Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

New Chairman?

This thread currently has 8,860 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 9:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Parker has 1,000,000 shares. That has been reported and confirmed several times. He had 500,000 and doubled his shareholding

If you listened to Mike Parker' s interview on RH he indicated that Fenty still had to put in £350,000, but of the money he has put in some was a loan, some was in shares.

Do your maths again with the following shares...

Parker 1,000,000
Fenty 600,000
Other 252,505 or there abouts

Sod it, I'll do it for you...

Parker 53.98%
Fenty 32.39%
Others 13.63%

And all these theories about EGMs are rubbish. Why would Parker force the issue by that route and be seen to have blood on his hands when he can sit tight for 2 months and have the whole board (all 3 that remain) resign en-masse at the AGM in November. Fenty has already promised to quit the board if it drags on to the AGM after all, so why on earth would Parker want to force him out himself and be made to look the bad guy?

And you have to consider that we are 3 days into this and Fenty has already released 2 long winded, rambling statements which only served to make him look foolish. Do you think Fenty can keep his mouth (keyboard) shut for 2 whole months? Unfortunately for himself, Fenty isn't media savvy and resorts to silly reactionary responses and statements. Parker on the other hand will keep his mouth shut and just let Fenty get on with it.

Fenty has also refused to be interviewed on Radio presumably because he doesn't want to answer any tough questions and be cross examined. Parker on the other hand gave a very good interview on RH and managed to dodge questions he couldn't/shouldn't answer without sounding like a petulant schoolkid- something Fenty has failed to do on previous occasions.

The fact of the matter is that both Fenty and Parker would both cover the club against losses, but not whilst the other is in situe. It's simply a power struggle until one or other is removed from the picture.

George Kerr actually said something very inciteful on Tuesday's sport report programme. He realised and pointed out that Mike Parker is a very shrewd operator. He (Parker) basically challenged Fenty to match his shareholding to sort out the issue of him owning more shares knowing full well that Fenty wouldn't do it because it wouldn't alter the real issue for Fenty- that he has no overall control of the club and no way of regaining it.

My prediction for what it's worth...

This will rumble on until the AGM. Fenty will either quit as a director at the AGM or just prior to it. Unless either Chapman or Elsom or both come out in support of Parker in the meantime both of them will quit too and Parker will be left with a free reign to appoint his own board of directors and chairman. And I would be amazed if he didn't rejoin the board himself once Fenty is gone from it, although maybe not immediately. I think Fenty's days of influence are over.

very interesting analysis golly, although don't think your maths are quite right.both 80s glory and i have come up with basically the same figures, using the starting point of 500,000 shares each and then working out how the oft mentioned 54% figure could be made to work - think we differ on the miscellaneous share ownership figures.
apart from that seems pretty logical and i deffo agree with you on the personality traits involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 96
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Oh I know, the smilie showed that. But the point is the major one that's getting to me, is it a full on no-quibble guarantee or is it applicable only while he is in power ? I'm finding myself more bemused and puzzled with every 'factual' statement that our (ex) Chairman makes. Has he been asked this, or will there be a chance for someone to put it to him ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 96
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 9:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from RoboCod
Oh I know, the smilie showed that. But the point is the major one that's getting to me, is it a full on no-quibble guarantee or is it applicable only while he is in power ? I'm finding myself more bemused and puzzled with every 'factual' statement that our (ex) Chairman makes. Has he been asked this, or will there be a chance for someone to put it to him ?

