9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Chris
September 21, 2011, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
[i]Parker didn't say he wouldn't bankroll the club after this season.He said he wouldn't make a commitment to,which is a subtle difference and mayhe he will make that commitment once other things have fallen into place.[/

Yes I thought I heard similar ginnywings.

I thought it was something like 'I won't finance it while I am not on the board' or words to that effect. Meaning he currently isn't on the board, so wouldn't. But with him potetially choosing his new Chairman he would be then in the driving seat so could then finance the club again.

No Parker stated with pin point clarity that he had no desire to either be Chaiman or even rejoin the board. He clearly stated things had changed in both his work and private life since he left the board and didnt have the time or desire to do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 82
Quagmire
September 21, 2011, 8:55am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Is it any wonder Parker doesn't want to rejoin the board when it's made up of a man who agrees to do one thing but does something completely different which engineers this current impasse along with his two puppets?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
forza ivano
September 21, 2011, 8:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Chris

No Parker stated with pin point clarity that he had no desire to either be Chaiman or even rejoin the board. He clearly stated things had changed in both his work and private life since he left the board and didnt have the time or desire to do it.

but that doesn't mean to say that he can't appoint someone to be chairman and still be the power behind the throne.

one point that hasn't been mentioned , and this is a bit convuluted , I know, but here goes.
P said that F still had to put in 350k of the 500k he promised to get the club through this season, and that F planned to do this in Dec /Jan.P said that he couldn't understand why, if the shareholding situation was the big problem, why F could not just buy shares to the value of 350k, so making him the majority shareholder again.
now, correct me if i'm wrong but if F became majority shareholder again, wouldn't he then be in the position that p now finds himself in? i.e. forced to offer to buy out all the other shares.If so p could say thank you very much, here's my sahres Mr f, thanks for doing business, and walk away with no financial loss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 82
voice of reason
September 21, 2011, 9:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Thinking about last night I wondered if this was JF trying to get out of a sinking ship with as much of his money as possible...

I am assuming that the rules regarding shareholding means that if there is a new majority shareholder, then they have to make an offer for all the other shares that have been purchased by other shareholders...???

As MP is now majority shareholder I believe he has to make an offer to other shareholders for their shares, including JF... Now I wonder if JF saw this as his opportunity to get out and maybe this is why he didn't match the shareholding of MP... By letting MP become majority shareholder JF would know that an offer for his shares would have to be made and therefore gives him his exit route out of the club with a large amount of his cash back...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 82
Garth
September 21, 2011, 9:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Chris

So why invest money in something you don`t want? my wife does that to me every Christmas, either he`s easily bored or does not know his own mind very worrying with rich Uncle Mike in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
Garth
September 21, 2011, 9:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from forza ivano

but that doesn't mean to say that he can't appoint someone to be chairman and still be the power behind the throne.

one point that hasn't been mentioned , and this is a bit convuluted , I know, but here goes.
P said that F still had to put in 350k of the 500k he promised to get the club through this season, and that F planned to do this in Dec /Jan.P said that he couldn't understand why, if the shareholding situation was the big problem, why F could not just buy shares to the value of 350k, so making him the majority shareholder again.
now, correct me if i'm wrong but if F became majority shareholder again, wouldn't he then be in the position that p now finds himself in? i.e. forced to offer to buy out all the other shares.If so p could say thank you very much, here's my sahres Mr f, thanks for doing business, and walk away with no financial loss?

Good point! its a giant game of chess the fans being the pawns
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
RoboCod
September 21, 2011, 9:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Parker, reading ever so slightly between the lines, didn't want anything to do with the CURRENT chairmanship or board. He would have come across as very cool and disinterested about the whole thing had he not intimated he had some potential chairmen and members in mind. This and his 54%, and the fact that he chose a lengthy interview rather than a short and to the point comment to the media that he has no interest in furthering his involvement at the club shows he's keeping his cards close until he can make a move. IMO.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
MyDogsThoughts
September 21, 2011, 9:35am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
This Dog sees a 'Cat and Mouse' game going on, sadly both players seem to think they are the Cat!

I just hope the Mouse that eventually gets eaten isn't GTFC.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
Super Clive
September 21, 2011, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from supertown
I think a number of you have assisted in the demise of gtfc with your hatred of John fenty.

Yep I think this sums it up.........

Open your eyes will you FFS
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 82
lew chaterleys lover
September 21, 2011, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from supertown
I think a number of you have assisted in the demise of gtfc with your hatred of John fenty.

I hate John Fenty but I have had absolutely nothing to do with our current plight thank you very much.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker Interview on the radio from 6pm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.