Abdul19
November 6, 2011, 9:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,589
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mark GTFC
you wanna go to st james park to see newcastle play absolutely fantastic ! 50000 people atmosphere amazing pubs packed out

Newcastle don't play at St James Park. In the same way Grimsby don't play at Blundell's Park.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
Limerick Mariner
November 6, 2011, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from BiloLCFC

Absolutely spot on.

The Crumbie Terrace sold out is a great atmosphere, had many a good afternoon there.

The Kop at Filbert Street (lower tier of the stand on my avatar for the unaware) was genuinely superb. I grew up on the terraces watching Premiership and European football and if it was half as intimidating for the opposition as it was fun for us, I can't imagine anyone looking to Leicester away very much. Chelsea paying a visit was always 'lively' if you know what I mean.

Yes as an away fan Filbert was never an entirely comfortable place to go. My first visit however was when Town took over three sides of Filbert when we played Southampton in a second replay there in about 1976. Wisely Lawrie Mac didn't want to toss a coin for the second replay venue - he knew very well that Tuesday night at a packed Blundell Park would be like a cauldron. We pretty much made Filbert Street one that night but Soton outplayed us to win 4-1.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hull City v WHU

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.