Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 121 Guests

New Chairman?

This thread currently has 8,865 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
marinernige
September 22, 2011, 8:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Mike Parker can not appoint a new chairman at the moment, because he is not on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
September 22, 2011, 8:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from marinernige
Mike Parker can not appoint a new chairman at the moment, because he is not on the board.

Does the board appoint a chairman or is it the shareholders?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 96
marinernige
September 22, 2011, 8:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
According to Kate, only board members can appoint a chair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 96
tarka
September 22, 2011, 8:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
lol....there's nothing like stating the obvious but it is a point most people seem to have missed!  The biggest shareholder doesn't appoint the Chairman, the board does.  Unless there is some agreement between MP and the board then this will need either an EGM or we will have to wait for the AGM in November!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 96
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 8:24pm
Guest User
Didn't someone say Parker could call an EGM any time he wanted and put his own people in ?
Anyone know if that's true ?
Reply: 4 - 96
Guttedgate
September 22, 2011, 8:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
What Mike Parker needs to do is place somebody on the board as his rep and then become chair of the club that way!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 96
MarinerKate
September 22, 2011, 8:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
There's only two ways to appoint a new director, one is a decision by the existing board which is no good to Parker. The other way is by special resolution at a EGM, this would require 75% of shareholders to agree to the appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 96
tarka
September 22, 2011, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Guttedgate
What Mike Parker needs to do is place somebody on the board as his rep and then become chair of the club that way!

It isn't quite as simple as that...first of all he would need to call an EGM (unless the current Board were agreeable which is highly unlikely) and then populate the Board with people to do his bidding.  At the end of the day, the board appoint the Chairman.  It's certainly doable but has implications including JFs loans to the Club.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 96
Garth
September 22, 2011, 8:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Guttedgate

Can`t though can he? new member has to be proposed seconded and voted on to the board, its not a dictatorship----yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 96
Quagmire
September 22, 2011, 8:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MarinerKate
There's only two ways to appoint a new director, one is a decision by the existing board which is no good to Parker. The other way is by special resolution at a EGM, this would require 75% of shareholders to agree to the appointment.

So Fenty could scupper any attempt by Parker to get someone on the board as long as he holds 26% or more of the shares?

Bit of a pickle then really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 96
tashee69
September 22, 2011, 8:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +971
Gold Stars: 23
How many shares do you need to become a boardmember, I have 1 £100 share  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 96
leicmariner
September 22, 2011, 8:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +4
My understanding was it didn't matter how many shares you have but you did have to be able to act as a guarantor for a certain amount of cash but I cant remember how much that was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 96
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerKate
The other way is by special resolution at a EGM, this would require 75% of shareholders to agree to the appointment.

So bascially, Parker can't clear the board out even if he wanted to unless he buys unissued/other people's shares to give him(or with minority shareholder support) the 75% he needs ?

By my calcs: (which I'm sure are innacurate but not too massively wrong)

Parker 883,375
Fenty  500,000
Other  252,505

assuming "Other" ALL vote with Parker that makes 61.3%.

Meaning Parker would need to find AT THE VERY MINIMUM another 13.7% (i.e. approx £240,000 assuming they weren't unissued shares which would increase the total no of shares).

First impression - if practically achievable to acquire those shares(is it ?), not impossible !

Fenty might have been concerned with Parker increasing his shareholding IF he was getting to a stage that the "balance of power" was being threatened.

Assume here Parker buys unissued shares ONLY (Would the club say "no you can't buy them" ?)

Let's say Parker buys another 500,000 - that means Fenty will be down to appox 21.25 % meaning that Fenty will need approx 3.75% to get him over the 25% line, which translates to 88,194 of 252,505 minority support, which is in effect is 35%  (note these minority figures are quite sensitive and not too reliable)

If Parker buys say an extra 1,000,000 shares then he's up to 71.45% needing 3.55% = 93573 out of 252505
i.e. needing 37% minority shareholder support.

If Parker buys 1,500,000 shares then he reaches the magic figure taking him to 76 % !

So basically Parker can buy the club for £1,500,000 ?

If he dosn't want to spend that much, it's still achievable ?
How much extra cash Parker needs to splash is dependant on the number of minority shareholders that support Fenty ?

I just wonder, is this the reason BigChris was telling fans to buy shares ?.......
Reply: 12 - 96
KK_DOG
September 22, 2011, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Yes but if that happens which is unlikely. Fenty will want his loans back and if Parker can't or won't pay them then we go into Administration
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 96
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 9:30pm
Guest User
But Fenty said his loans would never endanger the club ?
Reply: 14 - 96
KK_DOG
September 22, 2011, 9:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Do you believe he would walk away leaving his loans ? Do you believe anything Fenty says ? He talks in riddles and uses spin.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 96
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 9:40pm
Guest User
You mean would Fenty pull the rug from under GTFC making a fresh start with renewed investment and leadership after EVERYTHING he's ever said about wanting new investment, Parker to take the chair, his loans being "benign" and putting the best interests of GTFC first ?!!!  
Reply: 16 - 96
KK_DOG
September 22, 2011, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I mean exactly that, and I think he would.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 22, 2011, 10:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Sack the Board!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 96
80sglory
September 22, 2011, 10:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from KK_DOG
I mean exactly that, and I think he would.

Well many others don't...

What's the reason for your initial comment ? How do we know it's not just scare tactics ?

What are you saying:
"We should not seek fresh investment because of the possibility of Fenty doing the unthinkable in the future" ?

I'd rather let the fornicator go bust than be held to ransom !  
Reply: 19 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 22, 2011, 10:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from KK_DOG
Do you believe he would walk away leaving his loans ? Do you believe anything Fenty says ? He talks in riddles and uses spin.

it called being a tory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 96
KK_DOG
September 23, 2011, 12:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Well many others don't...

What's the reason for your initial comment ? How do we know it's not just scare tactics ?

