5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 2, 2016, 5:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Just wondering if any of you are interested or have seen anything you could not understand,

I have taken an interest recently and watch Ancient Aliens and other programmes on the H2 channel,

I have not seen anything myself but believe there must be something to all the stories,

The universe is so vast there must be thousands of planets with life on them and some could be thousands of years ahead of us,

Here is a list of high profile people who believe that they not only  exist but some of them believe they are living on our planet and have gone on record to say so,

Canada's ex Minister of Defence Paul Hellyer

Britain's ex Ministry of defence (  head of ufo sightings )  Nick Pope,

2nd man on the moon  Buzz Aldwin,

6th man on the moon  Edgar Mitchell,

Lieutenant Colonel Charles Halt ex deputy base commander of the USA base in Suffolk which had a space craft land in Rendlesham Forestl there is even a Plaque and a UFO trail to walk put up by the council if you fancy a look.

Plus the Governments of Brazil and China and a few others recognise them as real,

Most Governments poo poo the idea because they think it will bring panic and upset to the religious believers,

If you have not seen any of the programmes I urge you to take a look with an open mind and tell us what you think,

Me , I would love to believe they are here and I would like to talk to them,

BUT

At the moment I am 60-40 in thinking they are real and with us,

I would just like to see something with my own eyes to be 100%

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
chaos33
November 2, 2016, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
I saw a silver orb flying low and straight across a distant field whilst driving. Could have been anything, but there is tons of footage of silver orbs on YouTube.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
Maringer
November 3, 2016, 10:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,369
Gold Stars: 183
Never seen anything UFO-ish myself, but it would certainly be interesting to encounter something unexplained like that.

No doubt in my mind that there is intelligent life out there somewhere - there are hundreds of billions of stars in our galaxy and over 100 billion galaxies that we know of. Whether we will ever meet it is a different matter as space is pretty fricking big, to say the least. If intelligent life develops thousands, millions or billions of light years away how are we ever going to meet - or even know they exist, for that matter? Faster than light travel doesn't seem possible from what we currently know of physics so no way we'll ever know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
mariner91
November 3, 2016, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,539
Gold Stars: 258
Once saw a glowing orangey dot about the size of a football moving across the sky, it then stopped for a few seconds and then seemed to go upwards before disappearing. Don't know what it was but there was three of us and we all saw it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
ginnywings
November 3, 2016, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
According to Carl Sagan, it is mathematically impossible for there not to be intelligent life on other planets in other galaxies. As Maringer points out, space is unimaginably vast- too vast for most human minds to grasp. I find it all a bit mind boggling to be honest because i can't comprehend it in a way that makes sense to me. Whether intelligent life has visited us, or is indeed among us, is open to debate. I'm a believe it when i see it type.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
Caesar
November 4, 2016, 8:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
It is highly likely that life is somewhere out there simply due to the mathematical probabilities and the size of space.  

BUT the same probabilities indicate it is vanishingly unlikely we will ever come into contact with any other life forms.   The nearest galaxy to us (Andromeda galaxy) is 2.5 Million light years away. Any life in that galaxy, travelling at the speed of light, which all science says is the fastest it is possible to travel outside the world of science fiction, would have to be travelling for 2.5 Million years just to meet us.  If there are in one of the million other galaxies that they could be that is even longer.  There are some closer satellite galaxies (smaller and less likely to have conditions necessary for life I think) but even the closest is something like 25,000 light years away.  The odds of any species some how making contact are so minuscule as to be non existent, its possible no doubt but I think highly unlikely.  

As for unexplained things we see, I have something of an interest in magic.  The generally fascinating thing is how easy it is to fool people.  Our Brain has evolved in such a way that there are thousands of ways to exploit our brains neural networks to basically make us think we saw something when we saw something else eg. forced perspective where from the angle you are positioned 2 objects appear vastly different in size.  I think it is most likely that unexplained sightings are generally various examples of this in my opinion.

So I guess I am sceptical that we will ever make contact, but find it a fascinating question though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
MidnightMariner
November 4, 2016, 9:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91
Once saw a glowing orangey dot about the size of a football moving across the sky, it then stopped for a few seconds and then seemed to go upwards before disappearing. Don't know what it was but there was three of us and we all saw it.

Two reasonable explanations for this 1 !
First: could possibly have been a shot from john lewis that hit the score board then bounced skyward
2nd: most likely a 40 yard cross field pass from toto heading to monkey, he then heads it on skyward, the orange/pink ball that is used in night fa cup / trophy games explains this ! 😀
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
grimsby pete
November 4, 2016, 11:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
We could see things that are not there or see things that we think is something else,

BUT

How do you can you say that they are not real because you do not believe its possible for any of them could reach Earth,

When the ex minister of defence for Canada says he has seen them and spoken to them and even shown a photo of one of them ?

When a defence worker in the USA said he found some and a gunfight took place and he lost 4 fingers and had his chest ripped open by a laser type gun,
He came out and told the world the story and was informed by the powers that be to keep quiet or he will be silenced ,
He would not be quiet and told everybody that if he committed suicide it would mean he had been murdered.
He was found dead in his home some time later because he had no fingers on one hand it would have been impossible for him to have tied the knot the way it was put round his neck.

