Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
Townforlife and 136 Guests

New Chairman?

This thread currently has 8,857 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 22, 2011, 10:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from KK_DOG
Do you believe he would walk away leaving his loans ? Do you believe anything Fenty says ? He talks in riddles and uses spin.

it called being a tory
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 96
KK_DOG
September 23, 2011, 12:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from 1600

Well many others don't...

What's the reason for your initial comment ? How do we know it's not just scare tactics ?

What are you saying:
"We should not seek fresh investment because of the possibility of Fenty doing the unthinkable in the future" ?

I'd rather let the fornicator go bust than be held to ransom !  

1.Many others don't ? Perhaps we need a poll
2. The reason is because of what he has done I do not trust what he says.
3.I am not saying that at all you have made that bit up
4.That's a tough call, that's because Fenty is still holding th ace cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 96
80sglory
September 23, 2011, 12:20am
Guest User
Fair enough then.

I wasn't saying you'd said anything, I was just asking if what I said was what you actually meant.

I agree it's a tough call.
Without wanting to sound negative, maybe it depends if you think the end is likely anyway if Fenty has to fund the club alone and won't meet the losses ?

There was a similar poll (when Fenty resigned) relating to whether Fenty would "pull his money out" to which a large majority said no.
Reply: 22 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 2:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,040
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from 1600

So bascially, Parker can't clear the board out even if he wanted to unless he buys unissued/other people's shares to give him(or with minority shareholder support) the 75% he needs ?

By my calcs: (which I'm sure are innacurate but not too massively wrong)

Parker 883,375
Fenty  500,000
Other  252,505

Parker has 1,000,000 shares. That has been reported and confirmed several times. He had 500,000 and doubled his shareholding

If you listened to Mike Parker' s interview on RH he indicated that Fenty still had to put in £350,000, but of the money he has put in some was a loan, some was in shares.

Do your maths again with the following shares...

Parker 1,000,000
Fenty 600,000
Other 252,505 or there abouts

Sod it, I'll do it for you...

Parker 53.98%
Fenty 32.39%
Others 13.63%

And all these theories about EGMs are rubbish. Why would Parker force the issue by that route and be seen to have blood on his hands when he can sit tight for 2 months and have the whole board (all 3 that remain) resign en-masse at the AGM in November. Fenty has already promised to quit the board if it drags on to the AGM after all, so why on earth would Parker want to force him out himself and be made to look the bad guy?

And you have to consider that we are 3 days into this and Fenty has already released 2 long winded, rambling statements which only served to make him look foolish. Do you think Fenty can keep his mouth (keyboard) shut for 2 whole months? Unfortunately for himself, Fenty isn't media savvy and resorts to silly reactionary responses and statements. Parker on the other hand will keep his mouth shut and just let Fenty get on with it.

Fenty has also refused to be interviewed on Radio presumably because he doesn't want to answer any tough questions and be cross examined. Parker on the other hand gave a very good interview on RH and managed to dodge questions he couldn't/shouldn't answer without sounding like a petulant schoolkid- something Fenty has failed to do on previous occasions.

The fact of the matter is that both Fenty and Parker would both cover the club against losses, but not whilst the other is in situe. It's simply a power struggle until one or other is removed from the picture.

George Kerr actually said something very inciteful on Tuesday's sport report programme. He realised and pointed out that Mike Parker is a very shrewd operator. He (Parker) basically challenged Fenty to match his shareholding to sort out the issue of him owning more shares knowing full well that Fenty wouldn't do it because it wouldn't alter the real issue for Fenty- that he has no overall control of the club and no way of regaining it.

My prediction for what it's worth...

This will rumble on until the AGM. Fenty will either quit as a director at the AGM or just prior to it. Unless either Chapman or Elsom or both come out in support of Parker in the meantime both of them will quit too and Parker will be left with a free reign to appoint his own board of directors and chairman. And I would be amazed if he didn't rejoin the board himself once Fenty is gone from it, although maybe not immediately. I think Fenty's days of influence are over.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 96
September 23, 2011, 7:28am
Guest User
Very interesting analysis, Golly - nice post.

We're just seeing a good old-fashioned power struggle between two multi-millionaires both desperate to keep/gain control of a highly-prized possession - the jewel of English football - Grimsby Town Football Club!
(OK the jewel's a bit tarnished but I'm sure it could sparkle again if rubbed up in the right way. Couldn't we all...   )

I don't trust Tories full stop, and as I've posted here there's nothing to get enthusiastic about Fenty's reign as chairman. BUT JF has devoted years of his life, enormous amounts of effort/hard work and lots of money in the cause of GTFC. He could have spent his time on a tropical beach sipping Pina Coladas, let's not forget - he's wealthy enough! So to suggest he will now not act in the best interests of our club is not being fair to the guy IMO.

I'm not sufficiently insightful (Golly, please note) to know what will happen - but like Golly I can't see a quick fix happening. Might be best if we all view this as a series of Dallas, rather than an episode.

Most important thing for the club right now is three points off Wrexham tomorrow. UTM!!
Reply: 24 - 96
ROKERITE
September 23, 2011, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

it called being a tory

Yes, oh for a trustworthy Labour Chairman like Oxford had in Robert Maxwell. There's a reliable Labourite not far from Grimsby back on the job market this week; stand up all those who'd like Elliot Morley running GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 96
the Grimbarian
September 23, 2011, 8:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
I honestly think now this mess has gone this far Fenty going to be like a loose cannon meaning if he doesnt like what Parkers doing he'll do what ever he wants.Who thought Fenty would do this but he has so now hes got his loans as a barganing tool now to try and get what he wants because if he wants his loans back that forces Parkers hand more as the club will definately go into admin without Parker doing something.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 96
dapperz fun pub
September 23, 2011, 8:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,047
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from the Grimbarian
I honestly think now this mess has gone this far Fenty going to be like a loose cannon meaning if he doesnt like what Parkers doing he'll do what ever he wants.Who thought Fenty would do this but he has so now hes got his loans as a barganing tool now to try and get what he wants because if he wants his loans back that forces Parkers hand more as the club will definately go into admin without Parker doing something.

the loans are benign fenty (con) has allways said this,no reason not to belieive him
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 96
RoboCod
September 23, 2011, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

the loans are benign fenty (con) has allways said this,no reason not to belieive him

Trouble is it's not a cast iron guarantee, the vagueness of that 'benign' comment could be taken at face value (less likely in light of his recent comments and admissions) or seen as part of his grip on power, that they are benign only while he is Chairman.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 96
Biccys
September 23, 2011, 9:02am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I THINK Dapperz was being sarcastic.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.