would have the computational power to pass through any of our security systems at will so wouldn't have any worries or real interest in any of the weapons we have created.

The whole abduction thing is just comical as well. If visiting aliens did want to examine how our bodies worked, they could just take anybody from some backroad without bothering to return them. I can't imagine why they would have have any interest in shoving strange probes up abductees' rear ends, either, as seems to be commonly reported! Strange how people who claim to be abducted always tend to be odd characters in the first place, isn't it?

If aliens do come, let's hope they aren't here because they are hungry, that's all I can say, or I hope we're not very tasty to them. That's all we would have to offer them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Caesar
November 4, 2016, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I don't say they are not real because it is so unlikely for us even to contact other alien species, I simply say I am sceptical of claims because of how unlikely it is.  It is so unlikely I follow Carl Sagan's paraphrase:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

What we have with regards to aliens is very limited evidence that would easily be dismissed in a court of law if they were making far less extraordinary claims.  

To take the ex Canadian defence minister,  Paul Hellyer I believe you are referring to.  He first announced he believed in September 2005.  Taking my information from wikipedia in 1967 he opened the first UFO pad as part of an official centenary celebration, suggesting he already was primed into being open about the existence of UFO's.  He claims him and his wife saw a UFO, dismissed it.  Then years later watched a program about UFO's and that brought the memory back and he became convinced of UFO's.  I am not sure of the time gap between the 2 but it seems to be a quite significant gap, plenty of time for memories to get confused and embellished, memory is easily manipulated and confused.  The further you are from an event the more sceptical you should be as I am sure we can all think of examples in our own lives when our memories have got things wrong.  Seeing a program about UFO's will certainly remind you of a time you saw something strange, but memory does not work like a video playback.  Your mind makes various key points to remember and fills in the gaps, seeing similar images can implant themselves in your memory easily enough and you can become convinced that what you are now picturing in your mind is exactly what you saw.  If you want evidence just google 'implanting false memories'.  There are numerous psychology articles that go in depth explaining exactly how this happens, how it can be manipulated, either intentionally or unintentionally.  

His claims are therefore immediately susceptible to possible false memory.  But if we take them at completely face value we can still question them easily.  So he goes onto suggest that America is trying to put a space base on the moon.  This despite the fact NASA doesn't even send space shuttles into low orbit anymore and only sends unmanned probes that show us pictures of space.  If we are to believe this we need to also believe therefore that the American government, possibly with numerous other governments, are hiding what they are doing and the alien technology we have.  This is the same government that cannot protect its secrets from being exposed by Edward Snowden.  If you ever decide to look into a list of blunders by governments the list is as long as you can be bothered to stay awake.  Governments are made up of too many people to be able to keep secrets, the worlds most powerful man in the 90's wasn't even able to keep secret he had an affair with a white house staffer (Clinton and Lewinski).  It is a stretch to try and imagine a government can keep a secret as big is that, it is simply too inefficient

The only 'alien' photos I can find of him (please feel free to point me in their direction) are slightly odd shaped lights in the night sky.  While I do not profess to say what they are, you can see many similar images from Hubble telescope photos or even from earth looking at the norther lights for example.  Quite simply space is full of weird crap, gasses meteors and other natural phenomena before we even get to the numerous satellites we have put up there.

From what I can see the only evidence therefore for his claims are his own personal testimony which is contradicted by the many more defence ministers all over the world and in various other time periods.  As far as I know no other Canadian defence ministers are convinced of alien technology having been on earth.  So either he is mistaken, or there is a mass conspiracy involving everybody else.  This combined with the extraordinary unlikeliness of what he says being the case, I am going to presume it is the former.  Until I get extraordinary evidence I am going to remain sceptical.

I do agree it is an interesting question though as my rather ridiculously long post suggests, and I do enjoy thinking about it.  Sorry if I have bored you btw!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 12:52pm

Exile
[quote=43]It is rubbish, Pete. Utter claptrap. You don't half watch some rubbish TV!  

Any alien species with the technology to traverse interstellar space could do whatever the hell they wanted with us. We wouldn't know they were here, wouldn't see them and couldn't do the slightest thing about it even if we did. Technologically, we would be like chimps smashing open nuts with a rock in comparison. The would have the computational power to pass through any of our security systems at will so wouldn't have any worries or real interest in any of the weapons we have created.

