No Members and 135 Guests

Is Everyone Suddenly Feeling Positive

This thread currently has 3,882 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
September 5, 2011, 12:06am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

We murdered Mansfield and Histon and then gave one of the most lacklustre performances of last season at Wrexham....

A good point - I suppose the Histon rout was on the back of the Mansfield rout but we had 3 defeats(first 2 we didn't score, the last being Chasetown) after that.

Suppose my thinking was that if you get a team who can't really "open up" for fear of condeding and letting the points slip, then they might never gel into top gear.
As far as I can remember the Mansfield and Histon games weren't the walkovers the scores suggests ?
We never really looked like a potent attacking threat all season even after Histon did we ?
Anyway I accept consistency looks key - then again you don't need to be Einstein to realise lots of consecutive wins is the answer.
Reply: 40 - 45
gary_elton
September 5, 2011, 12:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Are you Elton in disguise?................. Arrrrrrrree you Elton in disguise?.... Are you Elton? Are you Elton? Are you Elton is disguise?

easy answer to this one.....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
Prawn Thrower
September 5, 2011, 1:54am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
I'm feeling positive - it is so easy to slag people off when times are bad. I'm honestly belleve we will become a really hard to beat in this division. 4 points off the playoffs - on the up!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Prawn Thrower
September 5, 2011, 2:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
A 2-0 victory against H+Y
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
Colonel Fishpaste
September 5, 2011, 3:15am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +11 / -1
I like our chances.  A little adversity to start the season can be a good thing.
UTMs!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Garth
September 5, 2011, 9:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
[quote=218]i really do want to feel positive, and it's underpinned by the defence which is starting to make me feel more encouraged. Maybe they are starting to get to know each other. However, the lack of openings at the other end will be our undoing unless something changes.
I'm inpressed with Hearn and I'm sure he'll do the business, but we're not creating enough chances. From what I've seen of Elding, Spencer and Duffy the chances are going to be gilt edged for them to find the net. I'd feel more positive with Makofo on the right, Eagle on the left and Coulson/Hearn up front.[/quote]

Noooooo! this league is all about a big ball winner up front
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Everyone Suddenly Feeling Positive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.