Reply: 70 - 78
Super Clive
September 20, 2011, 4:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
oh dear  

But let be guess the fans will get the intercourse called out of them for making this happen and is our own fault I can just see it now.

Not our fault Parker and Fenty are both childish playing games and point scoring is that our fault really ? did I personally or another GTFC fan Go up to fenty and say I'm taking your daughter unless you resign ? Nope he did it of his own back. So all you Fenty lovers who agree with fenty that the fans are to blame  should hold your head in shame.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
AndyGTFC
September 20, 2011, 4:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
God knows what is going on then. Doesn't sound good though. I guess we'll have to wait until 6 to hear Parker's side of the story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
AndyDarloFC
September 20, 2011, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from AndyGTFC
God knows what is going on then. Doesn't sound good though. I guess we'll have to wait until 6 to hear Parker's side of the story.

I would be worried if it was my team, I've been through enough shite with our ex mad chairmen. This with you, doesn't seem right at all.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 78
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 4:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

yes it is - and this is where i'm scratching my head, because this situation hasn't just reared its ugly head overnight. they have, it would appear to all and sundry,  been acting in concert ever since parker left the  board and started purchasing more shares which is, what, 3-6 months ago?

I don't know the ins and out but the statement said:

"On the 17th of September Mr Fenty was questioned by the Take Over Panel, who were interested to know if Mr Parker remained in concert either with the Club or Mr Fenty, at the time when Mr Parker increased his shareholding in the Club, to just short of Fifty Four Percent.

"remained" seems to be implying they were before ?

So at what point may that have ceased ?
When Parker left the board ? When he increased his shareholding ?

I've read rule 9 and like all law, it's all very confusing....
Reply: 74 - 78
rancido
September 20, 2011, 5:01pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from GrimRob
Bill Carr never owned many shares and he was chairman

He was indeed and so was Furneaux under whos chairmanship we got relegated twice.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
RonMariner
September 20, 2011, 5:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,843
Gold Stars: 227
Very confusing situation.  I recall that some years that ago Fenty insisted on getting to 51% control of the club as a condition for future financial support. Then when Parker recently converted loans to shares, or puchased unissued shares, the maths changed and suddenly Fenty is in a minority.

I beieve that the takeover panel rules compell those that obtain a majority shareholding to make an offer for the remaining shares. So one possibility is that MP either has to buy Fenty out, or reduce his holding so that JF once again enjoys a majority holding. So Fenty either walks away with at least some cash or is back in control.

But who knows? Hopefully we will find out more at 6.00pm.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 6:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from 1600

I don't know the ins and out but the statement said:

"On the 17th of September Mr Fenty was questioned by the Take Over Panel, who were interested to know if Mr Parker remained in concert either with the Club or Mr Fenty, at the time when Mr Parker increased his shareholding in the Club, to just short of Fifty Four Percent.

"remained" seems to be implying they were before ?

So at what point may that have ceased ?
When Parker left the board ? When he increased his shareholding ?

I've read rule 9 and like all law, it's all very confusing....

depends on when he stepped over the threshold.
i go back again to the point that they have known this situation would happen long ago. it's not as if fenty gets a phone call out of the blue on friday or saturday and it's the first he's heard about it. this is where i'm confused.i just wonder whether the takeover panel's intervention has forced their hand and fenty ,mindful of more poor publicity plus the fact that he was piissed off with doing the job anyway has suddenly gone off on one of his fenty strops, threw his toys out of the pram and resigned on a whim

from parker's initial comments my last sentence looks like it might be close to the truth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
Simariner
September 20, 2011, 10:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Just listened to the interview for the second time.

Doesn't look good for the future of GTFC if no-one is found
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker doesn't want the chair

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.