8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
September 20, 2011, 2:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Hasnt Parker invested in the youth team.  I could be wrong, thought i heard that at the start of the year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
Keelbysaint
September 20, 2011, 2:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from 1600

Fenty ?
Wouldn't suprise me but we'll see...

would't be a suprise at all. Am I right that at the moment the whole board gets an even vote? Could this be a way of Fenty trying to force change in the way that the club is run?? I hope someone is playing games like this and it will all come out shortly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
meggietown
September 20, 2011, 2:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 1600

Fenty ?
Wouldn't suprise me but we'll see...

exactly what i see,fenty has called parkers bluff to see what he wants being major shareholder an not getting involved in any aspect of the running of the club and sick of hearing everyone saying parker is our saviour an he will sort us out so john has played his cards down just to know were parker stands regrding been major shareholder an to let the fans see it out in open,ive no doubt in my mind fenty will be chairman in very near future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
tarka
September 20, 2011, 2:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Perkins

Agreed but my point is, i have never heard or read that Parker has put any of his own money into the club or acted as guarantor to cover the clubs debts.

He has bought shares (a lot of them!). That means he has put a great deal of money in the club!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 2:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from Keelbysaint

would't be a suprise at all. Am I right that at the moment the whole board gets an even vote? Could this be a way of Fenty trying to force change in the way that the club is run?? I hope someone is playing games like this and it will all come out shortly.

Yes to the first question.

2nd one, if forcing change means getting Parker to either relinquish shareolding or getting him back onto the board then it's change ?

I notice Fenty said:

"I don't expect anyone would expect the board or myself to keep putting in huge sums of money to keep the club afloat without having control of the club."

Right now I'll wager Fenty will be back in the hotseat later down the line.
Reply: 34 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Dan
He could well just be a busy man, without the time to run the club himself. I see no reason why he can't be majority shareholder whilst appointing his own chairman.

We had this sort of situation under the Ramsdens. It's not common but not all that unusual. Are all the owners of premier league clubs also the chairmen? Was Adam Pearson the major shareholder at Hull City? The point is more about how Parker uses his money.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
tarka
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from meggietown

exactly what i see,fenty has called parkers bluff to see what he wants being major shareholder an not getting involved in any aspect of the running of the club and sick of hearing everyone saying parker is our saviour an he will sort us out so john has played his cards down just to know were parker stands regrding been major shareholder an to let the fans see it out in open,ive no doubt in my mind fenty will be chairman in very near future

Maybe so, but the impression I got from him last night was that is just totally fed up with the post and all it entails.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
OneLove
September 20, 2011, 2:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
parker has done good by doing what he done by leaving his money in the club, without having a say. i hope the rest of them coffin dodgers on board also clear off too, may as well with there £500 investment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
MeanwoodMariner
September 20, 2011, 2:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from tarka

Maybe so, but the impression I got from him last night was that is just totally fed up with the post and all it entails.

Don't blame him one bit. He pours his heart and soul (and cash!) in to the club and he is despised. And some fans are surprised that Parker doesn't want the job!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
80sglory
September 20, 2011, 2:37pm
Guest User
Course he's fed up and you can sympathise to some extent.

But look at the possible timeline....

Fenty steps down
Fans panic "We're doomed !"
Parker doesn't want it
Fenty gets control then comes back to the pleasure of fans.

Not saying he doesn't deserve credit either but what worries me is why we're so short of money come Xmas.
Reply: 39 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parker doesn't want the chair

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.