Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 7,824 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
April 18, 2023, 10:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
A game pretty much ruined by the wind. We tried to manage it in our faces 1st half and could still have gone in 1-0 had it not been for a great save to deny khan by the keepers foot. Crocombe and some stubborn defending kept it 0-0 at half time. Khouri was my mom 1st half.

2nd half, despite kicking into the wind, Barrow came at us and on another day we could have been 1 or 2 down. thankfully weathered the storm and with the only real moment of quality, Orsi sits down the defender, shifts the ball right before a composed finish with a much needed win.

Overall not a classic, the wind contributing to that, but a home victory against a handy team that had an outside chance of the play offs and we go top half with 7 points from 9, 5th home win of season and a promising display by Khouri.

Hope we stay unbeaten in last 4 and finish with a strong league position to help attract better players in the summer.

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 87
FishySmithy
April 18, 2023, 10:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
I’ll take that all day long a win is a win. #pointswinprizes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 87
Chrisblor
April 18, 2023, 10:43pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,971
Gold Stars: 242
Only watched it online cos i'm stuck away for work this week but I thought we generally controlled that match. Yeah Barrow had a couple of chances, primarily from set pieces, but we finished with over 60% possession and had a number of very good opportunities to score earlier in the game but for poor decision making. Really thought Khan should have put us 1-0 up when their defender fell on his bottom and left him with a 1 on 1. Khouri looked great and Orsi took his chance superbly. I do want to see Hunt featuring heavily in the last few games of the season though - I know Hurst worries too much about his height (in tonight's interview post match with JT he brought up the height of the starting line-up unprompted), but he's our best passer and is under contract for two more years - I really think he can develop into a key player in that time!

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 87
TAGG
April 18, 2023, 10:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
The goal was worth the entrance fee.
Fukin freezing.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 87
Poojah
April 18, 2023, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,902
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from HerveJosse

Double negatives usually belie a certain lack of confidence in a statement .

Not in this case. I’m very confident, and why wouldn’t I be?

Since 2006, the highest we have finished is 14th in League Two. That was the 2016/17 season, the season after we were promoted previously, under Paul Hurst no less.

Technically, we completed that season under the stewardship of Russell Slade, but were earlier led by Marcus Bignot and before that, Paul Hurst. As of Hurst’s last game in the dugout that season, we were 6th.

His record stands. In his time here, he’s delivered 2 more promotions than any manager since 1998. That’s 25 years. Twist it if you want to, he’s at least our second best manager since the early 80s and he’s here largely on the basis of our incumbent owners.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 87
TwoLeftFeet
April 18, 2023, 10:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
The positives from tonight apart from the three points was Khouri first half looks like a good prospect, thought Crocombe had a better game tonight and the finish from Orsi...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 87
moosey_club
April 18, 2023, 10:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Difficult conditions....but still a  slow start not helped by a bright opposition and a very narrow formation.
Took 20 odd mins to settle into but thought we grew into the game and took control towards half time.
Second half back to square one and struggled to get going, lots of pressure, saves, woodwork to the rescue and started to think this could be our night.
Khan through on goal but smothered and I thought that was our chance gone but Orsi and Holohan on pepped us up.
Orsi is a very intelligent player, aware of what's around him, decent touch and rarely overplays it. Couple of nice simple lay offs, decent runs and a very composed finish under pressure.
Makes a difference when he plays.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 87
CSLM
April 18, 2023, 11:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
It is strange as I think we would all have taken 6 defeats from 21 home games but it is has been very hard work watching the majority of the matches in a Baltic Blundell park.

Fair play to Orsi and Gav did well when he came on.

Surely gotta give Hunt and Orsi a proper run in these last few.
Orsi does seem to make things happen. That Salford game he started we scored from his quick thinking.
Difficult to understand how he has been overlooked on occasions especially when the young loan players have featured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 87
toontown
April 18, 2023, 11:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Nice to get a lucky win for a change instead of suffering an unlucky defeat/draw at home.
Thought khori played some good forward passes but did give away the ball a number of times when playing what should have been simple balls wide. Perhaps it was nerves because he did better doing some of the more difficult stuff.
Couple of good saves from max too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 87
chaos33
April 18, 2023, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
Thought Gav made a telling and decisive difference.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.