Hull City v WHU

This thread currently has 3,091 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mr viv
November 6, 2011, 7:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
A weekend of from watching my beloved mariners me and my mate took the kids to the KC. God you do realise how far we have fallen and could have honestly cried. Daft things like you have to park miles away from the ground after spending ages looking for a spot two hours before kick off,people milling about two hours before kick off with chippys bookies newsagents pubs all busting at the seams with people. Walking down all the lovely walkways to the magnificent stadium in a steady but continuous stream of people. Waiting to pick up my tickets for ten minutes and then informing one of the many helpful staff my ref number which had been very helpfully txt to me. We then enter the stadium and find our seats and there are actually people sat next to me and people sat around me as far asthe eye can see........WEIRD!! Out come the teams to a barrage of music and screaming and shouting from the guy on the mic, you know really pumping up the atmosphere in the ground and getting eveyone in the swing of things great!! As for the football oh my god this is the iceing on the cake as to how we have fallen, all comfortable on the ball the passing the movement the space all players seemed to have unreal compared to the driffel we watch.The away end full of fans and the banter and the singing between both sets of fans was great and the best chant was 2000 west ham fans singing to hull fans who were streaming out with 5 mins to go 2 is there a fire drill is there a fire drill!! All in all a really sad eye opener for me and my lad as to how far we have fallen,how we have failed to move with the times and been left more than standing. How a footy match is suppose to be with atmosphere and people there etc,will we ever be back and see things like that again??.....deffo NO is the answer we are screwed big time but i will be back in the swing of things next week at vale and for the rest of the season supporting my town my team its what i and many others on here do but yesterdays experience does make me very very sad....UTM 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
STB
November 6, 2011, 8:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
The above post with FENTYFILTER 2.0 applied.

Myself and several friends betrayed the club we love and watched our north bank rivals lose a dull game. There was nothing to interest us and we will each be watching GTFC until we die.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
mr viv
November 6, 2011, 8:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Quoted from STB

Myself and several friends betrayed the club we love and watched our north bank rivals lose a dull game. There was nothing to interest us and we will each be watching GTFC until we die.

So will i and my lad!! Dull game??????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
Billybigbollox
November 6, 2011, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
i went christmas shopping yesterday in hull and ended up at the game . . The wife has soft spot for wh . . . The best bit for me though was when they got the 2nd and my lad jumped out his seat got sum strange looks from the mud rats . . . Alot of hull fans around me were moaning like mad about there strikers everytime they touched the ball . . . . I'll be at vale on saturday . . . . Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
paulfcb
November 6, 2011, 9:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -1
I was seeing a girl from Nottingham last season and went to a couple of their home games. Swansea in the play-offs being one of them. I agree that it's strange being in a stadium with atmosphere. I miss those days!

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7963/2b828cb242c94be8aa72821il0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
BiloLCFC
November 6, 2011, 12:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Quoted from paulfcb
I was seeing a girl from Nottingham last season and went to a couple of their home games. Swansea in the play-offs being one of them. I agree that it's strange being in a stadium with atmosphere. I miss those days!

Try a game at the Ricoh Arena and you'll feel right at home.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
Billybigbollox
November 6, 2011, 12:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +2
my i add it only cost me £3 each for my kids !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
paulfcb
November 6, 2011, 12:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -1
Quoted from BiloLCFC

Try a game at the Ricoh Arena and you'll feel right at home.

I actually live in Leicester and I'm sure you'll agree that the atmosphere is lacking down The Walkers / King Power.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7963/2b828cb242c94be8aa72821il0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
upthestripes
November 6, 2011, 3:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from mr viv
A weekend of from watching my beloved mariners me and my mate took the kids to the KC. God you do realise how far we have fallen and could have honestly cried. Daft things like you have to park miles away from the ground after spending ages looking for a spot two hours before kick off,people milling about two hours before kick off with chippys bookies newsagents pubs all busting at the seams with people. Walking down all the lovely walkways to the magnificent stadium in a steady but continuous stream of people. Waiting to pick up my tickets for ten minutes and then informing one of the many helpful staff my ref number which had been very helpfully txt to me. We then enter the stadium and find our seats and there are actually people sat next to me and people sat around me as far asthe eye can see........WEIRD!! Out come the teams to a barrage of music and screaming and shouting from the guy on the mic, you know really pumping up the atmosphere in the ground and getting eveyone in the swing of things great!! As for the football oh my god this is the iceing on the cake as to how we have fallen, all comfortable on the ball the passing the movement the space all players seemed to have unreal compared to the driffel we watch.The away end full of fans and the banter and the singing between both sets of fans was great and the best chant was 2000 west ham fans singing to hull fans who were streaming out with 5 mins to go 2 is there a fire drill is there a fire drill!! All in all a really sad eye opener for me and my lad as to how far we have fallen,how we have failed to move with the times and been left more than standing. How a footy match is suppose to be with atmosphere and people there etc,will we ever be back and see things like that again??.....deffo NO is the answer we are screwed big time but i will be back in the swing of things next week at vale and for the rest of the season supporting my town my team its what i and many others on here do but yesterdays experience does make me very very sad....UTM 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live in Hull but never been tempted to go to a tahgers match. Precisely because it would leave me feeling sick, as it sounds like it did  you.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
upthestripes
November 6, 2011, 3:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from STB

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hull City v WHU

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.