Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 288 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 7,823 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
April 19, 2023, 9:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from robborhino
Glad it wasn't just me who was really cold in the upper, I thought I was being soft lol

Poor form that. The Blundell Park microclimate is something that needs to be studied, anyone knows it’s at least 5c cooler than the rest of Cleethorpes

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 87
Maringer
April 19, 2023, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,682
Gold Stars: 189
I would be smug and claim that I knew it was going to be cold and so was well wrapped-up, but I was still too daft to remember to take a hat and gloves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 87
acko338
April 19, 2023, 10:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Barrow could have won 3 - 1 so easily last night.

If their forwards had been better and Crocombe hadn't pulled off some good saves, everyone would have been disappointed.

But, Town stayed in the game, and Hurst made the right subs to give the team a chance to play more accurate passing and attacking, which gave up the goal and eventual win.

Amazed how many times our giant George Lloyd managed to manhandle their centre backs sufficiently to give away so many free kicks????

That sarcastic remark shows the contempt for another blind ref who allowed all of Barrow's physical bullying, pushing, shirt grabbing etc, when if they had stuck to their attacking plan could have took us apart legally.

The guy who took Khouri out could have put him out for the season with a slightly harder contact.

Right result, a struggle to watch the 1st half yet again ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 87
HerveJosse
April 19, 2023, 10:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Heisenberg

I underestimated it big time - hoodie and gilet, as opposed to the usual ‘big coat’ - massive mistake. I actually know someone whose wife turned up at half time to take his daughter home as she was frozen!

The upper was bloody Baltic.

You will never learn. You will be suggesting we have a green kit next.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 87
forza ivano
April 20, 2023, 7:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Great posts on Emmanuel by diehard (post 70) and esp.lew chatterley's lover on ph (post 5 dont often agree with Lew, but think hes got it spot on
Emmanuel is a bit like o'Neill great start but gone off the boil.
I think ph might well have a chance of getting him next season .of course it's fair to say Emmanuel has been out for a long time and might benefit from a proper pre season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 87
OddShapedBalls
April 20, 2023, 9:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from acko338
Barrow could have won 3 - 1 so easily last night.

If their forwards had been better and Crocombe hadn't pulled off some good saves, everyone would have been disappointed.

But, Town stayed in the game, and Hurst made the right subs to give the team a chance to play more accurate passing and attacking, which gave up the goal and eventual win.

Amazed how many times our giant George Lloyd managed to manhandle their centre backs sufficiently to give away so many free kicks????

That sarcastic remark shows the contempt for another blind ref who allowed all of Barrow's physical bullying, pushing, shirt grabbing etc, when if they had stuck to their attacking plan could have took us apart legally.

The guy who took Khouri out could have put him out for the season with a slightly harder contact.

Right result, a struggle to watch the 1st half yet again ??

If Khan hadn't wasted being 1-1 twice we could - and should- have had 3 goals too tbf.  The ref was an enigma, not the  worst we've had by any stretch and wasn't one-eyed (let several of our lads get away with offences that should have been yellows for example) but seemed to think featherweight george was beating up the Barra man mountains, who were simulating quite a bit.  I can get on board with ignoring the smaller stuff like shirt pulling and pushing etc if it's in aid of keeping the game flowing but he didn't let the game flow so it's all just rather puzzling.  Still, not the worst ref by a long shot......maybe that says something about the standard of officials though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 87
April 20, 2023, 10:03am
Guest User
Since when did using two hands to push someone in the back become legal and not a foul?  You see it happen regularly in every game now, and very rarely is a free kick given.
Reply: 86 - 87
lee65
April 20, 2023, 1:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from forza ivano
Great posts on Emmanuel by diehard (post 70) and esp.lew chatterley's lover on ph (post 5 dont often agree with Lew, but think hes got it spot on
Emmanuel is a bit like o'Neill great start but gone off the boil.
I think ph might well have a chance of getting him next season .of course it's fair to say Emmanuel has been out for a long time and might benefit from a proper pre season

If Emanuel looked great every game we would have no chance of him signing for next season, but currently we might, and I would if possible 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.