Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you vote in a General Election?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 104 Guests

How would you vote in a General Election?

This thread currently has 5,703 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Lord Sommet
September 28, 2009, 10:48pm
Never Forgive, Never Forget
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -1
Quoted from Civvy at last

You just ignore this post  

Oh I voted in it, just seems like the most obvious answer for most non political people are missing.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
Wrawby_Mariner
September 28, 2009, 10:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Green Party because they wont expect it
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 21 - 55
topuphere666
September 29, 2009, 6:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
GREEENNNNNNN ARRRMMMMYYYY

haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
theicenian
September 29, 2009, 8:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from topuphere666
GREEENNNNNNN ARRRMMMMYYYY

haha

Ugghhh sorry!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
Mikey_345
September 29, 2009, 5:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,666
Gold Stars: 114
Voted Labour, although i live in South Yorkshire so it will be for Kevin Barron MP, not Austin. Maybe abit biased as a Labour Party member and activist tho!  

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
kingofthekippers
September 29, 2009, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
But what has Mitchell done for Grimsby in the last decade? I guess it does go to show that you can put a red rosette on a hat stand in this area and people will vote for it.

By all means follow party lines but it would be nice to have someone new who has fresh ideas and something to prove. Maybe time the local PLP put forward a new candidate instead of the same old, same old.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
MaccaBilk
September 30, 2009, 7:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +16
Quoted from kingofthekippers
But what has Mitchell done for Grimsby in the last decade?

Mitchell has presided over decades of decline in the Town, yet he still gets the vote; things might change this time though.

Traditionally, Grimsby has been a working class town, but that's quickly changing. Grimsby is fast becoming an unemployed class town. Where working class vote labour, the unemployed vote BNP.

With a high profile campaign by Nick Griffin and the likes of BNP Vicar as his stooge, maybe we can expect a little shock for the seat of Great Grimsby come 2010.

--
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
September 30, 2009, 7:12am
Guest User
Quoted from MaccaBilk

Mitchell has presided over decades of decline in the Town, yet he still gets the vote; things might change this time though.

Traditionally, Grimsby has been a working class town, but that's quickly changing. Grimsby is fast becoming an unemployed class town. Where working class vote labour, the unemployed vote BNP.

With a high profile campaign by Nick Griffin and the likes of BNP Vicar as his stooge, maybe we can expect a little shock for the seat of Great Grimsby come 2010.

zzzzzzzzzzz
Reply: 27 - 55
MyDogsThoughts
September 30, 2009, 12:34pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
The media have alraedy choosen the Conservatives to win by a large margin, look at what The Sun did today.  It is time for the money-go-round to change direction for a while, the people who really run the country will see to that.  Trust a Dog, we know what is going on.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
kingofthekippers
September 30, 2009, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from therockenator
Definately Mr Mitchell for me, I attended a meeting with this Con Ayling, who claims to be a Local mum, she lives bloody miles away, hadnt even heard of where I live, and I also got a leaflet of her saying she worked in the Fishing Industry, when asked by a member of the audience, she actually worked for a cod liver oil company, I personally think the womans a hypocrite, so for all his faults Mr Mitchell will still be getting my X.

I hate to point it out but when Mitchell first came to Grimsby he was an outsider. He came from Yorkshire (in fact given the books he still writes I don't think he actually realises he's left it) and like all prospective candidates he tried to create a link with the area (I think he once covered a story about missing cats on the Wybers for Calendar or somesuch).

And as for his Labour predecessor Tony Crosland we was a second choice constituency for him! I don't care if prospective candidates are local or not so long as they do something for us and I think Mitchell switched off years ago.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you vote in a General Election?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.