rancido
September 12, 2011, 7:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Maringer
I think Makofo has certainly improved defensively this season as a whole so I'm not sure that Green has much to do with this. More likely that he's getting some decent coaching as his positioning does seem to be better most of the time.
That said, Green certainly looked a competent full-back and I wouldn't be upset to see him stay though I think it unlikely. I think Ridley is still a decent player at this level but his lack of pace can be a problem against some teams (especially combined with the general lack of pace across the back four). Green is a bit nippier which is helpful.

Unfortunately, as we've got no fahkin mahney, I doubt we'll be able to keep Green after the transfer window re-opens after Christmas.

The Dynamic Duo were quoted in the GET just prior to the start of the season that Makofo needed to work on his defending and they were trying to address that.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 91
Laceby Miller
September 12, 2011, 9:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from RoboCod

I can only say what I saw and that was a tidy display from Green and very ably supported at times from Makofo, who was getting stick a few weeks ago for not dropping back to help. Two wins and two blank sheets since Green started shows a much more settled defence for me, and with a bunch of players getting back to fitness and wanting to start I'm enjoying the moment (while it lasts).

I've just had a look through some of the comments on Green's performance. He'll be good for you, plus he's very consistent. Dun't remember him ever having a bad game at Rovrum. Pleased he's doing well so far. I still think we were wrong to release him. To the 'doubting' postee - yes he can defend and his positional play is very good: reads the game well for a young player. I'll check back in two weeks!

Private Message
Reply: 91 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.