upthestripes
September 20, 2011, 3:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

read above post.

Start painting like a b*stard Wrawbz and exchange them for shares then we can get control through you

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 3:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from tarka

I don't pretend to know very much about these things but aren't the Takeover Panel alerted as a matter of routine whenever share transactions greater than £100,000 take place?

i don't know the criteria either, but it's difficult to believe that neither P or F would be ignorant of the rules.Both have been in business for many years and no doubt retain legal advice .
the way its being presented, it all has that weary gtfc feeling of cok up rather than conspiracy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 3:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
To be honest I would imagine both knew about it...but I really don't think this is about the Takeover Panel anyway.  As I said yesterday, it seems to be about a board of directors trying to run a company while the controlling shareholder refuses to have any part in that process whilst, at the same time, the incumbant Chairman seems to have grown increasingly tired of the role and seems to be putting his sanity, health and bank balance first.  Maybe that's a simplistic reading of the situation - who knows?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 3:46pm

Exile
Quoted from tarka
To be honest I would imagine both knew about it...but I really don't think this is about the Takeover Panel anyway.  As I said yesterday, it seems to be about a board of directors trying to run a company while the controlling shareholder refuses to have any part in that process whilst, at the same time, the incumbant Chairman seems to have grown increasingly tired of the role and seems to be putting his sanity, health and bank balance first.  Maybe that's a simplistic reading of the situation - who knows?

maybe the takover panel intervention has brought things to head quicker than F&P  wanted. this has forced the issue, as the takeover panel has a wide range of powers http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/the-code/compliance
as fenty has political considerations to take into account he may well be very keen to avoid any action from the takeover panel. however whilst i think you underestimate the intervention of an investigative body i am sure that you are right about the personal element. i'm amazed he has kept wasting his money and having all the heartache,pressure and abuse that it entails- i know i could think of a hundred better ways of spending my millions!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 3:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
I haven't underestimated the possible powers of the Panel (although I have heard them being described as "toothless" by some). I just feel that if anyone had anything to fear from them it, it would be Mike Parker as he appears to be the one making the takeover.  Once again...I could very easily be wrong!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 3:55pm

Exile
i'm sure you're right about parker, but fenty would realise that an investigation by the takeover panel/fsa doesn't look good for a conservative councillor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 3:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm sure you're right about parker, but fenty would realise that an investigation by the takeover panel/fsa doesn't look good for a conservative councillor

I thought it was an automatic process in this sort of situation with large numbers of shares being purchased resulting in a new controlling shareholder?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
jock dock tower
September 20, 2011, 4:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Maybe he (Parker) wants to build a new langoustine factory on BP? When he took the Scottish operation over to Thailand it was "cost beneficial" - doubt it is any more. Must be thousands of folk now wanting to get frostbitten fingers for the minimum wage, hand peeling those beauties, as the recession bites?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
forza ivano
September 20, 2011, 4:15pm

Exile
Quoted from tarka

I thought it was an automatic process in this sort of situation with large numbers of shares being purchased resulting in a new controlling shareholder?

yes it is - and this is where i'm scratching my head, because this situation hasn't just reared its ugly head overnight. they have, it would appear to all and sundry,  been acting in concert ever since parker left the  board and started purchasing more shares which is, what, 3-6 months ago?
so surely 2 experienced businessmen have known for months that their arrangement was ultimately untenable ? so why has fenty suddenly upped sticks without  a plan of action in place?
nothing adds up at the moment and i'm still trying to work out if its conspiracy or cok up. just hope that parker, who is obviously the man holding most of the cards, knows what he is doing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker doesn't want the chair

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.