What are you saying:
"We should not seek fresh investment because of the possibility of Fenty doing the unthinkable in the future" ?

I'd rather let the fornicator go bust than be held to ransom !  

1.Many others don't ? Perhaps we need a poll
2. The reason is because of what he has done I do not trust what he says.
3.I am not saying that at all you have made that bit up
4.That's a tough call, that's because Fenty is still holding th ace cards.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 12:20am
Guest User
Fair enough then.

I wasn't saying you'd said anything, I was just asking if what I said was what you actually meant.

I agree it's a tough call.
Without wanting to sound negative, maybe it depends if you think the end is likely anyway if Fenty has to fund the club alone and won't meet the losses ?

There was a similar poll (when Fenty resigned) relating to whether Fenty would "pull his money out" to which a large majority said no.
Reply: 22 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 2:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from 1600

So bascially, Parker can't clear the board out even if he wanted to unless he buys unissued/other people's shares to give him(or with minority shareholder support) the 75% he needs ?

By my calcs: (which I'm sure are innacurate but not too massively wrong)

Parker 883,375
Fenty  500,000
Other  252,505

Parker has 1,000,000 shares. That has been reported and confirmed several times. He had 500,000 and doubled his shareholding

If you listened to Mike Parker' s interview on RH he indicated that Fenty still had to put in £350,000, but of the money he has put in some was a loan, some was in shares.

Do your maths again with the following shares...

Parker 1,000,000
Fenty 600,000
Other 252,505 or there abouts

Sod it, I'll do it for you...

Parker 53.98%
Fenty 32.39%
Others 13.63%

And all these theories about EGMs are rubbish. Why would Parker force the issue by that route and be seen to have blood on his hands when he can sit tight for 2 months and have the whole board (all 3 that remain) resign en-masse at the AGM in November. Fenty has already promised to quit the board if it drags on to the AGM after all, so why on earth would Parker want to force him out himself and be made to look the bad guy?

And you have to consider that we are 3 days into this and Fenty has already released 2 long winded, rambling statements which only served to make him look foolish. Do you think Fenty can keep his mouth (keyboard) shut for 2 whole months? Unfortunately for himself, Fenty isn't media savvy and resorts to silly reactionary responses and statements. Parker on the other hand will keep his mouth shut and just let Fenty get on with it.

Fenty has also refused to be interviewed on Radio presumably because he doesn't want to answer any tough questions and be cross examined. Parker on the other hand gave a very good interview on RH and managed to dodge questions he couldn't/shouldn't answer without sounding like a petulant schoolkid- something Fenty has failed to do on previous occasions.

The fact of the matter is that both Fenty and Parker would both cover the club against losses, but not whilst the other is in situe. It's simply a power struggle until one or other is removed from the picture.

George Kerr actually said something very inciteful on Tuesday's sport report programme. He realised and pointed out that Mike Parker is a very shrewd operator. He (Parker) basically challenged Fenty to match his shareholding to sort out the issue of him owning more shares knowing full well that Fenty wouldn't do it because it wouldn't alter the real issue for Fenty- that he has no overall control of the club and no way of regaining it.

My prediction for what it's worth...

This will rumble on until the AGM. Fenty will either quit as a director at the AGM or just prior to it. Unless either Chapman or Elsom or both come out in support of Parker in the meantime both of them will quit too and Parker will be left with a free reign to appoint his own board of directors and chairman. And I would be amazed if he didn't rejoin the board himself once Fenty is gone from it, although maybe not immediately. I think Fenty's days of influence are over.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 96
September 23, 2011, 7:28am
Guest User
Very interesting analysis, Golly - nice post.

We're just seeing a good old-fashioned power struggle between two multi-millionaires both desperate to keep/gain control of a highly-prized possession - the jewel of English football - Grimsby Town Football Club!
(OK the jewel's a bit tarnished but I'm sure it could sparkle again if rubbed up in the right way. Couldn't we all...   )

I don't trust Tories full stop, and as I've posted here there's nothing to get enthusiastic about Fenty's reign as chairman. BUT JF has devoted years of his life, enormous amounts of effort/hard work and lots of money in the cause of GTFC. He could have spent his time on a tropical beach sipping Pina Coladas, let's not forget - he's wealthy enough! So to suggest he will now not act in the best interests of our club is not being fair to the guy IMO.

I'm not sufficiently insightful (Golly, please note) to know what will happen - but like Golly I can't see a quick fix happening. Might be best if we all view this as a series of Dallas, rather than an episode.

Most important thing for the club right now is three points off Wrexham tomorrow. UTM!!
Reply: 24 - 96
ROKERITE
September 23, 2011, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

it called being a tory

Yes, oh for a trustworthy Labour Chairman like Oxford had in Robert Maxwell. There's a reliable Labourite not far from Grimsby back on the job market this week; stand up all those who'd like Elliot Morley running GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 96
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 8:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
I honestly think now this mess has gone this far Fenty going to be like a loose cannon meaning if he doesnt like what Parkers doing he'll do what ever he wants.Who thought Fenty would do this but he has so now hes got his loans as a barganing tool now to try and get what he wants because if he wants his loans back that forces Parkers hand more as the club will definately go into admin without Parker doing something.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2011, 8:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from the Grimbarian
I honestly think now this mess has gone this far Fenty going to be like a loose cannon meaning if he doesnt like what Parkers doing he'll do what ever he wants.Who thought Fenty would do this but he has so now hes got his loans as a barganing tool now to try and get what he wants because if he wants his loans back that forces Parkers hand more as the club will definately go into admin without Parker doing something.

the loans are benign fenty (con) has allways said this,no reason not to belieive him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 96
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

the loans are benign fenty (con) has allways said this,no reason not to belieive him

Trouble is it's not a cast iron guarantee, the vagueness of that 'benign' comment could be taken at face value (less likely in light of his recent comments and admissions) or seen as part of his grip on power, that they are benign only while he is Chairman.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 96
Biccys
September 23, 2011, 9:02am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
I THINK Dapperz was being sarcastic.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 96
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 9:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,278
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Parker has 1,000,000 shares. That has been reported and confirmed several times. He had 500,000 and doubled his shareholding

If you listened to Mike Parker' s interview on RH he indicated that Fenty still had to put in £350,000, but of the money he has put in some was a loan, some was in shares.