The whole abduction thing is just comical as well. If visiting aliens did want to examine how our bodies worked, they could just take anybody from some backroad without bothering to return them. I can't imagine why they would have have any interest in shoving strange probes up abductees' rear ends, either, as seems to be commonly reported! Strange how people who claim to be abducted always tend to be odd characters in the first place, isn't it?

I have got to do something with my time Maringer

Most of the things the average Joe in the street says I dismiss,

BUT

When Governments and high ranking people speak I listen,

Waiting and hoping  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
Maringer
November 4, 2016, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

When Governments and high ranking people speak I listen

Have you seen some of the fruitcakes we've got running the country? A good chance that Trump will be the most powerful man in the world before too long as well!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 3:38pm

Exile
Quoted from Maringer

Have you seen some of the fruitcakes we've got running the country? A good chance that Trump will be the most powerful man in the world before to long as well!  

Don't tell anyone,

BUT

Trump is one of those aliens.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 7:19pm

Exile
Quoted from Caesar
I don't say they are not real because it is so unlikely for us even to contact other alien species, I simply say I am sceptical of claims because of how unlikely it is.  It is so unlikely I follow Carl Sagan's paraphrase:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

What we have with regards to aliens is very limited evidence that would easily be dismissed in a court of law if they were making far less extraordinary claims.  

To take the ex Canadian defence minister,  Paul Hellyer I believe you are referring to.  He first announced he believed in September 2005.  Taking my information from wikipedia in 1967 he opened the first UFO pad as part of an official centenary celebration, suggesting he already was primed into being open about the existence of UFO's.  He claims him and his wife saw a UFO, dismissed it.  Then years later watched a program about UFO's and that brought the memory back and he became convinced of UFO's.  I am not sure of the time gap between the 2 but it seems to be a quite significant gap, plenty of time for memories to get confused and embellished, memory is easily manipulated and confused.  The further you are from an event the more sceptical you should be as I am sure we can all think of examples in our own lives when our memories have got things wrong.  Seeing a program about UFO's will certainly remind you of a time you saw something strange, but memory does not work like a video playback.  Your mind makes various key points to remember and fills in the gaps, seeing similar images can implant themselves in your memory easily enough and you can become convinced that what you are now picturing in your mind is exactly what you saw.  If you want evidence just google 'implanting false memories'.  There are numerous psychology articles that go in depth explaining exactly how this happens, how it can be manipulated, either intentionally or unintentionally.  

His claims are therefore immediately susceptible to possible false memory.  But if we take them at completely face value we can still question them easily.  So he goes onto suggest that America is trying to put a space base on the moon.  This despite the fact NASA doesn't even send space shuttles into low orbit anymore and only sends unmanned probes that show us pictures of space.  If we are to believe this we need to also believe therefore that the American government, possibly with numerous other governments, are hiding what they are doing and the alien technology we have.  This is the same government that cannot protect its secrets from being exposed by Edward Snowden.  If you ever decide to look into a list of blunders by governments the list is as long as you can be bothered to stay awake.  Governments are made up of too many people to be able to keep secrets, the worlds most powerful man in the 90's wasn't even able to keep secret he had an affair with a white house staffer (Clinton and Lewinski).  It is a stretch to try and imagine a government can keep a secret as big is that, it is simply too inefficient

The only 'alien' photos I can find of him (please feel free to point me in their direction) are slightly odd shaped lights in the night sky.  While I do not profess to say what they are, you can see many similar images from Hubble telescope photos or even from earth looking at the norther lights for example.  Quite simply space is full of weird crap, gasses meteors and other natural phenomena before we even get to the numerous satellites we have put up there.

From what I can see the only evidence therefore for his claims are his own personal testimony which is contradicted by the many more defence ministers all over the world and in various other time periods.  As far as I know no other Canadian defence ministers are convinced of alien technology having been on earth.  So either he is mistaken, or there is a mass conspiracy involving everybody else.  This combined with the extraordinary unlikeliness of what he says being the case, I am going to presume it is the former.  Until I get extraordinary evidence I am going to remain sceptical.

I do agree it is an interesting question though as my rather ridiculously long post suggests, and I do enjoy thinking about it.  Sorry if I have bored you btw!

Very good post Caeser, I have said I too find it a fascinating subject but I would need to see something with my own eyes to be sure,

Its a bit like religion some people just believe they do not need prove, they just know,

Well I  would like to know but I doubt if I will ever find out,

So I will continue to watch these programmes as I have too much time on my hands,

I will continue to bore my wife with certain episodes and say to her ,    what do you think of that ?