OR

When aliens were seen at various nuclear sites and they took over the workings of the missiles by showing they could shut them down and the US Military could not fathom what was wrong and then they came back on line without the help of any of the people in charge doing anything,

OR

Even worse when they were supposed to be shut down they all came on line and were seconds from nuking Russia before the aliens shut them down at the last second,

There are hundreds of stories of events like this and senior people in government  are now coming out and saying Aliens are real and living among us,

All the ones that have been in space have seen them, Jumbo Jet pilots have reported them, police officers have reported seeing them and a lot of them have gone on record and have been filmed recalling the events,

Governments such as China and Brazil have come out and said they are here,

Thousands of reports of abductions around the world have been made and some can not remember anything about it until they have been hypnotised and some have come back with small chips put under their skin.

The doctor  who has removed dozens of these chips from people has given them to be tested and they all came back that they are made from something not known on this planet.

After all this and hundreds of more strange cases I am still not 100% sure they are here, I would like to see one with my own eyes first,

BUT

Wouldn't it be good if they was ?

I do not think if they are here to harm us because they could have taken over the planet thousands of years ago if they wanted to,

They are here to help us, that's if they are here at all,

Whatever you think I find it fascinating to watch these programmes even if I sometimes say to myself what a load of rubbish.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
Maringer
November 4, 2016, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,369
Gold Stars: 183
It is rubbish, Pete. Utter claptrap. You don't half watch some rubbish TV!  

Any alien species with the technology to traverse interstellar space could do whatever the hell they wanted with us. We wouldn't know they were here, wouldn't see them and couldn't do the slightest thing about it even if we did. Technologically, we would be like chimps smashing open nuts with a rock in comparison. The would have the computational power to pass through any of our security systems at will so wouldn't have any worries or real interest in any of the weapons we have created.

The whole abduction thing is just comical as well. If visiting aliens did want to examine how our bodies worked, they could just take anybody from some backroad without bothering to return them. I can't imagine why they would have have any interest in shoving strange probes up abductees' rear ends, either, as seems to be commonly reported! Strange how people who claim to be abducted always tend to be odd characters in the first place, isn't it?

If aliens do come, let's hope they aren't here because they are hungry, that's all I can say, or I hope we're not very tasty to them. That's all we would have to offer them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Caesar
November 4, 2016, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
I don't say they are not real because it is so unlikely for us even to contact other alien species, I simply say I am sceptical of claims because of how unlikely it is.  It is so unlikely I follow Carl Sagan's paraphrase:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

What we have with regards to aliens is very limited evidence that would easily be dismissed in a court of law if they were making far less extraordinary claims.  

To take the ex Canadian defence minister,  Paul Hellyer I believe you are referring to.  He first announced he believed in September 2005.  Taking my information from wikipedia in 1967 he opened the first UFO pad as part of an official centenary celebration, suggesting he already was primed into being open about the existence of UFO's.  He claims him and his wife saw a UFO, dismissed it.  Then years later watched a program about UFO's and that brought the memory back and he became convinced of UFO's.  I am not sure of the time gap between the 2 but it seems to be a quite significant gap, plenty of time for memories to get confused and embellished, memory is easily manipulated and confused.  The further you are from an event the more sceptical you should be as I am sure we can all think of examples in our own lives when our memories have got things wrong.  Seeing a program about UFO's will certainly remind you of a time you saw something strange, but memory does not work like a video playback.  Your mind makes various key points to remember and fills in the gaps, seeing similar images can implant themselves in your memory easily enough and you can become convinced that what you are now picturing in your mind is exactly what you saw.  If you want evidence just google 'implanting false memories'.  There are numerous psychology articles that go in depth explaining exactly how this happens, how it can be manipulated, either intentionally or unintentionally.  

His claims are therefore immediately susceptible to possible false memory.  But if we take them at completely face value we can still question them easily.  So he goes onto suggest that America is trying to put a space base on the moon.  This despite the fact NASA doesn't even send space shuttles into low orbit anymore and only sends unmanned probes that show us pictures of space.  If we are to believe this we need to also believe therefore that the American government, possibly with numerous other governments, are hiding what they are doing and the alien technology we have.  This is the same government that cannot protect its secrets from being exposed by Edward Snowden.  If you ever decide to look into a list of blunders by governments the list is as long as you can be bothered to stay awake.  Governments are made up of too many people to be able to keep secrets, the worlds most powerful man in the 90's wasn't even able to keep secret he had an affair with a white house staffer (Clinton and Lewinski).  It is a stretch to try and imagine a government can keep a secret as big is that, it is simply too inefficient

The only 'alien' photos I can find of him (please feel free to point me in their direction) are slightly odd shaped lights in the night sky.  While I do not profess to say what they are, you can see many similar images from Hubble telescope photos or even from earth looking at the norther lights for example.  Quite simply space is full of weird crap, gasses meteors and other natural phenomena before we even get to the numerous satellites we have put up there.

From what I can see the only evidence therefore for his claims are his own personal testimony which is contradicted by the many more defence ministers all over the world and in various other time periods.  As far as I know no other Canadian defence ministers are convinced of alien technology having been on earth.  So either he is mistaken, or there is a mass conspiracy involving everybody else.  This combined with the extraordinary unlikeliness of what he says being the case, I am going to presume it is the former.  Until I get extraordinary evidence I am going to remain sceptical.

I do agree it is an interesting question though as my rather ridiculously long post suggests, and I do enjoy thinking about it.  Sorry if I have bored you btw!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › UFO's  and Aliens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.