Do your maths again with the following shares...

Parker 1,000,000
Fenty 600,000
Other 252,505 or there abouts

Sod it, I'll do it for you...

Parker 53.98%
Fenty 32.39%
Others 13.63%

And all these theories about EGMs are rubbish. Why would Parker force the issue by that route and be seen to have blood on his hands when he can sit tight for 2 months and have the whole board (all 3 that remain) resign en-masse at the AGM in November. Fenty has already promised to quit the board if it drags on to the AGM after all, so why on earth would Parker want to force him out himself and be made to look the bad guy?

And you have to consider that we are 3 days into this and Fenty has already released 2 long winded, rambling statements which only served to make him look foolish. Do you think Fenty can keep his mouth (keyboard) shut for 2 whole months? Unfortunately for himself, Fenty isn't media savvy and resorts to silly reactionary responses and statements. Parker on the other hand will keep his mouth shut and just let Fenty get on with it.

Fenty has also refused to be interviewed on Radio presumably because he doesn't want to answer any tough questions and be cross examined. Parker on the other hand gave a very good interview on RH and managed to dodge questions he couldn't/shouldn't answer without sounding like a petulant schoolkid- something Fenty has failed to do on previous occasions.

The fact of the matter is that both Fenty and Parker would both cover the club against losses, but not whilst the other is in situe. It's simply a power struggle until one or other is removed from the picture.

George Kerr actually said something very inciteful on Tuesday's sport report programme. He realised and pointed out that Mike Parker is a very shrewd operator. He (Parker) basically challenged Fenty to match his shareholding to sort out the issue of him owning more shares knowing full well that Fenty wouldn't do it because it wouldn't alter the real issue for Fenty- that he has no overall control of the club and no way of regaining it.

My prediction for what it's worth...

This will rumble on until the AGM. Fenty will either quit as a director at the AGM or just prior to it. Unless either Chapman or Elsom or both come out in support of Parker in the meantime both of them will quit too and Parker will be left with a free reign to appoint his own board of directors and chairman. And I would be amazed if he didn't rejoin the board himself once Fenty is gone from it, although maybe not immediately. I think Fenty's days of influence are over.

very interesting analysis golly, although don't think your maths are quite right.both 80s glory and i have come up with basically the same figures, using the starting point of 500,000 shares each and then working out how the oft mentioned 54% figure could be made to work - think we differ on the miscellaneous share ownership figures.
apart from that seems pretty logical and i deffo agree with you on the personality traits involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 96
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Oh I know, the smilie showed that. But the point is the major one that's getting to me, is it a full on no-quibble guarantee or is it applicable only while he is in power ? I'm finding myself more bemused and puzzled with every 'factual' statement that our (ex) Chairman makes. Has he been asked this, or will there be a chance for someone to put it to him ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 96
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 9:31am

Exile
Quoted from RoboCod
Oh I know, the smilie showed that. But the point is the major one that's getting to me, is it a full on no-quibble guarantee or is it applicable only while he is in power ? I'm finding myself more bemused and puzzled with every 'factual' statement that our (ex) Chairman makes. Has he been asked this, or will there be a chance for someone to put it to him ?

i'm sure he's going to say that his loans are benign, but trouble with fenty if he 'goes off on one' then god knows what he'd decide to do!
golly (again) has made some excellent points on fenty's political considerations, which I think may be a fairly big factor in his present situation. the other point is that fenty does have to be alittle bit careful - certainly I'd be a bit more diplomatic in my utternaces and decisions in such a matter knowing that everybody knew who my family was and where I lived. it would be quite easy to imagine fenty's life being very uncomfortable if he were to decide to 'go nuclear' and that has to be some sort of brake on what he can do, as is the negative effect of media coverage viz a vis his political ambitions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 96
petethemariner
September 23, 2011, 10:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I believe it was Fentys intention never to call in these loans,(whilst he was Chairman, or a board-member anyway)  but if this turns out to be the boardroom bloodbath it might, i really fear he may change his mind, in which case without Parker or another covering  the  reimbursement of these loans, GTFC will cease to exist.
Not a nice thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 96
tarka
September 23, 2011, 10:37am
Table Wine Drinker
The impression I got from JF was that he would never put the club in jeapordy by instantly recalling his loans.  He is not, however, in a position to continue to pump funds in the club on his own, particularly if the controlling shareholder refuses to do so.  That seems to be the main reason for his resignation.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 96
mariner91
September 23, 2011, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,740
Gold Stars: 262
If he does recall the loans at some point I will be furious. He's had to loan us so much because of his poor management.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 10:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

very interesting analysis golly, although don't think your maths are quite right.both 80s glory and i have come up with basically the same figures, using the starting point of 500,000 shares each and then working out how the oft mentioned 54% figure could be made to work - think we differ on the miscellaneous share ownership figures.
apart from that seems pretty logical and i deffo agree with you on the personality traits involved

Parker stated just after he left the board that he would [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9421612.stm]double his shareholding[/url]. He confirmed he had done this to [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00k7qkp/Sports_Talk_20_09_2011/]BBC RH on Tuesday[/url]. Therefore he owns 1,000,000 shares.

Fenty has invested £150,000 or so of his £500,000. The fact that Parker has 1,000,000 shares and that equates to just under 54% indicates that a further 100,000 shares in GTFC have also been issued. I think it is safe to assume that Fenty has so far this season bought 100,000 shares and made a loan for the other £50,000.