AND

She will continue to say to me,   very interesting dear what's on the other side    ( channel )

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
Grim74
November 4, 2016, 11:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
It's absolute garbage and delusional to believe little green men in flying saurces have had a jolly down to earth, I can understand if you think they may be out there in the mass of universe, but when there is growing evidence from the scientific world saying we are all probably just living inside a big hologram and everything we see out there is just a manufactured perception from the powers who control us, we are probably just living in a simulation only seeing a world this is not even there. Look into DMT its inside all of us and simulates the world we see.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2016, 1:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If aliens have travelled millions of light years to get here, it's clear they're not Lincoln City fans. They can't be arsed to travel 40 miles.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
grimsby pete
November 5, 2016, 11:49am

Exile
It does make you think,

Why are Governments spending Billions of pounds trying to find ET,

When they are here.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
Maringer
November 5, 2016, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It would certainly go some way to explaining exactly what Gove and Rees-Mogg actually are.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
Rick12
November 6, 2016, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its a bit like religion some people just believe they do not need prove, they just know,

For me though I only believe something unless I see it as others have said on here.With religion though I believe it does tap into something true eg good energy.Hence Jesus I believe was a very good man that tapped into that concept.Likewise science backs this up as well eg everything is energy(video below which is good  highlights this succinctly and is only 1.5 mins long).There is good and bad energy eg good is love (if children dont get this growing up they dont develop which numerous research studies backs up)happiness, honesty,peace etc whilst bad is mocking others and so forth
[youtube]RmeHHdGgQkg[/youtube]

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
Marinerz93
November 6, 2016, 1:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Two sides of every coin, no they don't exist and yes they do, both have merits but only one causes great debates and investigations.

Yes there have been some elaborate hoax's and questionable evidence, with implants removed, photos taken and blurred videos. There are many conspiracy's and theory's you could spend years sifting through the available material.

There are many structures around the earth that can not be explained how they were built with ancient tools, with the accuracy that modern tools can not achieve either.

There is a group that have been pressing for disclosure led by individuals who claim to have experiences that insist the public be made aware of what is happening to the human race and planet.  

[youtube]ud49Gh9yYLs[/youtube]

If you get the chance, use high powered night vison goggles and look up at the night sky. The amount of movement up there is breathtaking.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
grimsby pete
November 7, 2016, 10:08am

Exile
I agree with most people that about 95% of sightings and stories of abduction and stories are either mistaken or a hoax,

BUT

What about the other 5 % that can not be explained away ?

I have gone into this subject quite a lot over the last year or two and have laughed at some of the stories that people have come out and said,

However there is a big doubt on my mind about a few things that I have seen on the TV,

I do not think we will ever find out until they want to show us that they are here,

If however they are not here we will never find out because some will believe and most will poo poo the idea.

Fascinating subject though and no wonder so many people are making loads of money out of it.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
grimsby pete
November 8, 2016, 7:08pm

Exile
Just had a thought ,

They say its takes 100 thousands years for light to travel across the milky way,

1.  How do they know who measured it ?

2.  How come the light from my torch barely reaches the bottom of my garden,

Never mind 100 thousand light years.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
GYinScuntland
November 9, 2016, 12:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I married a monster from outer space once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
Doctor Sanchez
November 9, 2016, 12:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
This may sound far-fetched but has anyone ever encountered intelligent life from Hull?

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
Marinerz93
November 9, 2016, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just had a thought ,

They say its takes 100 thousands years for light to travel across the milky way,

1.  How do they know who measured it ?

2.  How come the light from my torch barely reaches the bottom of my garden,

Never mind 100 thousand light years.

I always wondered, whose the chap that's wearing a tinfoil hat at Town games!  

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nzCKcQA.jpg[/img]

From the film, Signs.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
Maringer
November 9, 2016, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
This may sound far-fetched but has anyone ever encountered intelligent life from Hull?

Nuuuuuur.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
Rik e B
November 30, 2016, 11:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
When I was a boy, some time between eight and eleven I wss playing in his yard when we both remarked 'What the heck is that?'. In the sky was a grey/silver stereotypical UFO shaped thing with the bottom arc/crescent glowing orange.  I remember thinking in my head 'theyre watching us' and felt a weird kind of telepathic feeling and saw in my minds eye what they would see looking at us, from the perfect angle to their position only zoomed in much greater than the distance they appeared to be at.

