Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
Civvy at last and 117 Guests

New Chairman?

This thread currently has 8,858 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 11:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Perkins
Whilst not wishing to call either Fenty or Parker liars, i feel both are being economical with the truth. For me, it's not what they are both saying, more what they are not saying. I doubt we will ever really know the real truth about what caused eithers resignations, and the reason behind the acrimony that has caused this sorry state of affairs. Unfortunately these days, and perhaps it's due to the fact that football is now all about business, we don't seem to have honourable chairmen anymore, and by that i mean people who care more for the reputation and good standing of the club rather than their own self interest. Unfortunately this latest farce, is all about Fenty and Parker rather than GTFC and is distracting from whats happening on the pitch. I don't profess to know about share issues or the constitution of the board, and i don't wish to, all i want is to be able to go along to Blundell Park and watch my team, win, lose or draw,(preferably win) and at the moment i am able to do so. But, unless the people supposedly running this club start acting honourably instead of childishly, i fear i'm not going to be able to do this for much longer.  

The truth is Parker quit the board because he no longer wants to work with Fenty. He wants to go it alone and seek investment externally.

Parker very cleverly invested his £500,000 in shares knowing Fenty would be unwilling to match it and that it would leave him with overall control. Then last week Parker informed Fenty he wasn't willing to bankroll the club in the same way as this season- ie the club has to be run within it's means. Parker knew Fenty wouldn't bankroll the club on his own whilst there is a larger shareholder around. Suddenly the Takeover Panel are involved (most probably by Fenty himself) and Fenty uses it as a smoke screen for quitting as Chairman.

Parker holds all the aces as Fenty has no viable way of removing him from his position and rightly won't fund a club another person controls. Parker has very cleverly boxed Fenty into a corner from which there is no way out of which involves either staying as Chairman or even on the board.

Maybe Fenty isn't as naive as Parker has made him look and is infact looking to use this as a way out of the club? But based on his ridiculous, over the top, reactionary statements I tend to think this isn't the case and it is actually that Parker has been too clever for Fenty andout maneuvered him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 96
sonik
September 23, 2011, 11:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The truth is Parker quit the board because he no longer wants to work with Fenty. He wants to go it alone and seek investment externally.

Parker very cleverly invested his £500,000 in shares knowing Fenty would be unwilling to match it and that it would leave him with overall control. Then last week Parker informed Fenty he wasn't willing to bankroll the club in the same way as this season- ie the club has to be run within it's means. Parker knew Fenty wouldn't bankroll the club on his own whilst there is a larger shareholder around. Suddenly the Takeover Panel are involved (most probably by Fenty himself) and Fenty uses it as a smoke screen for quitting as Chairman.

Parker holds all the aces as Fenty has no viable way of removing him from his position and rightly won't fund a club another person controls. Parker has very cleverly boxed Fenty into a corner from which there is no way out of which involves either staying as Chairman or even on the board.

Maybe Fenty isn't as naive as Parker has made him look and is infact looking to use this as a way out of the club? But based on his ridiculous, over the top, reactionary statements I tend to think this isn't the case and it is actually that Parker has been too clever for Fenty andout maneuvered him.

I wouldn't be so sure with MP holding all the aces folkes.  JF's sweated blood and tears for this club for many years as many know. Although not many on here give him any credit for this. John has always tried to do the right thing as to try make GTFC successful as it can be and for many years to come. Some will say look where we are and laugh but to for sure there are rocky times ahead and massive decisions to be made in the near future.  If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term.  I and others hope this can be resolved behind the scenes but if Mike won't commit one way or the other or say what agenda he has this will all come out in public and maybe not reflect well with regard some of the aces people think Mike has.

UTM!!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 96
GollyGTFC
September 23, 2011, 11:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from sonik

I wouldn't be so sure with MP holding all the aces folkes.  JF's sweated blood and tears for this club for many years as many know. Although not many on here give him any credit for this. John has always tried to do the right thing as to try make GTFC successful as it can be and for many years to come. Some will say look where we are and laugh but to for sure there are rocky times ahead and massive decisions to be made in the near future.  If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term.  I and others hope this can be resolved behind the scenes but if Mike won't commit one way or the other or say what agenda he has this will all come out in public and maybe not reflect well with regard some of the aces people think Mike has.

UTM!!

So what exactly does Fenty have that makes his position strong? How can we regain the club and get rid of Parker? How much money would that take?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 96
Perkins
September 23, 2011, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but how do we know that's the truth? none of us mere mortals were at the meeting when he resigned. We may THINK that's the truth but is it?. Sorry, i don't believe Parker any more than i believe Fenty. Parker may well want to go it alone, and seek external investment. I hope he does, but what if he can't get it? Like i said, all i care about is having a club to support.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 96
Wrawby_Mariner
September 23, 2011, 12:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

I appreciate what your saying Sonik but with John wanting to progress in the political world, how would he find time to make an impact on both fronts?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 44 - 96
forza ivano
September 23, 2011, 12:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

interesting sonik.have to agree with the first half of your post.as i've said before i wouldn't have put up with what your brother has had to put up with. i'll give you 1 good example where i'd have told em to stuff it and walk away - home game where he'd done an admission offer, think it was afiver to get in. big crowd, jf is at the front of the Findus and there are people, not thanking him for the cheap offer, berating him because the bar wasn't open!!!
be interested to know what cards jf still has to play. think if he has any he should take the advice to calm down a bit before laying them!
i'll just play devil's advocate for a moment - don't take it personally
  'If John isn't a part of that I really fear for our club long term' - christ, in 7 years of jf we've gone down from league 1 to the bottom end of the bsp so god knows where we'd be after another 7 years!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 96
rancido
September 23, 2011, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,633
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from mariner91
If he does recall the loans at some point I will be furious. He's had to loan us so much because of his poor management.

This is nothing new to this club - I seem to recall one of the Ramsdens wanting a loan back from the club when he stopped being chairman and he wanted it immediately.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So what exactly does Fenty have that makes his position strong? How can we regain the club and get rid of Parker? How much money would that take?

His loans make his position fairly strong, as Parker will surely not want to pay them back nor does Fenty deserve them, but they are a massive stumbling block to any potential takeover, it means fenty can demand the money or the ground. It is just sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 96
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2011, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from sonik

UTM!!

The fact that John is still involved in any kind of decisions regarding the club worries me as time and time again he has proved himself incompetent.

Who is going to look where we are and laugh, I despair at the damage done to the club by the ex chairman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 96
Garth
September 23, 2011, 5:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from headingly_mariner

His loans make his position fairly strong, as Parker will surely not want to pay them back nor does Fenty deserve them, but they are a massive stumbling block to any potential takeover, it means fenty can demand the money or the ground. It is just sick.

Oh dear! its a bit like bites the hand thats fed them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.