I am sure Fenty will confirm this is one of the many statements he will churn out in the near future. After all he reads all the GTFC message boards and fan sites and responds to them doesn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 96
petethemariner
September 23, 2011, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Hope your impression is right Tarka and Fenty is good to his word, i just worry if all this gets nasty, he will change his mind to cause Parker and any new board as much trouble as possible - was this never reclaiming his loans statement subject to him being at least on the board? Find it hard to believe that,  even if he sells  all his shares  he would  be prepared to leave probably a seven figure sum in the club, after severing all ties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 96
Perkins
September 23, 2011, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Whilst not wishing to call either Fenty or Parker liars, i feel both are being economical with the truth. For me, it's not what they are both saying, more what they are not saying. I doubt we will ever really know the real truth about what caused eithers resignations, and the reason behind the acrimony that has caused this sorry state of affairs. Unfortunately these days, and perhaps it's due to the fact that football is now all about business, we don't seem to have honourable chairmen anymore, and by that i mean people who care more for the reputation and good standing of the club rather than their own self interest. Unfortunately this latest farce, is all about Fenty and Parker rather than GTFC and is distracting from whats happening on the pitch. I don't profess to know about share issues or the constitution of the board, and i don't wish to, all i want is to be able to go along to Blundell Park and watch my team, win, lose or draw,(preferably win) and at the moment i am able to do so. But, unless the people supposedly running this club start acting honourably instead of childishly, i fear i'm not going to be able to do this for much longer.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 96
Kris Mustampa
September 23, 2011, 11:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I think JF has simply had enough and this is compounded by the fact he is no longer the major shareholder and has no control.

The two seem at loggerheads and JF is known as a stubborn illegitimate, (i cannot speak of MP).

Unless MP or someone else (highly unlikely imo) buys out JF's shares or preferably repays his loans at an agreed level we are fooked. I just cant see JF easing quietly into the background.

As far as his political ambitions are concerned I wouldnt have thought he will be looking at a 'local seat'. Once he gets party approval a suitable seat will be found for him to seek election
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 11:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Perkins
Whilst not wishing to call either Fenty or Parker liars, i feel both are being economical with the truth. For me, it's not what they are both saying, more what they are not saying. I doubt we will ever really know the real truth about what caused eithers resignations, and the reason behind the acrimony that has caused this sorry state of affairs. Unfortunately these days, and perhaps it's due to the fact that football is now all about business, we don't seem to have honourable chairmen anymore, and by that i mean people who care more for the reputation and good standing of the club rather than their own self interest. Unfortunately this latest farce, is all about Fenty and Parker rather than GTFC and is distracting from whats happening on the pitch. I don't profess to know about share issues or the constitution of the board, and i don't wish to, all i want is to be able to go along to Blundell Park and watch my team, win, lose or draw,(preferably win) and at the moment i am able to do so. But, unless the people supposedly running this club start acting honourably instead of childishly, i fear i'm not going to be able to do this for much longer.  

The truth is Parker quit the board because he no longer wants to work with Fenty. He wants to go it alone and seek investment externally.

Parker very cleverly invested his £500,000 in shares knowing Fenty would be unwilling to match it and that it would leave him with overall control. Then last week Parker informed Fenty he wasn't willing to bankroll the club in the same way as this season- ie the club has to be run within it's means. Parker knew Fenty wouldn't bankroll the club on his own whilst there is a larger shareholder around. Suddenly the Takeover Panel are involved (most probably by Fenty himself) and Fenty uses it as a smoke screen for quitting as Chairman.

Parker holds all the aces as Fenty has no viable way of removing him from his position and rightly won't fund a club another person controls. Parker has very cleverly boxed Fenty into a corner from which there is no way out of which involves either staying as Chairman or even on the board.

Maybe Fenty isn't as naive as Parker has made him look and is infact looking to use this as a way out of the club? But based on his ridiculous, over the top, reactionary statements I tend to think this isn't the case and it is actually that Parker has been too clever for Fenty andout maneuvered him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 96
sonik
September 23, 2011, 11:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The truth is Parker quit the board because he no longer wants to work with Fenty. He wants to go it alone and seek investment externally.

Parker very cleverly invested his £500,000 in shares knowing Fenty would be unwilling to match it and that it would leave him with overall control. Then last week Parker informed Fenty he wasn't willing to bankroll the club in the same way as this season- ie the club has to be run within it's means. Parker knew Fenty wouldn't bankroll the club on his own whilst there is a larger shareholder around. Suddenly the Takeover Panel are involved (most probably by Fenty himself) and Fenty uses it as a smoke screen for quitting as Chairman.

Parker holds all the aces as Fenty has no viable way of removing him from his position and rightly won't fund a club another person controls. Parker has very cleverly boxed Fenty into a corner from which there is no way out of which involves either staying as Chairman or even on the board.

Maybe Fenty isn't as naive as Parker has made him look and is infact looking to use this as a way out of the club? But based on his ridiculous, over the top, reactionary statements I tend to think this isn't the case and it is actually that Parker has been too clever for Fenty andout maneuvered him.

I wouldn't be so sure with MP holding all the aces folkes.  JF's sweated blood and tears for this club for many years as many know. Although not many on here give him any credit for this. John has always tried to do the right thing as to try make GTFC successful as it can be and for many years to come. Some will say look where we are and laugh but to for sure there are rocky times ahead and massive decisions to be made in the near future.  If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term.  I and others hope this can be resolved behind the scenes but if Mike won't commit one way or the other or say what agenda he has this will all come out in public and maybe not reflect well with regard some of the aces people think Mike has.

UTM!!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from sonik

I wouldn't be so sure with MP holding all the aces folkes.  JF's sweated blood and tears for this club for many years as many know. Although not many on here give him any credit for this. John has always tried to do the right thing as to try make GTFC successful as it can be and for many years to come. Some will say look where we are and laugh but to for sure there are rocky times ahead and massive decisions to be made in the near future.  If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term.  I and others hope this can be resolved behind the scenes but if Mike won't commit one way or the other or say what agenda he has this will all come out in public and maybe not reflect well with regard some of the aces people think Mike has.