My mate said 'I'll go get my sister' and headed inside, in my mind I remarked 'they'll disappear now' and with that it faded out to invisible.

The only thing I know is you cant know the answer to pretty much everything in the universe do dont form strong beliefs on anything just be open to all possibilities. The human brain is extremely powerful and can conjur up all sorts of things. But that experience felt pretty genuine in my gut.

For the record I think it an absolute certainty there life out therr, its preposterous to think not. Have they visited? I dont know but theres all sorts of signs from ancient civilisations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
Grim74
December 1, 2016, 9:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Rik e B
When I was a boy, some time between eight and eleven I wss playing in his yard when we both remarked 'What the heck is that?'. In the sky was a grey/silver stereotypical UFO shaped thing with the bottom arc/crescent glowing orange.  I remember thinking in my head 'theyre watching us' and felt a weird kind of telepathic feeling and saw in my minds eye what they would see looking at us, from the perfect angle to their position only zoomed in much greater than the distance they appeared to be at.

My mate said 'I'll go get my sister' and headed inside, in my mind I remarked 'they'll disappear now' and with that it faded out to invisible.

🙄

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
louth_in_the_south
December 11, 2016, 7:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 94
They must've telepathically known your sister was evil and decided to return to the safety of their galaxy 👾👾👾

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
Rik e B
December 27, 2016, 4:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Perhaps, but it was my mates sister and she was hot -abducting her and taking her back woukd be more fitting of their advanced intellect  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
monkeyboy
January 2, 2017, 12:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I have seen something we couldnt explain.

About 16 years ago we was playing a Cricket match in a village called Mytholmroyd over near Halifax. Lovely sunny day in the valley and there must have been 60 -70 people with players and spectators etc, half way through the first innings we were fielding when one of the lads said whats that, we looked up into the sky to see 7 bright star like lights just sat stationary, after a few seconds they starting zig zagging around the sky in a random manner but very quick, then just stopping dead for a few seconds now and then. This lasted for a good five minutes when they one by one shot off if different directions and was gone.
Every single person at the ground at the time had no explanation to what happenend, nect day the local rag rag (hx courier) had barely a paragraph on it and just asked did anyone else see the mysterious lights.
Absolutely no chance they were planes or reflections.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
devs
January 2, 2017, 2:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Disappointed and surprised there are no Uranus comments - always worth a punt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
Skrill
January 3, 2017, 10:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from Marinerz93
If you get the chance, use high powered night vison goggles and look up at the night sky. The amount of movement up there is breathtaking.

Yes, the odd shooting star, planets, satellites, ISS, and Airbus! Amateur Astronomers look at the night sky every night, maybe they just know what they're looking at!

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
Marinerz93
January 4, 2017, 12:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Skrill

Yes, the odd shooting star, planets, satellites, ISS, and Airbus! Amateur Astronomers look at the night sky every night, maybe they just know what they're looking at!

I agree with that in most parts, including old satellites not in use, and old space agency stuff from multiple countries floating around. However there are some things that you see that don't follow the normal trajectory and this is where people have filmed those, there are plenty on youtube.

[youtube]Z49yJtx8E14[/youtube]

According to Steven Greer, head of the disclosure project we are going to get a false flag alien attack in the next year or so.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
Skrill
January 4, 2017, 2:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from Marinerz93

I agree with that in most parts, including old satellites not in use, and old space agency stuff from multiple countries floating around. However there are some things that you see that don't follow the normal trajectory and this is where people have filmed those, there are plenty on youtube.

According to Steven Greer, head of the disclosure project we are going to get a false flag alien attack in the next year or so.

Youtube isn't exactly the arena of scientific research, since anything published there can be edited to any amount. What is the chance that the video is showcasing an alien craft? Or rather lit lanterns/balloons. That would account for the 'weird trajectory' and 'not in sequenced disappearance' of the flying lights. The reaction to the Phoenix Lights were the same, aliens! They cried, until it was found out that  it was a nearby US base testing with lit high-altitude balloons. The 2008 lights were even hoaxed by the same method.  

http://www.livescience.com/2483-mysterious-phoenix-lights-ufo-hoax.html

What exactly is an 'alien false flag operation'?

