Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 245 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 7,817 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
bobbyturtle
April 18, 2023, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
I see khan as abit like andy parkinson. lots of endeavour but not always happen ing for him

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 87
lukeo
April 19, 2023, 4:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Orsi and Gav deserve a pat on the back, especially Gav. Worked hard and changed the game.
It's a funny old game. If you forget how we've performed and just look at the table and our cup exploits you'd have to say it's been a satisfying 1st season back in the FL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 87
Heisenberg
April 19, 2023, 6:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from chaos33
Thought Gav made a telling and decisive difference.

I’ve been critical of Holohan but I’d have to agree with you here. Was more like himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 87
forza ivano
April 19, 2023, 6:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
I must be alone in thinking that the 2nd half was enjoyable ,and decent offensively, from town. 3/4 subs improved us and we were generally quicker in thought and deed.
Was pleased with khouri performance, although think him n gave would be a better option than him n the very limited green.gav would also help guide him through it. Orsi showed what he needs, playing off someone and having someone deliver the ball to feet. I really think that if ph gets those 2 elements right he will flourish.
He showed in that luton game that he dies have the ability
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 87
aldi_01
April 19, 2023, 7:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
flipping Hurst, subs are always excrement and never at the right time 🙄

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 87
male private Johnson
April 19, 2023, 7:16am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +170
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HerveJosse

Double negatives usually belie a certain lack of confidence in a statement .

In this case the stats don’t lie though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 87
GtfcGarner
April 19, 2023, 8:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
The more I think about the season, the more happier I get now we have distanced ourselves from the relegation fight. I come on after a match and berate the team if they have played utter drivel - some times this season has been the case. But if we manage to get a top half finish and add to that our cup run.. We would of taken that at the start of the season, constant improvement I would settle for here, we have been disgraced over the past 15 seasons with some of the players pulling on the shirt but if Jason sticks to his word then we will be up there next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 87
Maringer
April 19, 2023, 8:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I thought Green had a reasonable game. Won no end of headers in the second half and used the ball better than in the first as well.

Khouri did OK in general for an inexperienced player. Got stuck in to win the ball and a nice touch to set up a blocked shot in the first half. Some of his passing was a bit dodgy, but the same could be said for the rest of the team! Nowhere near man of the match, however.

Crocombe probably won that for me with a couple of important saves when we wavered defensively. It was a decent performance by the defence, considering that we were giving away a couple of inches to most of their players at set pieces. We had Harry and Khouri trying to mark players who were about 6 inches taller than them from some corners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 87
Rodley Mariner
April 19, 2023, 8:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
We're in League 2. Not many teams with three ball players in the middle of the park and at times when Green hasn't played we've bemoaned the lack of physicality. I think there is a place for him but we've not quite found the right combination in midfield this season - with or without him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 87
Zmariner
April 19, 2023, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Green clear mom for me. Won his battles , passing ok and a better footballer than many he give him credit for.
Khan works hard even when things are not running well and I like him. Subs did well. Emmanuel I am not sure about. Looks very able and I expect a bit more from him. I like Smith and I wonder if he could be signed, there is a huge gulf to the championship. I watched Hull play Burnley and there is a chasm in standard. Crocombe much better last night I thought , I think he had been poor since Xmas but full credit last night he played very well. MacAtee was off the pace again and perhaps his mind is elsewhere. He had been great and so no complaints. I am lost as to why Hurst plays him in this forward role. He does not head the ball or hold it up and so I am lost. As a link up player he is great. Great to win but a hard watch yet again utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.