UTM!!

So what exactly does Fenty have that makes his position strong? How can we regain the club and get rid of Parker? How much money would that take?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 96
Perkins
September 23, 2011, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but how do we know that's the truth? none of us mere mortals were at the meeting when he resigned. We may THINK that's the truth but is it?. Sorry, i don't believe Parker any more than i believe Fenty. Parker may well want to go it alone, and seek external investment. I hope he does, but what if he can't get it? Like i said, all i care about is having a club to support.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 96
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 12:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

I appreciate what your saying Sonik but with John wanting to progress in the political world, how would he find time to make an impact on both fronts?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 44 - 96
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 12:13pm

Exile
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

interesting sonik.have to agree with the first half of your post.as i've said before i wouldn't have put up with what your brother has had to put up with. i'll give you 1 good example where i'd have told em to stuff it and walk away - home game where he'd done an admission offer, think it was afiver to get in. big crowd, jf is at the front of the Findus and there are people, not thanking him for the cheap offer, berating him because the bar wasn't open!!!
be interested to know what cards jf still has to play. think if he has any he should take the advice to calm down a bit before laying them!
i'll just play devil's advocate for a moment - don't take it personally
  'If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term' - christ, in 7 years of jf we've gone down from league 1 to the bottom end of the bsp so god knows where we'd be after another 7 years!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 96
rancido
September 23, 2011, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,641
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from mariner91
If he does recall the loans at some point I will be furious. He's had to loan us so much because of his poor management.

This is nothing new to this club - I seem to recall one of the Ramsdens wanting a loan back from the club when he stopped being chairman and he wanted it immediately.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So what exactly does Fenty have that makes his position strong? How can we regain the club and get rid of Parker? How much money would that take?

His loans make his position fairly strong, as Parker will surely not want to pay them back nor does Fenty deserve them, but they are a massive stumbling block to any potential takeover, it means fenty can demand the money or the ground. It is just sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

The fact that John is still involved in any kind of decisions regarding the club worries me as time and time again he has proved himself incompetent.

Who is going to look where we are and laugh, I despair at the damage done to the club by the ex chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 96
Garth
September 23, 2011, 5:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Quoted from headingly_mariner

His loans make his position fairly strong, as Parker will surely not want to pay them back nor does Fenty deserve them, but they are a massive stumbling block to any potential takeover, it means fenty can demand the money or the ground. It is just sick.

Oh dear! its a bit like bites the hand thats fed them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 5:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Oh dear! its a bit like bites the hand thats fed them

Is someone gonna reimburse the fans ticket money for the last 7 years?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 96
1mickylyons
September 23, 2011, 5:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

Whatever reflects off Parker it will be very difficult for him to be held in a worse light than John and his disastrous reign of the last 7 years nothing but a catalouge of failure on and off the pitch that has culminated in this latest farcial stand off.Good riddance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2011, 5:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

fenty (con) asked for investmentbut appears you cannot have a say if you do invest,ill be keeping my tenner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 5:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Fenty has already promised to quit the board if it drags on to the AGM after all, so why on earth would Parker want to force him out himself and be made to look the bad guy?

Has he promised ?!!  

Fenty said:
"If this issue is not resolved prior to the AGM on the 24th of November, then shareholders will be asked how they would like the Board to proceed. If the matter is not resolved by this date, Mr Fenty will most likely stand down from being a director joining the ranks with other shareholders at the meeting."

Quoted from GollyGTFC

Is "no overall control" the issue ?
Parker isn't in the boardroom and can't affect anything unless he's on the board or gains 75% support ?
I guess this is why Fenty might be worried about any increase in shareholding - not that he wasn't making the decisions because he clearly was and may still be if he returns.

Given sonik's comments it doesn't sound like Fenty is going to roll over.
So I wouldn't be too sure all these theories about EGMs are rubbish ?

Wouldn't suprise me if Parker was trying to assemble a new board right now but it's only guesswork...
Reply: 53 - 96
Marinerz93
September 23, 2011, 8:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

Firstly thank you for joining the debate and giving a reasoned view.  It's obvious that either there has been a massive misunderstanding over the funding and how they would do it, ie shares / loans or one of them is lying.  I hope it's the misunderstanding option and it's quickly sorted.  

Allowing MP to have more shares is down to him and the board so how can he say the position is untenable when he allowed it in the first place.

The whole thing stinks and JF is the one who is losing face and credibility.  

He may have stopped the club going into administration when he first became Chairman but he could be one of the main reasons the club ceases to exist.  Some legacy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 96
sonik
September 23, 2011, 8:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Firstly thank you for joining the debate and giving a reasoned view.  It's obvious that either there has been a massive misunderstanding over the funding and how they would do it, ie shares / loans or one of them is lying.  I hope it's the misunderstanding option and it's quickly sorted.  

Allowing MP to have more shares is down to him and the board so how can he say the position is untenable when he allowed it in the first place.

The whole thing stinks and JF is the one who is losing face and credibility.  

He may have stopped the club going into administration when he first became Chairman but he could be one of the main reasons the club ceases to exist.  Some legacy.

If you were in John's position would'nt you want some clarity on things going forward as to where the majority shareholder sits from the outside.  That is all John is asking. You would'nt put more funds in to someone elses business only to be ousted at a later date when things turn for the better or worse for that matter.  Lets be fair about it!

Private Message
Reply: 55 - 96
voice of reason
September 23, 2011, 8:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from sonik

If you were in John's position would'nt you want some clarity on things going forward as to where the majority shareholder sits from the outside.  That is all John is asking. You would'nt put more funds in to someone elses business only to be ousted at a later date when things turn for the better or worse for that matter.  Lets be fair about it!

Sonik, I appreciate that you're going to defend your brother, I think most would... But i'm sure if he wasn't your brother, then you too would have some serious doubts about JF and how this has all happened...

