5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
September 4, 2011, 11:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
We need to win at least 3 or 4 games in a row which I believe we havent done in a few years now. You have to start somewhere though so I'm feeling more positive than I was a week a go.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Maringer
September 4, 2011, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,557
Gold Stars: 185
Good to get the victory. The positives are that we've been playing OK ever since the Braintree debacle.

Decent away results against Newport and now FGR, unlucky to lose against Gateshead and very unlucky to lose against Darlo.

The negatives, obviously, are our failure to get as many points as our play has deserved in recent matches and this means we are now a long way behind the leading clubs. We need to keep grinding out the results if we're going to cement a play-off place - I think automatic promotion is beyond us, already. The fact that two clubs are off to such a flyer means that it is unlikely that both will fall off too much before the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
80sglory
September 4, 2011, 2:10pm
Guest User
I'm not so sure Maringer, not trying to raise anyones hopes but you look at the league positions of teams it's almost like someones drawn them at random.
If Cambridge are 5th (we're only 4 pts behind), can the league really be that strong ?
Automatic promotion may be a step too far but the league looks wide open to me...
Not saying we're anywhere near strong enough to challenge yet but who knows we might be if we get a roll.
Reply: 12 - 45
upthestripes
September 4, 2011, 2:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from aldi_01
We did draw 3-3 as it was on tele and they were 3-1 up...may be reality has actually set in for many a fan though and the realise, it doesn't matter if we think teams are pub teams etc, we are in the same league and 3 points is three points whether you win 1-0 away or 15-0, still the same amount o points.

A big win would be a 4 pointer for us though considering our GD.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
buckstown
September 4, 2011, 2:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
i really do want to feel positive, and it's underpinned by the defence which is starting to make me feel more encouraged. Maybe they are starting to get to know each other. However, the lack of openings at the other end will be our undoing unless something changes.
I'm inpressed with Hearn and I'm sure he'll do the business, but we're not creating enough chances. From what I've seen of Elding, Spencer and Duffy the chances are going to be gilt edged for them to find the net. I'd feel more positive with Makofo on the right, Eagle on the left and Coulson/Hearn up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
cod.gtfc
September 4, 2011, 2:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Everyone forgotten Rob Scott's statement??

where has this one game obsession come from? We win one week we're brilliant, lose the next game and your the biggest clown alive!

how very true, case proved after last week and this week's games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
upthestripes
September 4, 2011, 2:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Everyone forgotten Rob Scott's statement??

where has this one game obsession come from? We win one week we're brilliant, lose the next game and your the biggest clown alive!

how very true, case proved after last week and this week's games.

Very true. Also the very same performance can be viewed as pee poor or great and steady depending on the result.
Heard a few 'good performance's from yesterday but if we'd lost I reckon it would've been a completely different assessment.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
STB
September 4, 2011, 3:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I'm feeling very positive at the moment but not really related to football.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
GtfcGarner
September 4, 2011, 4:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Wouldn't mind playing poor every week and coming out with a victory for  us to go up like its been mentioned, soon at the FT whistle goes the feeling of a win is un-buyable i don't care what you say. Lets build a big building from little blocks, long live the mariners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Lincoln Imp
September 4, 2011, 4:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Wouldn't mind playing poor every week and coming out with a victory for  us to go up like its been mentioned, soon at the FT whistle goes the feeling of a win is un-buyable i don't care what you say. Lets build a big building from little blocks, long live the mariners.

*Let's
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Everyone Suddenly Feeling Positive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.