Just back

This thread currently has 7,866 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 3:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod
Green seems more vocal than Ridley.

I went to a lot of pre-season games and Ridley was probably the most vocal of the lot at times, always shouting "hold the line", organising etc - looks captain material (if he hasn't been already).

Seen a few other people say "Ridley will struggle to keep his place" etc which I think is a little premature.
Green looks good yes but can he defend ?
Don't think Saturday told us very much and there were one or two occasions vs Forest Green that worried me a bit.

And let's remember Ridley has done very well this season so far too.
So think it's a little early to say Green should be first choice just yet.
MP said Ridley could/should be back in training this week !  

Quoted from upthestripes
I'd love Green to sign but we've got no fackin maney

He may well strengthen the squad but fixed budgets are there for a very good reason - ask the chairman...  
Reply: 70 - 91
Devonmatt
September 12, 2011, 3:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
What is the position with Green at the moment?  Is he here on a month to month contract at the mo (apologies for being lazy)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 91
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 3:50pm
Guest User
Reply: 72 - 91
StiggsGTFC
September 12, 2011, 3:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +41
Quoted from upthestripes
I'd love Green to sign but we've got no fackin maney

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 91
bradzmilne
September 12, 2011, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Sadly i think the signing of green will very much depend on the result of the tribunal. Does anyone know whats up with church? i no he got that injury during pre season, but is he still not fully fit? or is artus getting in the side ahead of him?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 91
RoboCod
September 12, 2011, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 1600

I went to a lot of pre-season games and Ridley was probably the most vocal of the lot at times, always shouting "hold the line", organising etc - looks captain material (if he hasn't been already).

Seen a few other people say "Ridley will struggle to keep his place" etc which I think is a little premature.
Green looks good yes but can he defend ?
Don't think Saturday told us very much and there were one or two occasions vs Forest Green that worried me a bit.

I can only say what I saw and that was a tidy display from Green and very ably supported at times from Makofo, who was getting stick a few weeks ago for not dropping back to help. Two wins and two blank sheets since Green started shows a much more settled defence for me, and with a bunch of players getting back to fitness and wanting to start I'm enjoying the moment (while it lasts).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 91
Garth
September 12, 2011, 4:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from bradzmilne
Sadly i think the signing of green will very much depend on the result of the tribunal. Does anyone know whats up with church? i no he got that injury during pre season, but is he still not fully fit? or is artus getting in the side ahead of him?

Seemed OK Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 91
bradzmilne
September 12, 2011, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Garth

Seemed OK Saturday

well thats what i thought, his impressed me all the times ive seen him. Strange that hands we so desperate to get him if he ends up bench warming

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 91
80sglory
September 12, 2011, 4:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from RoboCod
I can only say what I saw and that was a tidy display from Green and very ably supported at times from Makofo, who was getting stick a few weeks ago for not dropping back to help. Two wins and two blank sheets since Green started shows a much more settled defence for me, and with a bunch of players getting back to fitness and wanting to start I'm enjoying the moment (while it lasts).

Of course, not trying to put down your own opinion, just adding my view too.
And yes, I totally agree with you about Makofo (though tbh I thought that was probably his worst performance of the season)

Quoted from bradzmilne
Does anyone know whats up with church? i no he got that injury during pre season, but is he still not fully fit? or is artus getting in the side ahead of him?

Maybe a bit of both.
Guess the managers will always want to try to gradually ease in any returning players from injury.
But when you're up against a side like H&Y at home, you probably want your best ball players on the pitch too.
Reply: 78 - 91
Maringer
September 12, 2011, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
I think Makofo has certainly improved defensively this season as a whole so I'm not sure that Green has much to do with this. More likely that he's getting some decent coaching as his positioning does seem to be better most of the time.

That said, Green certainly looked a competent full-back and I wouldn't be upset to see him stay though I think it unlikely. I think Ridley is still a decent player at this level but his lack of pace can be a problem against some teams (especially combined with the general lack of pace across the back four). Green is a bit nippier which is helpful.

Unfortunately, as we've got no fahkin mahney, I doubt we'll be able to keep Green after the transfer window re-opens after Christmas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.