1mickylyons
September 10, 2011, 10:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from BIGChris
Comprehensive win against a very poor team. In part perhaps that was because we made them look bad but they were a very limited team.

Really pleased with another clean sheet. That will be vital for confidence.

In honesty i thought we cruised through the game but glad we got the third, howerver fortunate, to put a realistic slant to the scoreline

I thought the injury to there centre back finished them Chris he was having a fine game til then i hope he recovers and keeps a clean sheet v The Imps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 91
shaunieboy
September 10, 2011, 10:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -3
i would just like to say a great performance from all today and must comment the ref had a really good game fair with all decisions and let the game flow but at last the lads gave the supporters something to talk about and i believe if we get behind this team and keep the positives we will be up there at the end of the season. i also believe we had a bit of luck today so maybe lady luck is with us at long last. keep faith and keep believing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 91
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 10:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Very slow trickle of posts tonight.
That's when you know all is well at GTFC

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 91
grimsby pete
September 10, 2011, 10:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Just got back to Suffolk,

Well worth the 14 hour trip, Had to buy my own pint in the Imp as Ponnyfan did not turn up again  

Hearn had a great game and he will score a hatful very soon,

The whole team played well and looked a different team than the One at Braintree,

Well done to the players and to S + H,

Keep this form up and we will end up near the top.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 91
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 10:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just got back to Suffolk,

Well worth the 14 hour trip, Had to buy my own pint in the Imp as Ponnyfan did not turn up again  

Hearn had a great game and he will score a hatful very soon,

The whole team played well and looked a different team than the One at Braintree,

Well done to the players and to S + H,

Keep this form up and we will end up near the top.

Has that swayed you to think more about the Wrexham game Pete?
I'll get you a drink don't worry. You can try some of that new beer the Imp are selling, it's clear and a bit flat but you'll enjoy it!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 91
grimsby pete
September 10, 2011, 10:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from upthestripes

Has that swayed you to think more about the Wrexham game Pete?
I'll get you a drink don't worry. You can try some of that new beer the Imp are selling, it's clear and a bit flat but you'll enjoy it!

Sorry Ian, I will not be able to make that one now,  ( In hospital next week for a op on my bum )

Kettering away and Cambridge away, will be my next games,

BUT

Hope to be back at the Park in the new year sometime.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 91
TownSNAFU5
September 10, 2011, 10:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
A really enjoyable game.  We seem to be getting it together as the players start to gell, fitness levels improve and players get use to to FT and BSP football.

I have posted after other games that am impressed with Hearn's alround play.   For a out and out goal-scorer last season, he is very good in other footy and forward-play skills. He said that his fitness and sharpness are still improving.  He has a lot of potential and is already converting this to better play. My MOM.

Pearson has also improved after the big step up.  He was close to being MOM.  Very solid and resolute in his heading and tackling.  Anybody else thinks that he runs like Lucio?

Everyone did well today.  Their number 27 found acres of space on their left wing, but they were reluctant to pass to him early in the game.  Like a re-run of the Darlo game.

The ref was very good and would not like to meet him on a dark night.  Pity we did not have him when (dirty) Fleetwood were here.

Great weather as well.  Although heavy rain all the way back, with thunder and lighting.  The perfect day at Blundell Park was complete during the HT draw.  I buy £5 of tickets every game and have never won anything in years.  I said to my brother "if that little kid does not draw my ticket out he should be taken away from his parents".  5 seconds later I had the first prize.   A nice £295>   Pity no more away fans to boost the winnings. Good for petrol money for other games.  

Hard to find fault with anything today though. Ironic Scotty banned himself from talking to fans who who would have said very positive things to him. Also well done Eagle.  His little cameo role was encouraging after it appeared he had fallen out with the managers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 91
upthestripes
September 10, 2011, 10:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sorry Ian, I will not be able to make that one now,  ( In hospital next week for a op on my bum )

Kettering away and Cambridge away, will be my next games,

BUT

Hope to be back at the Park in the new year sometime.

Oh right, okey doke mate. Next year then!
Good luck with your bum! (don't think I've ever said that to anyone before).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 91
RichMariner
September 10, 2011, 10:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
We were excellent today - here's my take on the game...

[url]http://wp.me/p1FK1u-15[/url]

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 58 - 91
Les Brechin
September 10, 2011, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,721
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
A really enjoyable game.  We seem to be getting it together as the players start to gell, fitness levels improve and players get use to to FT and BSP football.

I have posted after other games that am impressed with Hearn's alround play.   For a out and out goal-scorer last season, he is very good in other footy and forward-play skills. He said that his fitness and sharpness are still improving.  He has a lot of potential and is already converting this to better play. My MOM.

Pearson has also improved after the big step up.  He was close to being MOM.  Very solid and resolute in his heading and tackling.  Anybody else thinks that he runs like Lucio?

Everyone did well today.  Their number 27 found acres of space on their left wing, but they were reluctant to pass to him early in the game.  Like a re-run of the Darlo game.

The ref was very good and would not like to meet him on a dark night.  Pity we did not have him when (dirty) Fleetwood were here.

Great weather as well.  Although heavy rain all the way back, with thunder and lighting.  The perfect day at Blundell Park was complete during the HT draw.  I buy £5 of tickets every game and have never won anything in years. I said to my brother "if that little kid does not draw my ticket out he should be taken away from his parents".  5 seconds later I had the first prize.   A nice £295>   Pity no more away fans to boost the winnings. Good for petrol money for other games.  

Hard to find fault with anything today though. Ironic Scotty banned himself from talking to fans who who would have said very positive things to him. Also well done Eagle.  His little cameo role was encouraging after it appeared he had fallen out with the managers.

Aha, now I know who you are.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.