9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
upthestripes
September 20, 2011, 11:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from petethemariner
Surely though Ginny 'cutting our cloth' if things deteriorated, means part time and a very much reduced squad, in our outpost  location how could we recruit decent players on a part time basis when there are absolutely no jobs around here to supplement their incomes? IMO that would condemn us to non league indeterminently (no part time teams ever get promoted) and our fan base would dwindle to nothing.

I agree I think it would be a downward spiral with all funding coming from decreasing gate receipts.
What we need is an all-out appeal to the plastics in the town to help save their local team by giving their support to a team that actually needs it. Tug at them heart-strings (though not too hard as a lot of them are couch potatoes and would probably have a coronary)

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
Marinerz93
September 20, 2011, 11:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
MP resigned from the board because he was lied to.

JF resigns under false circumstances and let's face it, he has engineered his ticket out of the mess he has administered.

MP isn't at fault here, no wonder no one came forward if this is how JF and his puppets act.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
petethemariner
September 20, 2011, 11:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
[i]Parker didn't say he wouldn't bankroll the club after this season.He said he wouldn't make a commitment to,which is a subtle difference and mayhe he will make that commitment once other things have fallen into place.[/

Yes I thought I heard similar ginnywings.

I thought it was something like 'I won't finance it while I am not on the board' or words to that effect. Meaning he currently isn't on the board, so wouldn't. But with him potetially choosing his new Chairman he would be then in the driving seat so could then finance the club again.

Fair point Ginny/Peeler, but if MP is waiting for his chance to take total control, he will have lost a major financial contributor to a loss making business in  JF and unless he is willing to cover twice the investment (unless he can attract another investor) i cannot see him doing it.
Just my opinion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
Wrawby_Mariner
September 20, 2011, 11:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6

Fair point Ginny/Peeler, but if MP is waiting for his chance to take total control, he will have lost a major financial contributor to a loss making business in  JF and unless he is willing to cover twice the investment (unless he can attract another investor) i cannot see him doing it.
Just my opinion.

IF thats the way JF is acting, why would MP want to work with him??
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 63 - 82
petethemariner
September 20, 2011, 11:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

IF thats the way JF is acting, why would MP want to work with him??

To be honest i very much doubt he would want to now,i think this episode is an eye opener for Parker, who i freely admit isn't an angel, but which is why i said that another financial contributor is needed, because i  cannot see MP bearing it all.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
ginnywings
September 20, 2011, 11:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Surely though Ginny 'cutting our cloth' if things deteriorated, means part time and a very much reduced squad, in our outpost  location how could we recruit decent players on a part time basis when there are absolutely no jobs around here to supplement their incomes? IMO that would condemn us to non league indeterminently (no part time teams ever get promoted) and our fan base would dwindle to nothing.

But surely that is preferable to no team at all?

Where there's life there's hope and all that.I'm sure there are teams in this league who are full time on lesser gates than usand teams that have fallen further than us and come back stronger.

I don't really know,just looking at it with a positive eye instead of all the "we are doomed" comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
Shiver
September 20, 2011, 11:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
I'm no lawyer but reading this rule 9 makes me think that either Mike Parker is going to be obliged to buy out all other shareholders or reduce his stake in shares so that he does not have to make an obligatory offer...

So either Fenty loses control but gets paid for his shares at a rate set by the panel or Parker cedes control back to Fenty (obviously he'll have to be voted back as Chairman by the board but that only needs 2 votes... Chapman and Elsom )

Or they both walk away and lose millions? Can't see that happening!

Quoted from aaron rattray
as i said we have known each other since before i was born
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
petethemariner
September 20, 2011, 11:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Understand that mate, but i just  think that going part time would just be  a long lingering death - its not so bad
if we were Nottingham area for example, where there are plenty of decent players within short distances to pick up
on a part time basis - we d'ont have that luxury.
I am a supporter for 4 decades now and the last thing i want to see is GTFC's demise, suppose all we can do is pray somehow it doesn't come to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
supertown
September 21, 2011, 7:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
I think a number of you have assisted in the demise of gtfc with your hatred of John fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
Chris
September 21, 2011, 8:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from Marinerz93
MP resigned from the board because he was lied to.

JF resigns under false circumstances and let's face it, he has engineered his ticket out of the mess he has administered.

MP isn't at fault here, no wonder no one came forward if this is how JF and his puppets act.

Right.

So everything JF says is a lie and everything Parker says is Gospel. I think not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mike Parker Interview on the radio from 6pm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.