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
Marinerz93
January 6, 2017, 1:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Skrill

Youtube isn't exactly the arena of scientific research, since anything published there can be edited to any amount. What is the chance that the video is showcasing an alien craft? Or rather lit lanterns/balloons. That would account for the 'weird trajectory' and 'not in sequenced disappearance' of the flying lights. The reaction to the Phoenix Lights were the same, aliens! They cried, until it was found out that  it was a nearby US base testing with lit high-altitude balloons. The 2008 lights were even hoaxed by the same method.  

http://www.livescience.com/2483-mysterious-phoenix-lights-ufo-hoax.html

What exactly is an 'alien false flag operation'?

The are two events allegedly with the phoenix lights, hadn't heard about the high altitude balloons, the one I saw, was a claim it was flares from a A-10 Warthog.

A false flag event is one that is manufactured by certain people to get a reaction, for example, cause a chain of events that can either sway public opinion or cause government intervention, say gun control and the like.

The alien false flag operation is being raised by Dr Greer from the 'Disclosure Project'

There are few videos of 'Crisis actors' who allegedly play a part in these false flag operations.

[youtube]2hGZM7heYKw[/youtube]

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
Rik e B
January 6, 2017, 2:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Just remembered another... this time I must have been 19 or 20 and was hanging out with mates in caistor. We were popping back to one of their houses at nighttime when all off the sudden the sky and the street lit up just for a second and there was a loud 'whoosh!' going from left to right with the light via the shadows traversing the same.

I had my head down looking at the floor so only noticed the street lighting up and the sound but two of my mates jumped out their skinand ducked for cover one screaming "What the f**ck!?". They both proclaimed to have seen some kind of ship come down/whizz past down incredibly low to the houses like it was out of control while a third simply said he see something out the corner of his eye.

Almost immediately afterwards flashing blue orbs started appearing and disappearing here there and everywhere,  I explained as likely ball lightning but others said seemed like search 'lights' which I could kind of agree with.

A few minutes later the sky had several planes or helicopters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
Rik e B
January 6, 2017, 2:26am

Whiskey Drinker
...circling in the direction it headed. These were definitely standard human with their flashing lights and movement patterns.

We all agreed it was pretty weird but the next day we bumped into an acquaintance who before we could say anything started bleating about something strange in the sky that appeared to come down over Nettleton woods (the same direction we sensed it going), he said a few people had spoken about it and their was a piece in the Rasen Mail!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
Maringer
January 6, 2017, 10:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Probably a small meteor of some sort. Would be interesting to see that sort of a thing in the flesh, so to speak, though not one as serious as the one which hit Russia the other year and blew out loads of windows as it exploded!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
chicaneuk
January 6, 2017, 11:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Never seen anything interesting myself sadly. But certainly always believed that there is life on other planets, etc. Would be willing to believe that there may be stuff on this planet too (either covertly, or crashed here) - too many interesting phenemonon have been observed by too many people to consider it an impossibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
grimsby pete
January 6, 2017, 3:51pm

Exile
I find the subject very interesting and I am amazed how many people of influence believe they have seen aliens or a  UFO,

The Chinese are sure they are here and thier foreign secretary has stated so, along with the Canadian cabinet bloke,

Americans and Russians have reported seeing objects while in space,

The only time I thought I saw a UFO was about 40+ years ago when I was driving from Laceby to Waltham along the back road,

A bright light shot up from the ground at tremendous speed and vanished into the sky,

I was very excited for a few minutes then I realised I was looking towards Binbrook,

It would have been a lightning Jet going vertical,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
Rik e B
February 17, 2017, 2:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Probably a small meteor of some sort. Would be interesting to see that sort of a thing in the flesh, so to speak, though not one as serious as the one which hit Russia the other year and blew out loads of windows as it exploded!

That would explain, perhaps the 'ball lightning' immediately afterwards a result of some sort of turbulence, magnetic perhaps?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
Maringer
February 17, 2017, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
I don't think anyone is really certain how ball lightning is created. You'd think an exploding meteor would put plenty of energy in the atmosphere so that might help produce it. Amazing how little we know about some things even now. As most people carry around cameras with them on their phones now, wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more footage of these rare events which might shed a bit more light on it (no pun intended).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 43
grimsby pete
February 17, 2017, 2:13pm

Exile
I am still not convinced that they are here with us,

If Brain Cox comes on the telly and says   I HAVE SEEN THEM !!!!

I will be sure but until then,

I am sat here waiting for a visit.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › UFO's  and Aliens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.