Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

This thread currently has 7,312 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 11, 2011, 12:13am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from BiloLCFC

I can't even put LCFC 1884 as their club was founded in the same year.

Very true Bilo but let's look on the bright side. Lincoln may soon be LCFC 1884 - 2012.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
aldi_01
September 11, 2011, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Thing is, there are still gimps fans that don't want to or can't see how bad a mess the club is in. However bad we think our mess was, we all knew after we went down that it wouldn't be easy etc but too many Lincoln fans thought the opposite. They mocked us and other clubs in pre season for buying crap players when truth be told it was they who bought excrement.

They brought players in from league clubs who had been on loan at Lincoln, they were obviously excrement because they helped get them relegated so why would they suddenly become good for Lincoln? Tilson obviously isn't the right man for the job, their board seem worse than ours. They could lose their ground soon and there is little or no investment...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
Manchester Mariner
September 11, 2011, 9:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from upthestripes

Any sign of Aryan?  

Probably on an MCFC messageboard now.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
mariner91
September 11, 2011, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,755
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from aldi_01
Thing is, there are still gimps fans that don't want to or can't see how bad a mess the club is in. However bad we think our mess was, we all knew after we went down that it wouldn't be easy etc but too many Lincoln fans thought the opposite. They mocked us and other clubs in pre season for buying crap players when truth be told it was they who bought excrement.

They brought players in from league clubs who had been on loan at Lincoln, they were obviously excrement because they helped get them relegated so why would they suddenly become good for Lincoln? Tilson obviously isn't the right man for the job, their board seem worse than ours. They could lose their ground soon and there is little or no investment...

Made me chuckle with Aryan coming on here saying how bad our signings were and that they'd signed some "quality" players.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
grimps
September 11, 2011, 10:40am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,153
Gold Stars: 46
To be honest i dont really get much pleasure from Lincolns position but rather them that us,we both need to get out of this sh1te league as soon as posible.
18 away fans yesterday   when you think we used to often get 3-4000 in the away end .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
hook line and sinker
September 11, 2011, 10:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
kyle perrys a good player and is proven goalscorer at this level would probs be their only player i'd have wearing black and white
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
aldi_01
September 11, 2011, 11:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
He isn't really tearing up any trees down at the bank though...everyday there seems to be something in the echo blaming something else for their issues when none of the players or management/board will just come out and say they are excrement, the manager isn't seemingly doing his job properly and the players aren't good enough....

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
bladerunnner
September 11, 2011, 12:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from grimps
To be honest i dont really get much pleasure from Lincolns position but rather them that us,we both need to get out of this sh1te league as soon as posible.
18 away fans yesterday   when you think we used to often get 3-4000 in the away end .

yeah i agree,after all said and done we are both lincolnshire clubs and therefore it would be good to us BOTH to be playing as high up the leagues as possible.
yes there are morons and chavs in both clubs giving it large but when you speak to normal,balanced,adult,football loving fans of both lincoln and grimsby you come to realise we all love our clubs and don't really get pleasure from the demise of each other.
i certainly wouldn't want lincoln to lose their ground or drop out of football due to finances,i like going to the derby games with them and walking around lincoln is a pleasant day out.
the only exception i would make is scunthorpe,they do really hate us and if something bad happened to that shower of shite then i don't think i would feel the same sadness as i would for a club like lincoln,or even boston!
you see even non football fans of scunny call us codheads and hate us so its nothing to do with football rivalry,i know this hatred having been married to a winterton girl for the last twenty years and listened to some of the comments at weddings/parties/family events etc(they don't know im a town fan).

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
Devonmatt
September 11, 2011, 12:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from bladerunnner

yeah i agree,after all said and done we are both lincolnshire clubs and therefore it would be good to us BOTH to be playing as high up the leagues as possible.
yes there are morons and chavs in both clubs giving it large but when you speak to normal,balanced,adult,football loving fans of both lincoln and grimsby you come to realise we all love our clubs and don't really get pleasure from the demise of each other.
i certainly wouldn't want lincoln to lose their ground or drop out of football due to finances,i like going to the derby games with them and walking around lincoln is a pleasant day out.
the only exception i would make is scunthorpe,they do really hate us and if something bad happened to that shower of shite then i don't think i would feel the same sadness as i would for a club like lincoln,or even boston!
you see even non football fans of scunny call us codheads and hate us so its nothing to do with football rivalry,i know this hatred having been married to a winterton girl for the last twenty years and listened to some of the comments at weddings/parties/family events etc(they don't know im a town fan).

You've been married for twenty years and the family doesn't know you are a GTFC fan!!  Are you some kind of GTFC sleeper cell?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
Helgy
September 11, 2011, 6:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from aldi_01

Of course we know how crap we are,the players brought in Sinclair,Nutter from Gillingham are not bad but Sinclair has been injured,there's only Gowling that we signed after a loan.
Three players were their player of the season ,while Taylor was top goal scorer at his club.

It does seem that Tilson could not motival the players last season we needed one point to stay up out of 33 available,we then get in a new team and its the same old cack go one down heads drop.
I feel he's lost his touch and with a bit of hindsight he should have been sacked in the summer after our gutless demise.
Losing the ground? thats a first on me, the council gave us it and it has a covernate on it to stop any dodgy deals going down.
The chairman put in 100k in the summer because the season ticket sales went from 1.8k to 900.

The club thought that the EGM had settled matters but on saturday it started to boil over again ,2 more defeats and i can see things happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town steaming now and relegation fodder gimps lose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.