Reply: 61 - 102
Marinerz93
December 5, 2009, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Wooton Bassett is the model for all towns and cities across the UK. It's televised for a varity of reasons, the main one is that it's a chance to speak about those who had paid the ultimate sacrifice for their country. You find out that the serviceman came from _________, he has brothers, sisters, kids etc and went to ________ school or __________ University and was a fan of ________. In Canada, servicemen killed in combat operations get special mentions in the news and some of the things above are listed.

As a serviceman who has served in Afghanistan and Iraq it is heart rendering to see such actions of respect and compassion by the general public, it renews a sense of purpose when you become disillusioned through poor facilities and equipment to do your job. Knowing that Wooton Bassett will 'stand for a few minutes' to show their respect can not be put into words.

You had the urine taken out of you when you worked in Grimsby and have now found a forum to dispense your vile hatred of the Town regardless of how you get your bite. The sooner you are banned the better Denty.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 102
bladerunnner
December 5, 2009, 7:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from 674
don't you fnd the EDL and BNP hijacking our flag a disgrace?

"our flag"? ethnic minorities are embarassed and annoyed by people like you fans stirring up trouble for them when they don't relly need you stick up for them.

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 102
fans64
December 5, 2009, 7:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH
Agreed, another shameful Fishy thread.

It shows up some of your fans for the violent knuckle dragging racsits they are,it should be kept here as a warning from the past
Reply: 64 - 102
bladerunnner
December 5, 2009, 7:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Green27
Can this thread be deleted please.

the truth never tastes nice does it?

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 102
bladerunnner
December 5, 2009, 7:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 674

It shows up some of your fans for the violent knuckle dragging racsits they are,it should be kept here as a warning from the past

wow you typed  "SOME" of your fans. your learning at last. of course it goes without saying scunthorpe has none of the above racist knuckle-draggers?   

Private Message
Reply: 66 - 102
grimps
December 5, 2009, 7:43pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 674

bit of a sweeping statement,its a bit like saying some of your town folk are smelly, women abusing ,cornershop owners eh ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 102
GrimRob
December 5, 2009, 7:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,473
Gold Stars: 115
Several people have complained about different parts of this thread for various reasons. I can't be bothered to read through the whole thing to decide what is and isn't acceptable. At first glance nothing I can see warrants anyone being banned. Everyone has different views - we all need to tolerate them. For example (and it's only an example) being a BMP supporter or subscribing to their beliefs is a legitimate point of view, much as I personally disagree with it. Some people deny the holocaust, some people deny global warning, some people deny evolution. They are all talking bollox in my view but that doesn't stop their right to breathe the same air as me or post on the same forums as me. All I can do is to try and persuade them they are wrong, and if that doesn't work try and persuade others that they are wrong.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 102
barralad
December 5, 2009, 10:05pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from GrimRob
Several people have complained about different parts of this thread for various reasons. I can't be bothered to read through the whole thing to decide what is and isn't acceptable. At first glance nothing I can see warrants anyone being banned. Everyone has different views - we all need to tolerate them. For example (and it's only an example) being a BMP supporter or subscribing to their beliefs is a legitimate point of view, much as I personally disagree with it. Some people deny the holocaust, some people deny global warning, some people deny evolution. They are all talking bollox in my view but that doesn't stop their right to breathe the same air as me or post on the same forums as me. All I can do is to try and persuade them they are wrong, and if that doesn't work try and persuade others that they are wrong.

And meanwhile another nail in the coffin of "The Fishy" as a sensible forum for debating...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › traitors in nottingham today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.