Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

This thread currently has 7,306 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 13, 2011, 8:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod

No, Cambridge was deemed as 'rather lucky' and we had 2 points deducted. Officially it is now a draw.

Silly me,forgot you were only awarded points in games that were won if "you deserved them".

A bit like Darlington did against us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 66
codcheeky
September 13, 2011, 8:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Havelock the Dane
Excuse me for shouting, but I just want to say a few words with added emphasis.

WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN FOREST GREEN AND HAYES & YEADING - IT IS TOO SOON TO LARGE IT OVER ANYONE!

Thank you for bearing with me. Promise to be quieter next time.

I agree with this, if we win on saturday it will 3 in a row for the first time for years, Lincoln are a team used to losing like we were last year ( how many times did we throw away points by letting in late goals as we tried to hang on?) it is no surprise either that promoted teams start well even if they are above their natural level, a winning mentality  and confidence both from players and fans is worth a goal start every game. Lincoln need a year like we did just to steady the ship, I am not saying we are nearly there yet but everything about GTFC feels more positive at the moment.  We got so used to moaning as fans that it became the default position, we expected a load of crap and got on the team/manager at every turn for a team especially with young players to play confidently in this enviroment is nearly impossible, this is were we were and lincoln are now
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 66
Marinerz93
September 13, 2011, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Havelock the Dane
Excuse me for shouting, but I just want to say a few words with added emphasis.

WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN FOREST GREEN AND HAYES & YEADING - IT IS TOO SOON TO LARGE IT OVER ANYONE!

Thank you for bearing with me. Promise to be quieter next time.

We should Lord it up over Lincoln all the more because of how the majority gloated when we slipped out of the league  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 66
AndyDarloFC
September 13, 2011, 5:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings
A bit like Darlington did against us.

We just took our chances

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 66
RoboCod
September 13, 2011, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We just took our chance s

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 66
aldi_01
September 13, 2011, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don't really give a excrement about Lincoln or whether they honour of business or sky rocket into the prima Donna league, however I do like to chuckle to myself at the thought of all the Lincoln fans who genuinely thought 4 wins in January would keep them up, it should've done but in reality they weren't good enough and in some respects were worse than us...that is why I laugh, and the constant blaming of something or someone else is also very funny to observe...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 66
Marinerz93
September 13, 2011, 11:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Maybe we should add the Scunts to the above thread title now they have slipped in to the relegation places  

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/micuo2.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 66
Helgy
September 14, 2011, 7:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from Marinerz93

We should Lord it up over Lincoln all the more because of how the majority gloated when we slipped out of the league  

That should not be too hard as we are at our lowest point ever in our massive history.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 66
Helgy
September 14, 2011, 2:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from aldi_01
I don't really give a excrement about Lincoln or whether they honour of business or sky rocket into the prima Donna league, however I do like to chuckle to myself at the thought of all the Lincoln fans who genuinely thought 4 wins in January would keep them up, it should've done but in reality they weren't good enough and in some respects were worse than us...that is why I laugh, and the constant blaming of something or someone else is also very funny to observe...

You are correct that there is a degree of denial with our fans, we are complete s.hite at the moment but the majority think they can see the green shoots of recovery.
The team are beat as soon as they step out onto the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 66
Marinerz93
September 14, 2011, 6:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Helgy

That should not be too hard as we are at our lowest point ever in our massive history.

Obviously your exempt from any grief I give Lincoln or it's fans, your kind of like our pet  

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.