Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

New Chairman?

This thread currently has 8,861 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
costa del cleethorpes
September 24, 2011, 11:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from sonik

I don't know 80s. I think it'll all come out in the wash so to speak. lol. I and we only hope things will be done to hopefully guarantee the future for GTFC long after we've gone.  UTM!

if you dont go there wont be a future anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 96
September 24, 2011, 11:17am
Guest User
Blood sweat and tears for the club my bottom, sorry sonik but you are talking shite, if you'd said blood sweat and tears for his pet project fenty dome! And by doing this the club gets a bit of success on the way, i might o given u more credit. It's  well known fenty has always been in this for himself and all this being a life long fan who loves the club is bollox, Don't know which brother you are but i do know there are 2 brothers who are and always have been massive fans. Fenty ambitious plans have fell to pieces and know he wants out and as I have always said he wants will want his money back. I would really love for him to  prove me wrong and make a statement cancel righting off his loans for the good of the club or at least convert to shares.. Saviour of the club my bottom. Some people need to open their eyes a bit.
Reply: 81 - 96
Marinerz93
September 24, 2011, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KK_DOG
It's all down to Fenty's loans. Fenty is not going to go while he has loans in the club unless he gets them back. There are three, options, someone else can pay them (unlikely). Fenty asks for the money back. (Says he won't but means administration if he does) (Possible) or he says thanks very much I'm off now keep the loan for the good of the club. (Almost impossible to imagine). So he has got a strangle hold on the club, no one else can or will take over while he is around. Fenty will then say, if anyone else wants to come in and take over then they are more than welcome. What he won't say is that if they do I want all my money back or I will still be wanting power even though I'm not the chairman but I am still on the board with my two men that will make a decision but soon change it to yes Mr Fenty if I tell them too.

If JF states he wants his money back in a tantrum and we end up going the admin route he will get a fraction to nothing of what he has in benign loans and his shares won't be worth the paper they are printed on.  Parker has put money into the club as shares, Fenty has done a quarter shares, three quarters as benign loans.  JF may not have full control but now it seems he is more like Morgana than a Knight in shining armour.  JF now has the club in a Boston crab hold.  I believe that Parker regardless of what he does next will see Fenty's reputation destroyed.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 96
KK_DOG
September 24, 2011, 11:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I like the bityou said about a Fenty statement cancelling his loans. That would help us all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 24, 2011, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Marinerz93

If JF states he wants his money back in a tantrum and we end up going the admin route he will get a fraction to nothing of what he has in benign loans and his shares won't be worth the paper they are printed on.  Parker has put money into the club as shares, Fenty has done a quarter shares, three quarters as benign loans.  JF may not have full control but now it seems he is more like Morgana than a Knight in shining armour.  JF now has the club in a Boston crab hold.  I believe that Parker regardless of what he does next will see Fenty's reputation destroyed.

i think the last bit is bang on the money
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 96
Chris
September 24, 2011, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Sonik is spot on about financing the club as a minority shareholder while the majority shareholder refuses to commit funding beyond the current season. This has being going on for months though, from when Parker publicly announced he was buying more shares (quite why he did that is anyone's guess).

Why buy all these shares and then quit when he did (to sabotage the appointment of the next manager?). I asked Mr Fenty in May about this set up and to his credit he kept quiet about his real feelings but he did ask me what I would do in his shoes. It wasnt a request for advise, he was asking me to answer my own question I think. I know what I would have done back then and it's not a million miles away from what John has done now.

Fenty's critics should ask themselves what they would do in his position.

I don't like people who are underhand and Parker comes across that way. I might be doing him a disservice but his behaviour has left me very wary of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 96
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2011, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chris

I don't like people who are underhand and Parker comes across that way. I might be doing him a disservice but his behaviour has left me very wary of him.

Maybe Mike Parker has reasons to keep his cards close to his chest. I'll happily admit being a critic of Fenty, but that doesn't mean have to have the answers. For sure, there are things in the accounts which point to him looking after himself.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 25, 2011, 6:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Marinerz93

The loans are secured on the ground, he has the club by its bollox.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 96
MuddyWaters
September 25, 2011, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The loans are secured on the ground, he has the club by its bollox.

I firmly believe that MP has seen off better men than John Fenty!
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 96
80sglory
September 25, 2011, 9:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chris
I asked Mr Fenty in May about this set up and to his credit he kept quiet about his real feelings but he did ask me what I would do in his shoes. It wasnt a request for advise, he was asking me to answer my own question I think. I know what I would have done back then and it's not a million miles away from what John has done now.

Well for a start you don't blow large amounts of money on a massive budget and then say no-one is prepared to meet the losses halfway through the season.
If Fenty assumed it wasn't a problem because Parker was in it for the long haul and would pick up the tab later, then in hindsight it looks like complete stupidity when he had already resigned from the board.

Reply: 89 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.