Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 153 Guests

Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

This thread currently has 7,308 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Devonmatt
September 11, 2011, 6:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from Helgy

The club thought that the EGM had settled matters but on saturday it started to boil over again ,2 more defeats and i can see things happening.

Indeed.  Lots of discontent at Stockport as well re the takeover (or lack of it).  This league really is wide open this season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
bladerunnner
September 11, 2011, 8:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from Devonmatt

You've been married for twenty years and the family doesn't know you are a GTFC fan!!  Are you some kind of GTFC sleeper cell?

UTM

they know im not from grimsby,but what they don't know is iv'e followed town for all of my adult life!
iv'e not seen the need to mention it to them,some of them are scunt supporters, and trust me on this they detest us with a passion.
my first town game was grimsby v derby at the baseball ground when tony ford was playing for us!,there was two lads in the town end dressed in klu klux klan outfits!!!!!!!!! can anyone remember that? and the tunnel we had to walk through to get to the ground where we got ambushed by their skinheads?.................i was 8years old !!!!!!!!!! my next game was town v walsall at b.p. in the late80s i think.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
bradzmilne
September 11, 2011, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
dapperz fun pub
September 11, 2011, 9:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from bladerunnner

they know im not from grimsby,but what they don't know is iv'e followed town for all of my adult life!
iv'e not seen the need to mention it to them,some of them are scunt supporters, and trust me on this they detest us with a passion.
my first town game was grimsby v derby at the baseball ground when tony ford was playing for us!,there was two lads in the town end dressed in klu klux klan outfits!!!!!!!!! can anyone remember that? and the tunnel we had to walk through to get to the ground where we got ambushed by their skinheads?.................i was 8years old !!!!!!!!!! my next game was town v walsall at b.p. in the late80s i think.

i remember that game and the battle before and after,seem to recall the willows had a coach there who caused havoc and out of interest where are you from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
bladerunnner
September 12, 2011, 9:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

i remember that game and the battle before and after,seem to recall the willows had a coach there who caused havoc and out of interest where are you from?

i'm originally from Seattle,wa.
moved here when i was 5 years old father from cleethorpes,mum (mom) american
i now live in waltham married 20 years!!!!!!
got loads of crap at school, people couldn't understand what i was saying.
anyway thats my "life story"

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Marinerz93
September 12, 2011, 11:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from bladerunnner

i'm originally from Seattle,wa.
moved here when i was 5 years old father from cleethorpes,mum (mom) american
i now live in waltham married 20 years!!!!!!
got loads of crap at school, people couldn't understand what i was saying.
anyway thats my "life story"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpiAhxaE_oI

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
aldi_01
September 13, 2011, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The covenant on the ground will mean sodomist all when a large building company put an offer on the table knowing full well the club need cash.
The EGM in the summer seemed a waste of time, as an outsider looking in, nothing was sorted and the problems etc remained.
Tilson is clearly struggling as are some of the players. After Lincoln went down many a person came out and blamed someone or something else which didn't help morale, team spirit etc. I can't see tilson lasting until christmas if things carry on.

Seeing Dorian in the pub occasionally, he seems more and more stressed etc as time goes by, but just like us, I suppose you've got to make do and try and solve the problems with very little cash and players clearly not good enough...they may have been player of the year at their previous club but that means buggerall, so was Matt heywood and he's the worst town player ever.

You do know how bad your issues are but believe me, I've spoken to Lincoln fans who don't, or won't open their eyes to them...

Onwards and upwards for us and I'm sure it'll eventually be the same for gimps.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
Havelock the Dane
September 13, 2011, 7:53am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Excuse me for shouting, but I just want to say a few words with added emphasis.

WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN FOREST GREEN AND HAYES & YEADING - IT IS TOO SOON TO LARGE IT OVER ANYONE!

Thank you for bearing with me. Promise to be quieter next time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
ginnywings
September 13, 2011, 7:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Havelock the Dane
Excuse me for shouting, but I just want to say a few words with added emphasis.

WE HAVE ONLY BEATEN FOREST GREEN AND HAYES & YEADING - IT IS TOO SOON TO LARGE IT OVER ANYONE!

Thank you for bearing with me. Promise to be quieter next time.

Cambridge?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
RoboCod
September 13, 2011, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings

Cambridge?

No, Cambridge was deemed as 'rather lucky' and we had 2 points deducted. Officially it is now a draw.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.