Imps Fan in Peace

This thread currently has 4,724 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob Peel
August 29, 2011, 8:53pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Just thought would have a dabble on your board you all seem more pi**ed off than us (just)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
voice of reason
August 29, 2011, 8:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rob Peel
Just thought would have a dabble on your board you all seem more pi**ed off than us (just)

Erm, don't know what would give you that impression...???  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
Super Clive
August 29, 2011, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rob Peel

That's because were 12 months ahead of you, it will get worse believe me!!!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
gtfc71
August 29, 2011, 8:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +8
Is one of the problems for us as fans that we don't give this league the respect it deserves? There are no end of examples of Conference sides performing with great distinction in the FA Cup against higher opposition.

I have to say, from what I have seen, I believe this league is league 3 in all but name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Rob Peel
August 29, 2011, 8:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Agree with that very well organised sides and at history shows promoted BSP sides tend to do well or at least hold their own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
ginnywings
August 29, 2011, 9:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from gtfc71
Is one of the problems for us as fans that we don't give this league the respect it deserves? There are no end of examples of Conference sides performing with great distinction in the FA Cup against higher opposition.

I have to say, from what I have seen, I believe this league is league 3 in all but name.

Totally agree mate and i think some fans believe we should only have to turn up to win because we are massive and this is a pub league.

Our budget and fanbase should dictate that we are up the business end at least but we need to be more realistic and build a side capable of challenging.

Walk before we run so to speak.

Welcome by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
Marinerz93
August 29, 2011, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rob Peel

It comes with over a decade of failure, the galling thing is that when we were in the Championship we used to take great joy at being the minnow getting results against bigger teams now it feels like it's happening to us every other week.  What's worse is the WUM's that have been drawn to this board who may not even be football fans, just losers who get's off on other people's misery.  Some are likely to be Scunts and Gimps, those really bitter fans who have been jealous of Town's previous league history.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Rob Peel
August 29, 2011, 9:05pm
Shandy Drinker
The jealous bit YES would agree there i am jealous and envious of your run in the Championship and how well Scunny have done with the endless list of stikers they have churned out......But think it is a sad old day when we were averaging 5000 not too long ago to now be struggling to beat the 2k mark - I know your gates have dropped dramatically also
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
Marinerz93
August 29, 2011, 9:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rob Peel
The jealous bit YES would agree there i am jealous and envious of your run in the Championship and how well Scunny have done with the endless list of stikers they have churned out......But think it is a sad old day when we were averaging 5000 not too long ago to now be struggling to beat the 2k mark - I know your gates have dropped dramatically also

I wasn't labeling you Rob, I work with a Lincoln fan and have good banter with him.  It's seems we only hear from certain posters after a loss or something happens where they can stir the excrement, pardon my french.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
BiloLCFC
August 29, 2011, 9:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Thing is that being a big club in a division like the BSP isn't always helpful.

Clubs like Braintree and Forest Green are absolutely itching to beat clubs like yourselves because you're considered a scalp. It can take a bit of time to adjust to that and not everyone manages it. It's exacerbated by fans of the bigger clubs fully expecting a side with over 100 years of FL experience to walk all over a part-time side that has spent most of its existence in regional leagues but it doesn't work like that. It's the same at all levels, Nottingham Forest and Leeds took some serious time adjusting to places like Cheltenham and Yeovil in League One.

[img]http://m0.ttxm.co.uk/images/feeds/pa/news/2011/05/18/460x259/N0537981305713203727A.jpg[/img]
When You're Smiling...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Imps Fan in Peace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.