I'm not saying MP is innocent in all of this but I certainly agree with M93, JF is coming out of this looking worse in my opinion... I mean what is the deal with releasing private e-mails, surely even you can't defend that course of action can you...???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 9:00pm
Guest User
sonik,

If John was so concerned over "majority shareholding laying outside the board", then why didn't he raise the issue when Parker left the board ?

He admits himself:

"When Mr Parker left the board several things fundamentally changed. The concert party, he, and I working together (in Concert) had been broken. Share holder control did not sit within the board room. This was before any further shares had been issued."

Reading HIS OWN statement:

"Assuming I acquired the same number of shares which was never discussed, control would still remain outside of the board room. Mr Parker suggested in the interview that I could equate, this does not solve the problem."

Why has it taken 6 months ?!!
Reply: 57 - 96
Marinerz93
September 23, 2011, 9:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sonik

The issue is that John's resignation and untenable situation rests on the shares that he and the board allowed Mike Parker to buy.  I am being as fair as the facts are laid bare, he allowed himself and continues to allow himself to have less shares than MP.  This whole affair could be put to bed once and for all if John was to convert his benign loans into shares.  John for all his hard work and love for the club is turning himself into the Sword of Damocles that hangs over this club.

If there was a meeting to discuss funding and the like were are the minutes to help solve this fiasco.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 96
sonik
September 23, 2011, 9:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1600
sonik,

If John was so concerned over "majority shareholding laying outside the board", then why didn't he raise the issue when Parker left the board ?

He admits himself:

"When Mr Parker left the board several things fundamentally changed. The concert party, he, and I working together (in Concert) had been broken. Share holder control did not sit within the board room. This was before any further shares had been issued."

Reading HIS OWN statement:

"Assuming I acquired the same number of shares which was never discussed, control would still remain outside of the board room. Mr Parker suggested in the interview that I could equate, this does not solve the problem."

Why has it taken 6 months ?!!

Perhaps trust and in this together stood for something then. That's my guess and not fact!

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 9:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from sonik

Perhaps trust and in this together stood for something then. That's my guess and not fact!

Does he want his loans back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 9:13pm
Guest User
I am not sure what you are referring to.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the board approved his acquirement of those additional shares ?
Reply: 61 - 96
GrimRob
September 23, 2011, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,444
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from 1600
I am not sure what you are referring to.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the board approved his acquirement of those additional shares ?

They wouldn't have done if they had known MP's true plans. They were stitched up.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 9:21pm
Guest User
You mean this has happened since Parker reportedly sent John an e-mail saying:

"For your planning scenarios you should assume that my financial support will not continue beyond this season." ?
Reply: 63 - 96
Marinerz93
September 23, 2011, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

They wouldn't have done if they had known MP's true plans. They were stitched up.

I don't buy it GrimRob, you don't allow another person to become a majority share holder by being stitched up.  MP asks for shares, they discuss it then sign it off.  If they have allowed MP to become a major share holder by either ignorance or naivety then none of them deserve to be in the boardroom.

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 96
Ipswin
September 23, 2011, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

Not that you are biased of course!

And why the fuk do we want a new chairman in such a hurry anyway? We haven't had a good one since Paddy Hamilton (and he knew something about football unlike the outgoing idiot!)

Perhaps they ought to give the job to one of the other two muppets currently on the board, Honest John (Con) would still have less shares than Parker but I'm sure he could swallow his discomfort with one of the others in the chair. Fenty would be the largest shareholder actually on the board, Parker having childishly decided he doesn't want to return (allegedly) and could continue to run the show (into the ground) as his own personal fiefdom just as he has done for the past 10 years, pressurising the other two yes-men as necessary.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 9:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
Honest John (Con) would still have less shares than Parker but I'm sure he could swallow his discomfort with one of the others in the chair. Fenty would be the largest shareholder actually on the board, Parker having childishly decided he doesn't want to return (allegedly) and could continue to run the show (into the ground) as his own personal fiefdom just as he has done for the past 10 years, pressurising the other two yes-men as necessary.

Or is this issue that Parker won't return whilst JF is on the board ?

Easy to say Parker could pressurise the other 2 but what real influence could he have on them ?

Seems to me the problem is:

JF isn't willing to cover the losses by himself.
MP won't return until JF and/or the board have gone ?

sonik, is JF willing to let MP have his own way IF MP makes a guarantee of long term funding ?
Reply: 66 - 96
Ipswin
September 23, 2011, 10:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1600

Easy to say Parker could pressurise the other 2 but what real influence could he have on them ?

Read it again please - Fenty is in a position to pressurise the other two nomarks

Fenty, sitting as an ordinary board member (with one of the other two as chairman) would quite simply be able to have his own way as usual (without being chairman) simply because of a) his shareholding (I have more shares than the other two board members FFS) and b) his stronger personality

The only man able to stand up to him and now out vote him based on shareholding (which is what Fenty is sh!t scared of) is not even on the board

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 96
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2011, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

You Fentys have got some nerve I will give you that.

Not a trace of irony in the rubbish you spout.

If John IS a part in our future then God help us.

He has loaned us a lot of money,which he may or may not want back,but has the blood sweat and tears produced ANYTHING of any note?

A new broom needed I am afraid.

On a personal note,I do admire your staunch support for your brother,which is a very admirable trait.  
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 96
sonik
September 23, 2011, 10:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Or is this issue that Parker won't return whilst JF is on the board ?

Seems to me the problem is:

JF isn't willing to cover the losses by himself.
MP won't return until JF and/or the board have gone ?

sonik, is JF willing to let MP have his own way IF MP makes a guarantee of long term funding ?

I don't know 80s. I think it'll all come out in the wash so to speak. lol. I and we only hope things will be done to hopefully guarantee the future for GTFC long after we've gone.  UTM!

