7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 17, 2023, 7:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Is he addicted? Might've been 232 £1 accumulators on Brazilian Serie B and the Zambian Premier League.

As the report's not been released yet I've no idea if it's lenient or not.

(He was on loan at Scunthorpe during this period so was possibly just bored)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
golfer
May 17, 2023, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
The bets were actually 10p Round Robins and if they had all come up he would have won £4 - 27p.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
moosey_club
May 17, 2023, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Abdul19
Is he addicted? Might've been 232 £1 accumulators on Brazilian Serie B and the Zambian Premier League.

As the report's not been released yet I've no idea if it's lenient or not.

(He was on loan at Scunthorpe during this period so was possibly just bored)

If this included his time at Scunny then given Swann has massive gambling issues maybe he picked up the habit there ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
Abdul19
May 17, 2023, 11:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Him and Swann were often seen together so could be some truth in that. I bumped into both of them at a grime night at Henry Afrikas.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
OddShapedBalls
May 18, 2023, 9:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Personally I think it's excessive, however firstly you have to bear in mind if they are lenient it doesn't act as much of a deterrent and they have already been lenient by starting it now when Brentford are safe and 3 months will be eaten up with pre-season so it's only a 5 month ban really and he can train with his club for the last 4 months.

Compare it to Rob Howley's ban for betting being 18 months suspension from rugby and it is pretty lenient really

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/rob-howley-betting-scandal-suspension-17427375
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
diehardmariner
May 18, 2023, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Excessive ban for what I presume is naive stupidity rather than intent to benefit from intelligence/ability to influence the outcome.

Don't personally think any of the footballing authorities are in a position to issue any bans, nor guidance, on betting when they continue to allow betting companies to sponsor teams and competitions.  

Convenient that this hard-line approach comes at the time when the authorities have received criticism for not doing enough with their recent moves towards removing shirt sponsorship by betting companies.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
GollyGTFC
May 18, 2023, 10:28am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Bradley Wood got 6 years in 2018! His was blatant match fixing that included one of his mates placing a very large bet on him to get booked with William Hill.

It’s called Spot Fixing. Match fixing is deliberately influencing the result of the match as is a much more serious offence. As you said he got himself booked deliberately.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 61
jamesgtfc
May 18, 2023, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It’s called Spot Fixing. Match fixing is deliberately influencing the result of the match as is a much more serious offence. As you said he got himself booked deliberately.

The consequence of him getting booked though was that Ipswich took a terrible free kick and Lincoln went down the other end on the counter attack to win the game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
May 18, 2023, 10:43am
Guest User
I'm inclined to think Toney needs help rather than punishment.

It's not as though he needed to show a profit from the gambling - he was looking at a footballing future which would make him a
multi-millionaire by the time he retired.

I find it impossible to understand, unless there's a gene in his DNA which predisposes him to gamble.
(I've read that there's a gene which determines whether or not a person is liable to commit crime, but the above is just a guess.)
Reply: 18 - 61
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 18, 2023, 10:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 137
I'm inclined to think Toney needs help rather than punishment.

It's not as though he needed to show a profit from the gambling - he was looking at a footballing future which would make him a
multi-millionaire by the time he retired.

I find it impossible to understand, unless there's a gene in his DNA which predisposes him to gamble.
(I've read that there's a gene which determines whether or not a person is liable to commit crime, but the above is just a guess.)

Have you ever seen him interviewed? He's not the brightest.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ivan Toney

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.