This thread currently has 3,891 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
September 4, 2011, 7:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I've remained quietly positive throughout and have left games, even some we have lost, with a positive vibe for the first time in a long time -being sure to stay behind with a large amount of other supporters and let the player's know I applaud their efforts.

Couldn't make Forest Green due to work but great to hear that the Town end 'to a man' stayed behind again to give a standing ovation.

We are a work in progress still and it can only come together for me, barring horrendous luck with injuries.

I pray we can go on a bit of a run in the not too distant future -mainly to entice some of the stay away supporters back to the Park and ease the almighty financial strain their absence brings.

Whether we make the playoffs or just miss out, so long as we have tried our darnest and finally have a side we can be a little bit proud of then I will be content. Possibly disappointed but content, then hopefully we can all stick together and allow ScoHurst to continuing building. Moving in the right direction with a positive medium to long term plan (short term success a real bonus) we would surely reap what has been sown at some point so long as Fenty doesn't get impatient and plough it all up to start afresh.

Decent attendances would help no end and halt the forcing of the chairman's hand. Hopefully our new work ethos will encourage people to look forwards, not back and back the boys once again.

Heres hoping.

UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
GYinScuntland
September 4, 2011, 7:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from aldi_01
It's nice to go to bed on a Saturday knowing you've won for a change but we really do have to kick on from it...else it will feel like a hollow victory.

Spot on post, I got in a happy bunny after a good weekend away. But as you say fella, we need to kick on. 3, 4 or 5 on the trot and we're definately kicking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
barralad
September 4, 2011, 9:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from upthestripes

Agreed, although I'm not convinced about big wins breeding confidence - how many times do we see teams win by big margns and then lose their next game? I think what breeds confidence is a winning or unbeaten run, but luckily beating H&Y will mean something of a run anyway! Only 2 games but I reckon much more belief going to Stockport.

We murdered Mansfield and Histon and then gave one of the most lacklustre performances of last season at Wrexham....

I firmly believe that a series of wins regardless of the score are what matters. Never bothered Arsenal in the 90's.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Marinerz93
September 4, 2011, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Spot on post, I got in a happy bunny after a good weekend away. But as you say fella, we need to kick on. 3, 4 or 5 on the trot and we're definately kicking.

I know your living in Scuntyland but you are not a bunny, your a Mariner  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
gary_elton
September 4, 2011, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
delighted with the win.... reserved in celebration... need 6 or 7 points out of the next nine before I start to feel
that we may have something and that pre-season hope can finally materialise into yes !! lets push on now
... so despite being happy... holding my celebrations in somewhat... sorry... just the way it is...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
GYinScuntland
September 4, 2011, 10:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Marinerz93

I know your living in Scuntyland but you are not a bunny, your a Mariner  

LOL, well chastened. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
tomb
September 4, 2011, 11:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Approval: -7
No

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
80sglory
September 4, 2011, 11:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes
how many times do we see teams win by big margns and then lose their next game?

Can't say I've noticed tbh but I have noticed that teams what get stuffed heavily often win their next game - nothing like a good reality check or kick up the @rse !  
Reply: 37 - 45
gary_elton
September 4, 2011, 11:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
this thread has just gone mammaries up and bollox...

for mammaries read "ladies upper chest testicles "... thats my censor.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
tonyfordsmicrofro
September 4, 2011, 11:57pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from gary_elton
this thread has just gone mammaries up and bollox...

for mammaries read "ladies upper chest testicles "... thats my censor.....

Are you Elton in disguise?................. Arrrrrrrree you Elton in disguise?.... Are you Elton? Are you Elton? Are you Elton is disguise?

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is Everyone Suddenly Feeling Positive

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.