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 10:16pm
Guest User
Amen to that.
Thanks for your comments.
Reply: 70 - 96
Meza
September 23, 2011, 10:36pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Hasn't JF always used loans rather than shares? I think JF was always under the impression that he could convince MP back onto the board and has been going about his business in the usual way.  In the meantime MP has been devising a plan to take control and has possibly been lying to JF to keep him off the scent.  Now for all we know MP could of told JF that he might rejoin the board and so didn't think anything of it when he increased his shares, once it went through he changed his mind. Now that would have changed things with JF not being major shareholder he is now in a position were he would plough his money into the club when it's no longer his especially when MP said he has no intention on joining the board meaning he had no option but to quit (and part of me say I don't blame him).  Is this a cunning plan by MP to force JF out ?  Is the reason why JF has acted like this because his emotions are effecting his judgement ?  Is it because he feels betrayed or lied to?

What does JF need to do to regain control ? If he says that equalling MP shares would make no difference could it be that JF has allowed someone to increase their shares now knowing they are not interested in the club anymore?

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 96
petethemariner
September 23, 2011, 11:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
I could be worng Meza, but i d'ont think Fenty WANTS to regain control, he sees a club making huge losses
with no promise of anything else in the foreseable future and probably feels he has contributed enough.
Personally i d'ont think its Parker manipulating the situation, rather than Fenty - he has allowed Parker to
become major shareholder by not converting the money they apparently agreed to turn into shares ,rather than a loan which would maintain the 'status Quo.' share wise.
You wonder why he prefers to turn cash into loans rather than shares? Despite his promise loans can be called in if required, shares need to be sold and GTFC are not exactly investable at the moment, so not too mahy buyers!.
I find it incredulous  to believe that JF and the board were not aware Parker became major shareholder after approving his request for extra shares,(rather than a loan to the club)_, in the summer.
I really do believe this is a JF ploy for an exit, thats my opinion - time will tell if i am right or wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 96
KK_DOG
September 23, 2011, 11:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
If Fenty and Parker just sat round a table and talked to each other it would be a start. One or both are being very childish and for the good of the club it needs sorting out to stop all this speculation and uncertainty. What does each of them want and what do they want the other to do? Act like adults, stop playing with the future of our club.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 96
TownSNAFU5
September 23, 2011, 11:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
On a slightly different tangent to this "spat", who is going to represent the Club at the forthcoming court cases with Boston? The Club will need to allow sufficient time to prepare a good defensive case.    
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 96
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 23, 2011, 11:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
On a slightly different tangent to this "spat", who is going to represent the Club at the forthcoming court cases with Boston? The Club will need to allow sufficient time to prepare a good defensive case.    

Errrrr....and whose actions have put us in this position?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 96
TWAreaTownSupporter
September 23, 2011, 11:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from sonik

Let's be fair (and I applaud your brother for his efforts over the years) if he was worried about putting funds into someone else's business he would have bought shares like Parker rather than making "benign" loans. Why won't he convert some of the loans to equity and remove both the ownership problem and the doubts about his true intentions?

He's his own worst enemy.

Whether Parker is genuine or not John's looking like a muppet. He looks either naive/stupid or he's like a  conniving barsteward holding the sword of Damocles over the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 96
Meza
September 24, 2011, 8:25am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Yeah I'm started to sway a little away from JF.  I cannot forget the amount of hard work and money JF has dedicated to GTFC and things just didn't work out.  However there are 2 things that could potentially cause me some concern.

a) If MP cannot find someone to act in his stead then what ?  He has clearly stated he has no interest in GTFC, more like I have no interest whilst the board act like chimps.  So is he going to wait until November to clear the entire board and appoint his own team maybe.  But that does sound encouraging especially when the board (exc MP) had 3 members who never really contributed to anything and because JF was ploughing his money in these guys ultimately turned into yes men.

b) I don't like the fact JF is going to remain on the board as an ex chairman.  He has shown quite clearly might I add that his relationship with MP has deteriated otherwise this would have been resolved ages ago.  And secondly (for Racido) this is different to when PF stepped down why cos he was skint and had no animosity towards JF when he came on the board.  When you have people in a team regardless of the type of work is done if there is any unprofessionalism, bitching, etc the team may still operate but you would have one member poisoning others with his rather large knife.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 96
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2011, 10:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
The Boston case, if lost, would surely make JF's position untenable.

By the way, I admire your loyalty sonik if nothing else!
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 96
KK_DOG
September 24, 2011, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
It's all down to Fenty's loans. Fenty is not going to go while he has loans in the club unless he gets them back. There are three, options, someone else can pay them (unlikely). Fenty asks for the money back. (Says he won't but means administration if he does) (Possible) or he says thanks very much I'm off now keep the loan for the good of the club. (Almost impossible to imagine). So he has got a strangle hold on the club, no one else can or will take over while he is around. Fenty will then say, if anyone else wants to come in and take over then they are more than welcome. What he won't say is that if they do I want all my money back or I will still be wanting power even though I'm not the chairman but I am still on the board with my two men that will make a decision but soon change it to yes Mr Fenty if I tell them too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 96
costa del cleethorpes
September 24, 2011, 11:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from sonik

I don't know 80s. I think it'll all come out in the wash so to speak. lol. I and we only hope things will be done to hopefully guarantee the future for GTFC long after we've gone.  UTM!

if you dont go there wont be a future anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 96
September 24, 2011, 11:17am
Guest User
Blood sweat and tears for the club my bottom, sorry sonik but you are talking shite, if you'd said blood sweat and tears for his pet project fenty dome! And by doing this the club gets a bit of success on the way, i might o given u more credit. It's  well known fenty has always been in this for himself and all this being a life long fan who loves the club is bollox, Don't know which brother you are but i do know there are 2 brothers who are and always have been massive fans. Fenty ambitious plans have fell to pieces and know he wants out and as I have always said he wants will want his money back. I would really love for him to  prove me wrong and make a statement cancel righting off his loans for the good of the club or at least convert to shares.. Saviour of the club my bottom. Some people need to open their eyes a bit.
Reply: 81 - 96
Marinerz93
September 24, 2011, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KK_DOG
It's all down to Fenty's loans. Fenty is not going to go while he has loans in the club unless he gets them back. There are three, options, someone else can pay them (unlikely). Fenty asks for the money back. (Says he won't but means administration if he does) (Possible) or he says thanks very much I'm off now keep the loan for the good of the club. (Almost impossible to imagine). So he has got a strangle hold on the club, no one else can or will take over while he is around. Fenty will then say, if anyone else wants to come in and take over then they are more than welcome. What he won't say is that if they do I want all my money back or I will still be wanting power even though I'm not the chairman but I am still on the board with my two men that will make a decision but soon change it to yes Mr Fenty if I tell them too.