i'm sure he's going to say that his loans are benign, but trouble with fenty if he 'goes off on one' then god knows what he'd decide to do!
golly (again) has made some excellent points on fenty's political considerations, which I think may be a fairly big factor in his present situation. the other point is that fenty does have to be alittle bit careful - certainly I'd be a bit more diplomatic in my utternaces and decisions in such a matter knowing that everybody knew who my family was and where I lived. it would be quite easy to imagine fenty's life being very uncomfortable if he were to decide to 'go nuclear' and that has to be some sort of brake on what he can do, as is the negative effect of media coverage viz a vis his political ambitions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 96
petethemariner
September 23, 2011, 10:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I believe it was Fentys intention never to call in these loans,(whilst he was Chairman, or a board-member anyway)  but if this turns out to be the boardroom bloodbath it might, i really fear he may change his mind, in which case without Parker or another covering  the  reimbursement of these loans, GTFC will cease to exist.
Not a nice thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 96
tarka
September 23, 2011, 10:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
The impression I got from JF was that he would never put the club in jeapordy by instantly recalling his loans.  He is not, however, in a position to continue to pump funds in the club on his own, particularly if the controlling shareholder refuses to do so.  That seems to be the main reason for his resignation.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 96
mariner91
September 23, 2011, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,731
Gold Stars: 262
If he does recall the loans at some point I will be furious. He's had to loan us so much because of his poor management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 10:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,041
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from forza ivano

very interesting analysis golly, although don't think your maths are quite right.both 80s glory and i have come up with basically the same figures, using the starting point of 500,000 shares each and then working out how the oft mentioned 54% figure could be made to work - think we differ on the miscellaneous share ownership figures.
apart from that seems pretty logical and i deffo agree with you on the personality traits involved

Parker stated just after he left the board that he would [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/grimsby_town/9421612.stm]double his shareholding[/url]. He confirmed he had done this to [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00k7qkp/Sports_Talk_20_09_2011/]BBC RH on Tuesday[/url]. Therefore he owns 1,000,000 shares.

Fenty has invested £150,000 or so of his £500,000. The fact that Parker has 1,000,000 shares and that equates to just under 54% indicates that a further 100,000 shares in GTFC have also been issued. I think it is safe to assume that Fenty has so far this season bought 100,000 shares and made a loan for the other £50,000.

I am sure Fenty will confirm this is one of the many statements he will churn out in the near future. After all he reads all the GTFC message boards and fan sites and responds to them doesn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 96
petethemariner
September 23, 2011, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Hope your impression is right Tarka and Fenty is good to his word, i just worry if all this gets nasty, he will change his mind to cause Parker and any new board as much trouble as possible - was this never reclaiming his loans statement subject to him being at least on the board? Find it hard to believe that,  even if he sells  all his shares  he would  be prepared to leave probably a seven figure sum in the club, after severing all ties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 96
Perkins
September 23, 2011, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Whilst not wishing to call either Fenty or Parker liars, i feel both are being economical with the truth. For me, it's not what they are both saying, more what they are not saying. I doubt we will ever really know the real truth about what caused eithers resignations, and the reason behind the acrimony that has caused this sorry state of affairs. Unfortunately these days, and perhaps it's due to the fact that football is now all about business, we don't seem to have honourable chairmen anymore, and by that i mean people who care more for the reputation and good standing of the club rather than their own self interest. Unfortunately this latest farce, is all about Fenty and Parker rather than GTFC and is distracting from whats happening on the pitch. I don't profess to know about share issues or the constitution of the board, and i don't wish to, all i want is to be able to go along to Blundell Park and watch my team, win, lose or draw,(preferably win) and at the moment i am able to do so. But, unless the people supposedly running this club start acting honourably instead of childishly, i fear i'm not going to be able to do this for much longer.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 96
Kris Mustampa
September 23, 2011, 11:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +12 / -12
I think JF has simply had enough and this is compounded by the fact he is no longer the major shareholder and has no control.

The two seem at loggerheads and JF is known as a stubborn illegitimate, (i cannot speak of MP).

Unless MP or someone else (highly unlikely imo) buys out JF's shares or preferably repays his loans at an agreed level we are fooked. I just cant see JF easing quietly into the background.

As far as his political ambitions are concerned I wouldnt have thought he will be looking at a 'local seat'. Once he gets party approval a suitable seat will be found for him to seek election
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.