Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you vote in a General Election?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 60 Guests

How would you vote in a General Election?

This thread currently has 5,732 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
kingofthekippers
October 5, 2009, 2:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from therockenator

Yep  maybe I should, but If I had to meet everyone I had to form an opinion about, what a dull world it would be, as I said that was a personal opinion, No I havent met the guy, but Ive heard him speak enough to form an opinion however valid/invalid it may be.

You're quite right. You don't have to meet someone to form an opinion about them. I've never met Gordon Brown but I've seen and heard enough of him in the media to form an opinion that whilst he is very clever, he is not very personable, appears very cold and appears reluctant to listen to advice.

I am surprised by the description of Cameron as a 'smug, arrogant bastard' and wonder what that is based on. To me he appears neither smug or arrogant and I wonder whether such a description is borne out of the prejudice of inverted snobbery, in that someone who was born into money and had a private education is therefore automatically smug and arrogant.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
dapperz fun pub
October 11, 2009, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.58
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85
Quoted from kingofthekippers

You're quite right. You don't have to meet someone to form an opinion about them. I've never met Gordon Brown but I've seen and heard enough of him in the media to form an opinion that whilst he is very clever, he is not very personable, appears very cold and appears reluctant to listen to advice.

I am surprised by the description of Cameron as a 'smug, arrogant bastard' and wonder what that is based on. To me he appears neither smug or arrogant and I wonder whether such a description is borne out of the prejudice of inverted snobbery, in that someone who was born into money and had a private education is therefore automatically smug and arrogant.

i spend alot of time working in london,mainly in the fulham,notting hill,chelsea type areas basically the very rich areas and trust me these people who live here have no thought or care about the north and normally harp on how there taxes fund our council houses,now maybe cameron is a exception but i strongly think hes just a good PR man who cleverly is telling the masses what they want to hear without any real substance to it.brown on the other hand is a man steeped in political history but is main problem is he cant warm to the public like blair did and so therefoe will be voted out in may next year.so in short the so called higher classes of london are smug are arrogant and believe me a tory government isnt the answer to gys problems as we will all found out soon enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
kingofthekippers
October 11, 2009, 3:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

i spend alot of time working in london,mainly in the fulham,notting hill,chelsea type areas basically the very rich areas and trust me these people who live here have no thought or care about the north and normally harp on how there taxes fund our council houses,now maybe cameron is a exception but i strongly think hes just a good PR man who cleverly is telling the masses what they want to hear without any real substance to it.brown on the other hand is a man steeped in political history but is main problem is he cant warm to the public like blair did and so therefoe will be voted out in may next year.so in short the so called higher classes of london are smug are arrogant and believe me a tory government isnt the answer to gys problems as we will all found out soon enough

Then I can only assume we are all fucked then because after 12 years it is plainly obvious Labour has done little for the town. The problem is that NO major political party will do anything for towns like Grimsby.

A Labour government is not interested in Grimsby because it is a staunchly Labour seat and therefore they have very little to do to entice people to do vote for them. As I said before, hat stand and red rosette spring to mind.

Secondly a Conservative government will care little for Grimsby because it is not a seat they percieve to have a cat in hell's chance of winning (see above) and therefore they won't expend the energy trying to curry favour with the local electorate.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
ginnywings
October 11, 2009, 4:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548

Then I can only assume we are all fucked then because after 12 years it is plainly obvious Labour has done little for the town. The problem is that NO major political party will do anything for towns like Grimsby.

A Labour government is not interested in Grimsby because it is a staunchly Labour seat and therefore they have very little to do to entice people to do vote for them. As I said before, hat stand and red rosette spring to mind.

Secondly a Conservative government will care little for Grimsby because it is not a seat they percieve to have a cat in hell's chance of winning (see above) and therefore they won't expend the energy trying to curry favour with the local electorate.

And that's the sad part.Funding that we need decided on where we sit on the political spectrum.Not marginal enough to curry favour and that's the reason most politicians are not trusted.Every decision they make is for their own political ends with scant regard as to what is good for the country.

Cameron is a charlatan.He couldn't give a toss about people like us.

Brown has no charisma,which is why he will lose the next election.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
mrgrimsby
October 11, 2009, 8:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
when will we get devolution and our own parliament like Scotland? Free bloody everything (Gordon Browns fault)!!!!! It's about time the Isle Of Wight Got independence......and England
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
dapperz fun pub
October 12, 2009, 8:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.58
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,080
Gold Stars: 85

i know what your saying about gy getting no funding but the north in general as done ok,liverpool,manchester,sheffield,leeds have and are changing beyond belief but we pay the price for being at the end of the line   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
kamakazebear
October 12, 2009, 11:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +485
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

i know what your saying about gy getting no funding but the north in general as done ok,liverpool,manchester,sheffield,leeds have and are changing beyond belief but we pay the price for being at the end of the line   

the amount sheffield city centre has changed is literally beyond belief and isn't a bad place to live, they've made a lot of the main shopping area pedestrian only and just improved it no end

i think it's what our council is trying to emulate, especially with victoria street in town, but i just can't see it happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
marinette
October 16, 2009, 6:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I don't know yet.  I'd be tempted to shoot the lot of them.  If I vote for anyone it will probably be someone obscure.  Wasted vote but couldn't bring myself to vote for the two main ones.  It goes without saying that I will not vote for the BNP either.  I may well vote for the party that is most opposed to them.

Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
Manchester Mariner
October 16, 2009, 9:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,826
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from marinette
It goes without saying that I will not vote for the BNP either.  I may well vote for the party that is most opposed to them.

I wonder how the BNP vote will be effected should they allow membership to non-whites as is being discussed at the moment.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
MOONSTOMP
October 16, 2009, 9:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -1
What we need is a proper ~Right wing party not your mamby pamby BNP and Tories (no different to labour now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you vote in a General Election?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.