If JF states he wants his money back in a tantrum and we end up going the admin route he will get a fraction to nothing of what he has in benign loans and his shares won't be worth the paper they are printed on.  Parker has put money into the club as shares, Fenty has done a quarter shares, three quarters as benign loans.  JF may not have full control but now it seems he is more like Morgana than a Knight in shining armour.  JF now has the club in a Boston crab hold.  I believe that Parker regardless of what he does next will see Fenty's reputation destroyed.

Private Message
Reply: 82 - 96
KK_DOG
September 24, 2011, 11:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
I like the bityou said about a Fenty statement cancelling his loans. That would help us all.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 24, 2011, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

If JF states he wants his money back in a tantrum and we end up going the admin route he will get a fraction to nothing of what he has in benign loans and his shares won't be worth the paper they are printed on.  Parker has put money into the club as shares, Fenty has done a quarter shares, three quarters as benign loans.  JF may not have full control but now it seems he is more like Morgana than a Knight in shining armour.  JF now has the club in a Boston crab hold.  I believe that Parker regardless of what he does next will see Fenty's reputation destroyed.

i think the last bit is bang on the money
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 96
Chris
September 24, 2011, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Sonik is spot on about financing the club as a minority shareholder while the majority shareholder refuses to commit funding beyond the current season. This has being going on for months though, from when Parker publicly announced he was buying more shares (quite why he did that is anyone's guess).

Why buy all these shares and then quit when he did (to sabotage the appointment of the next manager?). I asked Mr Fenty in May about this set up and to his credit he kept quiet about his real feelings but he did ask me what I would do in his shoes. It wasnt a request for advise, he was asking me to answer my own question I think. I know what I would have done back then and it's not a million miles away from what John has done now.

Fenty's critics should ask themselves what they would do in his position.

I don't like people who are underhand and Parker comes across that way. I might be doing him a disservice but his behaviour has left me very wary of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 96
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2011, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chris

I don't like people who are underhand and Parker comes across that way. I might be doing him a disservice but his behaviour has left me very wary of him.

Maybe Mike Parker has reasons to keep his cards close to his chest. I'll happily admit being a critic of Fenty, but that doesn't mean have to have the answers. For sure, there are things in the accounts which point to him looking after himself.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 25, 2011, 6:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

The loans are secured on the ground, he has the club by its bollox.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 96
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2011, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The loans are secured on the ground, he has the club by its bollox.

I firmly believe that MP has seen off better men than John Fenty!
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 96
80sglory
September 25, 2011, 9:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
I asked Mr Fenty in May about this set up and to his credit he kept quiet about his real feelings but he did ask me what I would do in his shoes. It wasnt a request for advise, he was asking me to answer my own question I think. I know what I would have done back then and it's not a million miles away from what John has done now.

Well for a start you don't blow large amounts of money on a massive budget and then say no-one is prepared to meet the losses halfway through the season.
If Fenty assumed it wasn't a problem because Parker was in it for the long haul and would pick up the tab later, then in hindsight it looks like complete stupidity when he had already resigned from the board.

Reply: 89 - 96
FishOutOfWater
September 26, 2011, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from sonik

Now just where have I heard this before......
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 90 - 96
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 11:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Not that it matters now but the accounts indicate I was more right than you and 80sglory.

The shares at the time were...

Parker 1,000,000 (approx 54%)
Fenty 575,000 (approx 31%)
Elsom 25,500 (approx 1.4%)
Chapman 500 (approx 0.03%)

So, the extra £100,000 I estimated Fenty had bought were actually split £75k to Fenty and £25 to Elsom. I imagine Elsom's £25k was invested to repay Furneaux's director's loan.

The shares at the current time would appear to be...

Fenty 575,000 (approx 31%)
GTST 522,000 (approx 28%)
Parker 500,000 (approx 27%)
Elsom 25,500 (approx 1.4%)
Chapman 500 (approx 0.03%)

Now, unless something changes (GTST getting a seat or Parker rejoining the board) more than 50% of shares will still be outside the boardroom. As this was the stated reason for Fenty quitting, should he become Chairman again without this issue being sorted out he will be a hypocrit.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 91 - 96
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 11:24am
Guest User
Thanks for posting, interesting.

I wonder, is it possible GTST could sell some of their shares to JF ?

I guess a seat on the board looks unlikely...

Or alternatively, maybe neither will matter.
Reply: 92 - 96
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 11:27am

Whiskey Drinker
I have edited my original statistics to include the 22,000 shares the GTST already owned.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 96
forza ivano
November 7, 2011, 12:26pm

Exile
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I have edited my original statistics to include the 22,000 shares the GTST already owned.

not arguing with you golly but aren't there thousands of shares owned by others?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 96
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 1:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

not arguing with you golly but aren't there thousands of shares owned by others?

The total issued shares is in the region of £1.85m, meaning there are approximately £225,000 (around 12%) belonging to A.N. Other.

I only put in figures for directors and significant others (in red text).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 95 - 96
Super Clive
November 7, 2011, 2:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Cheers golly for your time and effort mate makes this very confusing situation a little less .

Cheers mate utm
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 96
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.