8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
September 20, 2011, 2:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
If Fenty does come back as Chair it will be for the sake of the club not self interest and its a big IF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Perkins
September 20, 2011, 2:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from tarka

He has bought shares (a lot of them!). That means he has put a great deal of money in the club!!

Yes i appreciate that, but why does someone buy shares? usually as an investment, but hardly the case with Town i,m sure you will agree. The other reason people buy shares, especially 54% of them is to have a controlling interest, but at this moment in time, it doesn't appear he wants one. Anyway, most shareholders buy shares from other shareholders so that money does not go to the club, unless new shares are issued. Isn,t that one of the reasons why parker resigned in the first place because of the Directors on the board at that time blocking it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 2:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 1600

what worries me is why we're so short of money come Xmas.

Why are you surprised?!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 2:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Perkins

Yes i appreciate that, but why does someone buy shares? usually as an investment, but hardly the case with Town i,m sure you will agree. The other reason people buy shares, especially 54% of them is to have a controlling interest, but at this moment in time, it doesn't appear he wants one. Anyway, most shareholders buy shares from other shareholders so that money does not go to the club, unless new shares are issued. Isn,t that one of the reasons why parker resigned in the first place because of the Directors on the board at that time blocking it?

The shares that Mike Parker purchased were unissued, therefore the money went straight into the club.  Why Mike Parker resigned? You'll have to address that question to him...nobody is too sure!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 2:44pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from 1600

Yes to the first question.

2nd one, if forcing change means getting Parker to either relinquish shareolding or getting him back onto the board then it's change ?

I notice Fenty said:

"I don't expect anyone would expect the board or myself to keep putting in huge sums of money to keep the club afloat without having control of the club."

Right now I'll wager Fenty will be back in the hotseat later down the line.

But if the board all have an equal say, then the number of shares makes no difference on having a controlling interest, as all parties are equal... So is he putting all of the money in and other people can out vote him as to how it is spent?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
the Grimbarian
September 20, 2011, 2:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -22
Approval: -2
All Parker has done is converted his loans into shares trouble is Fenty knew this was going to happen sooner or later as Fenty himself commented on this when asked at the fans forum in the summer

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/awxlia.jpg[/IMG]                                                          

• In addition, it was requested for anyone involved with GTST to step away from the
negativity, and refrain from getting involved in any nastiness and backbiting that
seems commonplace on messageboards.

AN EPITAPH FOR ALL GTST MEMBERS

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
pseudonym
September 20, 2011, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from tarka

The shares that Mike Parker purchased were unissued, therefore the money went straight into the club.  Why Mike Parker resigned? You'll have to address that question to him...nobody is too sure!
Didn't he resign over the impending appointment of another manager (who he wanted here allegedly) after the Woods departure ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
meggietown
September 20, 2011, 2:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1600
Course he's fed up and you can sympathise to some extent.

But look at the possible timeline....

Fenty steps down
Fans panic "We're doomed !"
Parker doesn't want it
Fenty gets control then comes back to the pleasure of fans.

Not saying he doesn't deserve credit either but what worries me is why we're so short of money come Xmas.

your spot on there 80s just look at this thread parker getting slated in steps john our saviour again ,now the fans love him again an hes got them on his side again,very shrewd move but dangerous,all fentys way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
Perkins
September 20, 2011, 2:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from tarka

I didn't know they were unissued shares he bought, thanks for clarifying. Let's hope the situation soon becomes clearer regarding Parkers intentions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
pontoonlew
September 20, 2011, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
All I can think is that Parker is going to bring in somebody to do his donkey work and he will act as a sugar Daddy, he didn't think Fenty would be that person because they had differing views. He forces Fenty out and can now sit in until November and work out a plan of action. That is best case scenario.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker doesn't want the chair

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.